Hollyoaks

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Probably more concerned about being non-binary (since its the new fad) than being a credible actor.

I doubt this person will never be axed because of the famous parents
I can just *imagine* the articles if that happened. The producer who did it would probably be hounded out of a job.

My thinking exactly. It’s getting a bit tiresome now 🙄
A *bit*!? You have far more patience than I! I end conversations when I learn anyone “identifies” as this sort of thing and don’t enter conversation in the first place if I find out beforehand. It’s draining.

Reactions: 3
I can just *imagine* the articles if that happened. The producer who did it would probably be hounded out of a job.

A *bit*!? You have far more patience than I! I end conversations when I learn anyone “identifies” as this sort of thing and don’t enter conversation in the first place if I find out beforehand. It’s draining.
I think it the person actually did identify as a male/they. They would not feel comfortable portraying a female even if it is fictional. Elliot page spoke out about how painful it was for him to play the female roles as Ellen page. Sorry I’m just not buying talia/tylan

Reactions: 5

Cancel culture is an evil thing and it's usually the non-binaries that start the witch hunts.

I'd rather have an easy life and not have to walk on egg shells or constantly be worried about offending someone because a person 'identifies' as a 'They/Them' or a 'Xie/Xim' so I just stay away.

Reactions: 2
She's possibly one of my least liked characters of all time.
I agree. She/they/he (???) was definitely brought in to tick a few boxes with them having autism. And now another box they can tick with them being non binary.

***duck sake the amount of times I reread that and changed words to make sure I'm not being offensive 🙈

He/she/them/they is an appalling actor. Definitely a box ticking exercise. Iv no time for that bolloxology.

Reactions: 4
I agree. She/they/he (???) was definitely brought in to tick a few boxes with them having autism. And now another box they can tick with them being non binary.

***duck sake the amount of times I reread that and changed words to make sure I'm not being offensive 🙈
I think part of the reason why Sally has been generally well received is that she is written as a normal person who happens to be trans - well, as "normal" as it gets for Hollyoaks ;) She experiences realistic difficulties that come with being trans, but her character doesn't revolve around it. The same is true of Courtney's disability. Whereas Brooke comes across much more as wanting a character to fill a certain "minority" role and it'll likely get worse from here. It's irritating partly because we know Hollyoaks can do better

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I think part of the reason why Sally has been generally well received is that she is written as a normal person who happens to be trans - well, as "normal" as it gets for Hollyoaks ;) She experiences realistic difficulties that come with being trans, but her character doesn't revolve around it. The same is true of Courtney's disability. Whereas Brooke comes across much more as wanting a character to fill a certain "minority" role and it'll likely get worse from here. It's irritating partly because we know Hollyoaks can do better
Totally agree I love Sally and actually forget that she's trans until it's mentioned which is very rarely. I literally fast forward Brookes scenes I don't even know what the deal is with her and Imran I just see them both sitting looking dull. He's another character I wish they'd get rid of.

Reactions: 10
I absolutely love sally!! Excellent actress too!

• Heart
Totally agree I love Sally and actually forget that she's trans until it's mentioned which is very rarely. I literally fast forward Brookes scenes I don't even know what the deal is with her and Imran I just see them both sitting looking dull. He's another character I wish they'd get rid of.
One thing I did pick up on, though they may still do this, is the George/Sally scene when he called her something like “a bitter old woman”, when JP wasn’t there. I thought that to be fitting in with his characters dark side he would refer to her as a man and deliberately use the word “dad” when nobody was in earshot.

I like Imran although I didn’t at first. But I think he has been dragged down by Brooke, he wasn’t ever the most dynamic character but I thought he was fine as (old) Ollie’s best mate and when the three of them and Juliet used to hang out. Now he is boring just moping around after Brooke. But I have faith that he could be a good character again

Edit: I thought I was quoting two different posters lol

George is a bleeping bellend. The actor doesn’t suit that role at all. It’s painfully obvious he’s abusive and weird but nobody is clocking it? Naaaaaah.
He should’ve been written out before he got involved with JP.

Maxine’s mam needs to disappear ASAP. Over her tit the moment she came in to it.

Don’t get me started on AJ. WTAF was THAT?!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
😫 I actually don't mind Imran, he needs a new storyline.
Imran is great but do we really want to watch more of this non binary nonsense 🙄 with the worst actor on the show (Brooke) him/they

Reactions: 4
Anyone else thinking mercedes will find herself pregnant for Romeo?
100%

Imran is great but not with Brooke!

I also really like Verity, I wish she would get back with Sami - they were pretty cute no?

Imran is great but do we really want to watch more of this non binary nonsense 🙄 with the worst actor on the show (Brooke) him/they
I guarantee they'll talk about how they're using this as an opportunity to teach about autism and non-binary people etc. etc. except ... we've already had Ripley, who is non-binary. We've already had Brooke, who is autistic. Do we need to have yet another storyline about both this soon? If the actor wanted Brooke to be made non-binary, it doesn't have to be the focus of an entire OTT plot. (I will lose it if Brooke's name is changed to Brylan!)

I also really like Verity, I wish she would get back with Sami - they were pretty cute no?
I think they know that a lot of people want to see that happen but are sticking to the "we can't keep the same couple together for 'too long'" mandate

I guarantee they'll talk about how they're using this as an opportunity to teach about autism and non-binary people etc. etc. except ... we've already had Ripley, who is non-binary. We've already had Brooke, who is autistic. Do we need to have yet another storyline about both this soon? If the actor wanted Brooke to be made non-binary, it doesn't have to be the focus of an entire OTT plot. (I will lose it if Brooke's name is changed to Brylan!)

I think they know that a lot of people want to see that happen but are sticking to the "we can't keep the same couple together for 'too long'" mandate
Same! And the fact Brooke was almost horrified when Juliet made the pass at her last New Years.. she made it pretty clear she was very much straight. I think hollyoaks are trying to shoehorn in the latest fad 🙄

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.