Holly Gabrielle #6 Not Allowed to Eat Upstairs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks for your reply. I am certainly not her mom but a university student who watched many of her videos in the past years.

Your point makes sense. Holly was an awkward existence at Cambridge, and her movements were also somewhat bizarre (source: students studying at Cambridge when Holly was still there.) Academic staff is indeed busy in term times, but they also have their own life. I don't think no one in UCL knows her, given her strong online presence.

However, I would say her present situation is a real disappointment, if not complete misery, given what she had got in Cambridge. She seems never to know what she really wants, and now everything is going backward for her. 2022 will not look great for her at all. Personally thinking, she will continue the decay route and become someone she can't recognize in 2019. Some of her videos already look pretty scary. Things will get even worse if her mental health collapses (many of her classmates progressed well after leaving Cambridge, and not all of them have a first.)
I think she’s always been decaying though surely?

Holly left to go to Cambridge after making empty promises to her parents that she would eat and take care of herself. Instead she focused on academics and exercise and became (or continued to be) obsessed with it. Holly continued her school habits by not becoming very close with anyone around her- even her dance people. She would cry when she left home and would never want to leave to go back to uni. She might have got a first and ranked first but my lord she used work as a distraction from everything else lurking in her mind. (Stuff she’s only barely touching the surface of now around 5 years later).

Bottom line is Holly has ALWAYS been on a downward trajectory. Her Cambridge days were an extension of her school ones, and after she graduated she was hit with some harsh realities. She still doesn’t seemingly want to grow up and live her own life. She’s always stayed within the exact same Holly bubble (which half of the time is just in her own head) and won’t allow herself to grow for an extended period of time. So yah.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
New video features both her neurotic-controlling mom and the antivaxx dude (aka her sister) at the same time. Add a hyper, over-the-top Holly into the mix and you get a headache before you're even one minute into the video. At least that was the effect on me lmao, I've turned it off now

Here's hoping someone else will be able to make it through and give us the highlights xD

Reactions: 9
New video features both her neurotic-controlling mom and the antivaxx dude (aka her sister) at the same time. Add a hyper, over-the-top Holly into the mix and you get a headache before you're even one minute into the video. At least that was the effect on me lmao, I've turned it off now

Here's hoping someone else will be able to make it through and give us the highlights xD
I'm around the same age as Holly and don't really have a lot of friends... But I don't go around parading my mom and sister as the people who know me best in the world.

I thought that out of Jade, Ruby, etc, she'd be the one to thrive. She's not the worst one off simply because of Jade and her scam uni and Ruby and her Peter Pan Syndrome.

Reactions: 9
I'm around the same age as Holly and don't really have a lot of friends... But I don't go around parading my mom and sister as the people who know me best in the world.

I thought that out of Jade, Ruby, etc, she'd be the one to thrive. She's not the worst one off simply because of Jade and her scam uni and Ruby and her Peter Pan Syndrome.
kinda sad that the bar is set this low, isn’t it?

but yes i also thought she would make something out of herself - had she moved out right after graduating, gotten a job and some therapy with the intent to actually work on her stuff, she might have thrived. now some damage has been done and it would probably take way longer to fix it.

wrong thread ik but i also thought this about ruby when she started uni, go out there, make some friends, find yourself a hobby and a therapist - then the rona came and ruby went right back and worse.

jade on the other hand seemed to be really cool and i genuinely liked her while her a levels and her gap year. minerva made my opinion of her go 📉

so they all seem to mess up at some point, the question is does social media cause this spiralling point or does it just attract people who are predestined for this?

Reactions: 10
so they all seem to mess up at some point, the question is does social media cause this spiralling point or does it just attract people who are predestined for this?
I don’t think it’s social media, I think it’s the nature of StudyTubing. As far as I’m aware, they all started out at that pre-GCSE stage (Holly may have been a bit later?) and were the kinds of kids who were academically successful but possibly not that socially competent? They made their name with their ‘how I got good GCSEs/A-Levels’ and ‘watch me apply for uni’ content, some managed to sustain it through university but once you take studying away there’s not a lot more to them, so they’re struggling with what to be once they leave academia.

Jack’s probably doing the best out of all of them in terms of transitioning into work and adulthood, Jade hasn’t graduated yet but you can see her just drifting between non-jobs and becoming even more insufferable. Holly’s retreated into her bedroom with exercise and her ED. Out of the ones I know of, I do kind-of feel most sorry for Ruby as I think if we hadn’t had a pandemic she probably wouldn’t be where she is now, but I suspect that whatever happened in the world she would have really, really struggled with the end of school, because that’s her whole identity.

I don’t think it’s unique at all to struggle with the transition into adulthood and away from school or university, so I don’t think it’s just a StudyTuber thing per se, but I suppose that when you’ve built your brand on a particular kind of success the assumption is that you’re going to continue on that trajectory and the reality is, the StudyTubers are just normal people. Their online success probably makes it harder for them to accept that though.

Reactions: 15
I don’t think it’s social media, I think it’s the nature of StudyTubing. As far as I’m aware, they all started out at that pre-GCSE stage (Holly may have been a bit later?) and were the kinds of kids who were academically successful but possibly not that socially competent? They made their name with their ‘how I got good GCSEs/A-Levels’ and ‘watch me apply for uni’ content, some managed to sustain it through university but once you take studying away there’s not a lot more to them, so they’re struggling with what to be once they leave academia.

Jack’s probably doing the best out of all of them in terms of transitioning into work and adulthood, Jade hasn’t graduated yet but you can see her just drifting between non-jobs and becoming even more insufferable. Holly’s retreated into her bedroom with exercise and her ED. Out of the ones I know of, I do kind-of feel most sorry for Ruby as I think if we hadn’t had a pandemic she probably wouldn’t be where she is now, but I suspect that whatever happened in the world she would have really, really struggled with the end of school, because that’s her whole identity.

I don’t think it’s unique at all to struggle with the transition into adulthood and away from school or university, so I don’t think it’s just a StudyTuber thing per se, but I suppose that when you’ve built your brand on a particular kind of success the assumption is that you’re going to continue on that trajectory and the reality is, the StudyTubers are just normal people. Their online success probably makes it harder for them to accept that though.
I feel like the only studytube person that has been successful at transitioning to adulthood is PaigeY

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I feel like the only studytube person that has been successful at transitioning to adulthood is PaigeY
Definitely, Paige comes across as so normal. I don’t mean that in a bad way but it’s refreshing compared to the car-wrecks that most of the StudyTubers have grown up to be.

Holly has a new video out: Week in my adult life (not sure why she continuously needs to emphasise she's an adult, but anyhoo)

Sunday:
Eats an orange
Does some 'strength' training with what look like 2kg dumbbells. Holly, your rucksacks are heavier than this.
New recipe for the day are baked oats in her air fryer
Yeaaah... says it looks, "So gooood!" in the way vegans say raw kale is so good. It collapsed as it was undercooked inside

Screenshot 2022-02-03 at 14.14.28.png

Video being sponsored by some blood testing company so you can avoid seeing the doctor as sometimes, "It's a bit uncomfortable to talk about certain things." I'm getting Theranos vibes :ROFLMAO:

Has another smoothie with some frozen blueberries on the side. It was so good. Talks about how amazing frozen bananas are. HOLLY, the Freelee era is over and people are waking up to the fact she's a dangerous, deluded charlatan.

Wednesday (did not do a lot of filming on Tuesday)
Talked about waking up late and eating out at Las Iguanas. Again, it was so good.
Talks about getting DOMS after doing split squats with the paperweight dumbbells
Gets sent plant-based milks
Walks dogs and eats a tiny yogurt bowl
Dinner was a 'high protein' pasta bowl: for a first-class biology degree, she overlooks protein content in certain foods, and their bioavailability in the body. Anyway.

Thursday
Vitamin levels are back, only had B12, folate and Vitamin D checked - all normal apart from Vitamin D. A lot of it sounds like a cope re: her diet.
Hair is looking good curly
Makes a meal with grated tofu, which is very triggering for me if you watch Jack Monroe videos.

Friday
Reminisces that yesterday's tofu was so good.
Did some running

Saturday
Tutoring
Makes ice cream with frozen bananas and that blue spirulina powder which was a 2020 Christmas gift from her family. I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but it was so good.
At this stage, I lost the will to continue with more of the same

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I used to think she had abs from working out. But I'm starting to realize it's probably just her dance background and how little she eats.

Reactions: 19
Holly is the product of a middle class, high achieving family. The fact that her sister has also had an eating disorder says a lot. Food is the one thing that they can control because of the pressure of expectation. She is obsessed with productivity. She has replaced anorexia with orthorexia. She basically lives on fruit and oats.

I don't know what her parents do for a living, but they are clearly wealthy because they have a huge house. She seems to be trying to work out what she wants and who she wants to be, but is still under her parents influence perhaps.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I find Holly's videos really sad, especially when she films in the kitchen, it is so bare, nothing that makes it homely or 'there own' just bare worktops & cupbaords...so orderly and sterile. Holly's behaviour make some sense when you see her house & her dogs aren't allowed through the house, just in their own room
It goes from the sublime to the ridiculous between Ruby's messy house & Holly's sterile nothingness.

I'm in the middle of watching her Australia vlogs for the first time and I've just seen the one where she's talking about potentially moving to Australia. She seems so excited and full of life; what happened Holly? She had the world at her feet, and now her world is just her bedroom. It's so sad.

Reactions: 10
I'm in the middle of watching her Australia vlogs for the first time and I've just seen the one where she's talking about potentially moving to Australia. She seems so excited and full of life; what happened Holly? She had the world at her feet, and now her world is just her bedroom. It's so sad.
I think if covid hadn't happened, she would have really stepped out of her comfort zone. She was hindered by covid keeping at home for longer and therefore causing her to regress.

Reactions: 18
I really hope she’ll take the plunge and get back out to Australia. Do a working holiday. Figure out who she is outside of academia and her oppressive family home.

Reactions: 7
I don't like her new editing style, I hadn't watched her videos in a few months and only watched this one because it wasn't too long.

She has fruit, 'breakfast', a tiny snack and dinner. No mention or visual of lunch.

But it looks like she ate dinner upstairs so our thread title is a lie now :(

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Holly has a new video out: Week in my adult life (not sure why she continuously needs to emphasise she's an adult, but anyhoo)

Sunday:
Eats an orange
Does some 'strength' training with what look like 2kg dumbbells. Holly, your rucksacks are heavier than this.
New recipe for the day are baked oats in her air fryer
Yeaaah... says it looks, "So gooood!" in the way vegans say raw kale is so good. It collapsed as it was undercooked inside

View attachment 1037114

Video being sponsored by some blood testing company so you can avoid seeing the doctor as sometimes, "It's a bit uncomfortable to talk about certain things." I'm getting Theranos vibes :ROFLMAO:

Has another smoothie with some frozen blueberries on the side. It was so good. Talks about how amazing frozen bananas are. HOLLY, the Freelee era is over and people are waking up to the fact she's a dangerous, deluded charlatan.

Wednesday (did not do a lot of filming on Tuesday)
Talked about waking up late and eating out at Las Iguanas. Again, it was so good.
Talks about getting DOMS after doing split squats with the paperweight dumbbells
Gets sent plant-based milks
Walks dogs and eats a tiny yogurt bowl
Dinner was a 'high protein' pasta bowl: for a first-class biology degree, she overlooks protein content in certain foods, and their bioavailability in the body. Anyway.

Thursday
Vitamin levels are back, only had B12, folate and Vitamin D checked - all normal apart from Vitamin D. A lot of it sounds like a cope re: her diet.
Hair is looking good curly
Makes a meal with grated tofu, which is very triggering for me if you watch Jack Monroe videos.

Friday
Reminisces that yesterday's tofu was so good.
Did some running

Saturday
Tutoring
Makes ice cream with frozen bananas and that blue spirulina powder which was a 2020 Christmas gift from her family. I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but it was so good.
At this stage, I lost the will to continue with more of the same
Thanks for the summary! Tfw the title of the video claims that Holly has achieved "Food Freedom" but then the foods she eats are mostly like... smoothies and blended frozen bananas and all the same stuff she has always been eating. :/

Reactions: 11
Who on earth is going to be paying for her uni notes please.

Also I would love to know how general the notes actually are, are they based off the lectures she received? In which case are they just the rehashed work of her lecturers? When I was at uni I has a lecturer who refused to record his lectures (lol, wonder how covid impacted that) incase they were shared online to people who didn't go to my uni. Wonder if any of Holly's former lecturers feel the same

Reactions: 14
If it is a subject I struggle with, I would consider buying it, but she states in the FAQ “Both printing and copying and pasting are not enabled.” ??
I buy notes but I’m not even allowed to print it out to color code and annotate it? I can’t study by just reading from a computer screen, and that’s not efficient, she should know that too. And not everyone has a tablet.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.