Holly Gabrielle #7 Studying, running, always ahead, but one trip to Spain and there's a boy in her bed

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I suspected that the comments challenging her are why she was upset in her previous vlog. Nothing to do with homesickness, she just doesn’t want to be challenged about her behaviours. There were loads of comments on her strava about it!
completely agree, she seems triggered by the running comments on all her platforms, but trying to mask it as homesickness sadness.

I think she’s having a full-blown relapse currently. Her videos are not doing well in terms of view count, especially compared to Australia vlogs and even the previous Thailand trip. I think she probably feels lost and out of control right now, not sure what to do with her future, etc. hence the insane running regiment and the extremely rigid overplanning of every minute of her day…

Reactions: 16
completely agree, she seems triggered by the running comments on all her platforms, but trying to mask it as homesickness sadness.

I think she’s having a full-blown relapse currently. Her videos are not doing well in terms of view count, especially compared to Australia vlogs and even the previous Thailand trip. I think she probably feels lost and out of control right now, not sure what to do with her future, etc. hence the insane running regiment and the extremely rigid overplanning of every minute of her day…
It will be interesting to see how angelo handles it. They don't really know each other and he probably hasn't dealt with anything like this before. He does seem calm enough but may be too much living and working together after such a short time of knowing each other? V odd.

Reactions: 7

Yeah this - and I also got the impression that she was extremely focused on getting a boyfriend/getting into a relationship. So now that she actually has a boyfriend she might feel a bit lost/fall into a bit of a hole.

She's always been extremely goal-driven after all, and at the moment it's not really clear what the next 'big goal' is going to be, I think. Like it was "gotta get into Cambridge like my sister", "gotta finish first in my year at Cambridge", "gotta finish my master's in Cancer, a degree which I don't intend to ever put to any use cause I have no intention of actually working in this field", "gotta run the London marathon", "gotta get a boyfriend". And now it's just, what is the goal now? I'm not saying that everyone needs to pursue a big life goal all the time, absolutely not! But just that for Holly, I think that's what she's always done so far.

I also feel like she's really smug about being completely recovered from her ED, and she seems to view having a boyfriend and being "foodies" together with him as evidence of recovery. Which idk, that doesn't seem like a v healthy or realistic self-assessment to me.

It's almost as if he is encouraging her ed with this running they are doing. You think that her boyfriend would be aware of her history with one and it's all online anway and then think that her behaviour is not the healthiest right now.

Speaking of Holly needing to have her goals, what is she doing to do after she runs 100k a week ?

• Sad
Reactions: 19
It's almost as if he is encouraging her ed with this running they are doing. You think that her boyfriend would be aware of her history with one and it's all online anway and then think that her behaviour is not the healthiest right now.

Speaking of Holly needing to have her goals, what is she doing to do after she runs 100k a week ?
She's aiming to run an ultra which is anything longer than a marathon, but I would guess she's aiming to run 50k next

Reactions: 9

I don't get the impression he understands stuff like that? He is just in awe of her keeping up with him

Reactions: 5
Do you think her family is concerned about her excessive and obsessive training regime?

Reactions: 3
Do you think her family is concerned about her excessive and obsessive training regime?
Probably not, they have such weird family dynamic, lacking any genuine concern or emotion. Both daughters were disordered from early teens, sound like mother actively encouraged them to compete with each other. They have plenty of disposable income to facilitate best recovery for Holly but instead the Mum decided to herself turn vegan so the entire family could eat restrictive diet.

Reactions: 20
I know that she's apparently doing an ultra marathon but I feel like she is in dangerous place with her ed with the obsessive running and Angelo is encouraging her unintentionally with that and eating bland meals. I don't think that it helps she has a lot of focus on food in her relationship since her and Angelo are both 'foodies,' and that's how she's knows that she has 'healed,' from her ed. I do think that if they ever broke up that her ed would either spiral / full blown.

Reactions: 15
“My whole life I’ve always wanted to test my body in different ways”

That’s a very romantic way of saying she’s gone to extreme lengths to be thin her whole life
00BDA632-CA7D-4684-A82B-7BD62CE2B543.png

Reactions: 15
“My whole life I’ve always wanted to test my body in different ways”

That’s a very romantic way of saying she’s gone to extreme lengths to be thin her whole life View attachment 2198628
Besides her marathon, she has done really little in terms of 'physical test' more like she is justifying her frequent under fueling and overtraining. It should be sad she is doing all this damaging but her attitude to it makes it not, she is crazy, immature and shows her ignorance, avoiding all these comments.
On another note, she wears that Vegan vest morning and evening run pretty much daily, is she washing between wears or literally wearing the same top none stop. Do you remember when at Uni she said she didn't wear deodorant as she claim she never sweated (Is she a relative of Randy Andy), surely in the heat it must be disgusting.

She said that she only brought one outfit with her?! So strange you'd bring more for 4 months? Unless they left stuff somewhere else.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
She said that she only brought one outfit with her?! So strange you'd bring more for 4 months? Unless they left stuff somewhere else.
They only took one backpack to share and have a bag of hand luggage each. I can’t imagine taking so little especially in such a hot climate like that!

Reactions: 6
I normally love her travel content, but I think I'm tapping out. I can't take any more talk of bowel movements and stupid voices talking about everything.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.