Hollyoaks #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I stopped watching religiously a couple of months ago but caught the odd episode and it’s just so bad. Does anyone know what the ratings are like? I think it used to average about 1 mil across C4 and E4….

Reactions: 1
Haven't watched for ages I just can't bring myself to it's so dire

Just caught this thread, I think hollyoaks likes to cover real life stuff that the other soaps don’t cover but the actual writing of the storylines and acting is shocking. I feel sorry for those who are actually good at acting they must cringe with the other scenes. Do the writers of brookside still have anything to do with hollyoaks cos that went a bit mad before it finished

Reactions: 5
Just caught this thread, I think hollyoaks likes to cover real life stuff that the other soaps don’t cover but the actual writing of the storylines and acting is shocking. I feel sorry for those who are actually good at acting they must cringe with the other scenes. Do the writers of brookside still have anything to do with hollyoaks cos that went a bit mad before it finished
I'm sure Phil Redmond writes books now!

This was interesting to read his views

Last edited:
How is this tit still going? It's where people who can't act get a job, leave, realise they can't act then go back. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I think my favourite period in HO was 2004-2009 (although there were still some bad bits in between). It just gradually got more ridiculous and badly acted. And they obviously favoured certain characters so every storyline had them shoehorned in somehow. I can't remember when I finally gave up I think it was 2014. I enjoyed some of the classic episodes they showed but they were cut to bits so that was annoying as well

Reactions: 6
I stopped watching religiously a couple of months ago but caught the odd episode and it’s just so bad. Does anyone know what the ratings are like? I think it used to average about 1 mil across C4 and E4….
The ratings are pretty dreadful right now. The Channel 4 showing is doing particularly badly and there's been a lots of occasions recently where it's fallen below 400,000 viewers. The E4 figures are slightly better (usually anywhere between 450,000 - 650,000 viewers) but it's still not performing as well as it was just a couple of years ago.

Whether the low ratings are down to fewer viewers being around during the summer or the poor quality of the show right not isn't clear, but it'll be interesting to see how it performs in the Autumn. I'd imagine that Channel 4 will be hoping for improvement as I can't imaging having two main showings is sustainable with those figures.

Reactions: 2
The ratings are pretty dreadful right now. The Channel 4 showing is doing particularly badly and there's been a lots of occasions recently where it's fallen below 400,000 viewers. The E4 figures are slightly better (usually anywhere between 450,000 - 650,000 viewers) but it's still not performing as well as it was just a couple of years ago.

Whether the low ratings are down to fewer viewers being around during the summer or the poor quality of the show right not isn't clear, but it'll be interesting to see how it performs in the Autumn. I'd imagine that Channel 4 will be hoping for improvement as I can't imaging having two main showings is sustainable with those figures.
God I haven't watched the channel 4 showing for years. I don't think ratings can ever be accurate these days when there's Ch 4 then first look, the ch 4 app and people recording episodes. But agree they must be tit. I'm the last man standing of about 5 friends who used to watch and have dropped 1 by 1 in recent years😂 is there still a Sunday omnibus? That's how I watched it growing up

Reactions: 3
God I haven't watched the channel 4 showing for years. I don't think ratings can ever be accurate these days when there's Ch 4 then first look, the ch 4 app and people recording episodes. But agree they must be tit. I'm the last man standing of about 5 friends who used to watch and have dropped 1 by 1 in recent years😂 is there still a Sunday omnibus? That's how I watched it growing up
I watched religiously from the start until the beginning of the summer. I did in and out now but really just watch the clips on their fb - they show the main part of each ep 🤣.
I think the omnibus is on thru the night at the weekend 🤣🤣

Reactions: 3
I watched religiously from the start until the beginning of the summer. I did in and out now but really just watch the clips on their fb - they show the main part of each ep 🤣.
I think the omnibus is on thru the night at the weekend 🤣🤣
That's actually a good idea… I fast forward through A LOT these days!

I agree the trailer looks awful and I am so fed up of Warren. I used to like him back in the day but now he really gets on my nerves.

Reactions: 4
Just been catching up over the last couple of days, did anyone notice when Cher was in hospital and her dad was reminiscing how they played a Cher song in the background 😂
CRINGE!! 😂

• Haha
Just been catching up over the last couple of days, did anyone notice when Cher was in hospital and her dad was reminiscing how they played a Cher song in the background 😂
CRINGE!! 😂
Haven't watched for weeks had a sneaky peek turned it back off glad brodies is gone he was such a crap actor and character

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.