Holly Gabrielle #8 If slow living why all the fast running?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've got no issue with her preferring pen and paper, but the point about exercising hand muscles is the biggest stretch I've ever seen. It's not like people are lacking in daily activities that involve the hands. If she really wanted to exercise her hands, it'd be more useful to pick up an activity like playing the piano.

Reactions: 6
are people seriously using someone else's itineraries like that? I never got the point of her making them as a product after each trip.

Reactions: 2
are people seriously using someone else's itineraries like that? I never got the point of her making them as a product after each trip.
She probably gets a little money every time someone uses her code with lubd so she posts the itineraries hoping someone will book at the same places she was gifted. Also, while I agree that Holly is probably the worst person to take travel advice from, I can see how using an experienced traveler's itinerary (more experienced than Holly and not obsessed with places to run) can be helpful just to use as a baseline if you're going to a place you've never been to before and you don't know what they have around.

I use them as inspiration for my own trip itineraries, but they need to be from people who actually immerse themselves in cultures.

Reactions: 1
I've got no issue with her preferring pen and paper, but the point about exercising hand muscles is the biggest stretch I've ever seen. It's not like people are lacking in daily activities that involve the hands. If she really wanted to exercise her hands, it'd be more useful to pick up an activity like playing the piano.
also like with typing you are at least moving both hands, with writing you are using one in a non-ergonomical way. Far stretch at least

• Haha
Saw from Strava that Holly's running mileage seems to have jumped from sporadic 7ks to 15k in a single run. Sheer stupidity of the highest order.

• Angry
Reactions: 7
Saw from Strava that Holly's running mileage seems to have jumped from sporadic 7ks to 15k in a single run. Sheer stupidity of the highest order.
I wonder if her physio told her to, or she misunderstood his advice.

By not resting now she's going to end up injuring herself to the point that she can't run because she's permanently injured herself. Chasing a momentary high vs. long term ablity.

It won't last...who's going to listen?!
I feel like the podcast market is already flooded, plus I'd rather hear from actual scientists/science communicators. I think she needs to realise she's not going to convert her audience into people who watch educational videos and it's going to take a lot of work to get into science communication like she wants.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.