Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
hello, Cambridge science student here who went to Holly’s talk the other day (it was free lol). People with personalities like Holly are really really common on my degree. In fact I’m actually really impressed with how Holly managed to do so much dance/extracurriculars and still rank first - many people here barely leave their rooms. Holly in her uni years was actually inspiring to me because she challenged herself and managed her time well and didn’t just hole herself up in her room. It’s just disappointing how much she’s regressed

Reactions: 40

blmrqslm

Being someone who has known Holly since her Cambridge years, it is quite a tragedy for me to see how she has changed from graduation back in 2019. If you have seen videos both in her undergraduate era and recent times, I am sure you can understand what I mean.

She was a great person, no doubt. She did exceptionally well in her GCSE and A-LEVEL, successfully survived at Cambridge, not with saying ranked 1st in her second year and third year. She is super clever and maintained many good habits there, and that's the core reason why she could enjoy a super-strong body to support her extracurricular such as dance competitions and also maintain academic performance.

In my mind, the problem first occurs when her YouTube channel grows. Initially, she only vlogs herself for solely recording her life. But the view counts, subscription number, as well as financial income could create false happiness for her brain. As a result, she spends more and more time vlog itself, and you can see she has more videos in her second year compared with first, also third compared with the second.

However, most people won't know what is happening but still come because of her Cambridge glory. She may never understand there's a whole industry behind how to develop an online presence. She may be just too naive and even spend so much time just reading comments. Since then, she has made a series of wrong decisions. Many of them are minor, such as not going on the fourth year at Cambridge.

The first big mistake that happened was she decided to leave an entire year empty, turning down the teaching job she had applied and secured, and spend over three months just traveling in Australia. You might oppose me and say long-term travel is good, but the reality is it will significantly decay a person's brainpower. Could you remember the tiredness on the first day back from the new year's vacation?

Since then, things have derailed relatively quickly. Although she could secure a master's degree at UCL, it's because of her Cambridge merit. I am pretty sure the decision dean has watched her last-minute choice in the vlogs and gave her this chance. But things have changed. In her Cambridge years, she could quickly fill many massive folders and have a box of study materials. It will not happen again.

Yes, she did not even fill half of a folder during her entire master's year at home. She began to become addicted to useless content online such as TikTok. Good habit has run away from her one by one. One of the most significant is often refusing to sleep after midnight, sometimes 2 am or so. Maybe she has forgotten that she had constantly slept at 10:00 pm and got up at 6:00 am when living at Cambridge?

I am pretty sure most of her followers have noticed these negative changes. Statistics also prove this. Her YouTube channel has barely gotten any new subscriptions in the last half-year or so. However, she still believes in her seemingly ever-lasting influence and tries to be self-employed after finishing her master's. It might work for now. But can she see herself vlogging in her 30s?

Near the middle 20s, she has two first-class degrees from two of the most prestigious universities in the UK, struggling to gain financial independence yet still believing a tiny biology channel worth more than a Ph.D. I would not be surprised if Cambridge university stopped featuring her on its official YouTube channel or the fast decrease of her future video view numbers. Nothing valuable has been left.

Many factors contributed to her decay, quite sadly. Her controversial family environment, indecisiveness, and naive thoughts about many aspects of her life have successfully derailed everything. Or maybe we are all wrong. What if these are all she wanted? If she did not work hard and find her way into Cambridge and UCL, maybe these threads would not exist at all. My real thoughts, folks.

The last bit of advice is that we should not judge a person's trajectory. Life is not linear. Some people may become better or worse at any stage of their life. But my honest thought is that Holly should never become an example to young students, especially those at Oxbridge or so. She seems to know too little in too many aspects, and mindlessly following her actions would not be good for anyone.

I really want to do something to pull her back. But in the past one month or so, I realized she has officially over. Viewing her recent birthday vlog almost gave me a heart attack. Where has that healthy, energetic, motivated, hard-working Cambridge Holly gone? I have no answer. When I saw her present situation, trying her best to hide her inside emptiness and struggling to create "positive," I just wanted to cry.
Is this her mom talking? 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35

xoxoxo13

VIP Member
And she's banging on about it AGAIN, wtf Holly

View attachment 1217310
Why is she so obsessed with this!

Edit: Forced myself to read the rest of it and damn, she's really throwing some shade at her brother huh. Poor Matthew can't even sleep in a bit or go out drinking or take things more slowly on his holiday without getting (publicly) shamed for it by his oh-so-organized sister. I guess this is Holly taking a leaf out of her parents' book with the toxic over-the-top criticism huh. Also if she ate a balanced nutritious diet as she claims, then maybe she wouldn't be so hangry all the time...
View attachment 1217335
Is she so stupid and sheltered that she really thinks that's the first time her brother's gotten drunk? I wish she got drunk and just ate massive kebabs or falafels and fries for once.

• Haha
Reactions: 34

teflonpanda

Chatty Member
Holly, in her comment on her new video: "i would say i do a lot more than the average person in terms of trying to save the planet", "i am not 'promoting' cruises in this video at all"
The video title: COME ON A CRUISE SHIP WITH US!

Uhm, Holly... hate to break it to you, but if you accept a cruise ship company's offer of a free cruise on the condition that you vlog the experience in order to promote "the launch event for their new ship, Valiant Lady" (as you so helpfully wrote in the info box), then you are. promoting. a cruise!

Ffs, how hyprocritical can you be? And how stupid do you think your followers are if you really expect them to believe you that you are some planet-saving eco-warrior?? I just can't stand her anymore tbh.

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Angry

sheleg

VIP Member
It’s ironic that Vegan Mutti controls her children like a prison guard but can’t manage to train those dogs.

• Haha
  • Heart

ECH

VIP Member
I think that's actually a decent apology from her which feels like progress considering how she normally deals with criticism

Reactions: 33

teflonpanda

Chatty Member
Personally, if I had to rank them all on a scale from least to most dysfunctional/deranged, it would go like this:

9) Mika the cat (the most sane member of this household by far)
8) Matthew (he's just a dude man... just let him have fun on his damn holiday, Holly)
7) the less visibly disturbed/hyperactive of their two dogs (Bali?? idk I can never remember their stupid names)
6) Emily's Vegan Boyfriend (idk, he seemed nice but then again he's into antivaxx Emily so who knows really)
5) the more visibly disturbed/hyperactive of their two dogs
4) Holly actually
3) Esoteric Emily
2) Holly's mom (obsessive-compulsive, controlling, toxic)
1) Holly's dad (same as with mom pretty much, except he seems even more vicious?? idk he just scares me tbh)

I wish tattle had some sort of voting function, that would be fun xD

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33

JayJee

I cannot comprehend why she insists on exercising while on vacation. It's not like she spends the day sitting at a desk, she's walking in the heat, carrying heavy backpacks... Is that not enough physical activity for a day?

Reactions: 32

xoxoxo13

VIP Member
I commented on her IG post explaining why it's hypocritical and she deleted my comments and blocked me. She sure is great at taking constructive criticism.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30

macrofriendly

VIP Member
I know the hot topic on this thread is Holly's strange family dynamic so nothing new really to add here, but just finished watching her recent vlog because tbh I don't mind them, and the fact that she includes a clip at the end of her Dad where he literally says 'I don't want to be in it darling', actually made me lose some respect for Holly.
At first when I saw her Dad's general attitude and negativity in this video and others I was like wow he must be hard to live with, but in retrospect I think it's genuinely because he doesn't want to be on camera.

Holly having to be so secretive about spilling her smoothie as well was just upsetting. I know if I spilt a drink, first thing I would do is let my Mum know and she'd probably come and help me clean it up! Whereas if Holly told her Mum we all know she'd be shamed for weeks.

• Sad
Reactions: 30

3calico3

VIP Member
Ger job is selling her old Cambridge notes and copyrighting them as her own, and promoting worthless stuff nobody needs on YouTube while living in mom and dad's 'attic'
So no job then.

I volunteer on a UK student forum, and we always advise against buying study notes from graduates as every university has different modules and different content covered. Notes are also really subjective in terms of how they work for you, so someone else's notes are likely to be pretty useless if that's not how you learn. The process of making your own notes is part of the learning in most cases. Not to mention the copyright/plagiarism/intellectual property issues. Kind of gives off essay mill energy.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

pbjellie

Being someone who has known Holly since her Cambridge years, it is quite a tragedy for me to see how she has changed from graduation back in 2019. If you have seen videos both in her undergraduate era and recent times, I am sure you can understand what I mean.

She was a great person, no doubt. She did exceptionally well in her GCSE and A-LEVEL, successfully survived at Cambridge, not with saying ranked 1st in her second year and third year. She is super clever and maintained many good habits there, and that's the core reason why she could enjoy a super-strong body to support her extracurricular such as dance competitions and also maintain academic performance.

In my mind, the problem first occurs when her YouTube channel grows. Initially, she only vlogs herself for solely recording her life. But the view counts, subscription number, as well as financial income could create false happiness for her brain. As a result, she spends more and more time vlog itself, and you can see she has more videos in her second year compared with first, also third compared with the second.

However, most people won't know what is happening but still come because of her Cambridge glory. She may never understand there's a whole industry behind how to develop an online presence. She may be just too naive and even spend so much time just reading comments. Since then, she has made a series of wrong decisions. Many of them are minor, such as not going on the fourth year at Cambridge.

The first big mistake that happened was she decided to leave an entire year empty, turning down the teaching job she had applied and secured, and spend over three months just traveling in Australia. You might oppose me and say long-term travel is good, but the reality is it will significantly decay a person's brainpower. Could you remember the tiredness on the first day back from the new year's vacation?

Since then, things have derailed relatively quickly. Although she could secure a master's degree at UCL, it's because of her Cambridge merit. I am pretty sure the decision dean has watched her last-minute choice in the vlogs and gave her this chance. But things have changed. In her Cambridge years, she could quickly fill many massive folders and have a box of study materials. It will not happen again.

Yes, she did not even fill half of a folder during her entire master's year at home. She began to become addicted to useless content online such as TikTok. Good habit has run away from her one by one. One of the most significant is often refusing to sleep after midnight, sometimes 2 am or so. Maybe she has forgotten that she had constantly slept at 10:00 pm and got up at 6:00 am when living at Cambridge?

I am pretty sure most of her followers have noticed these negative changes. Statistics also prove this. Her YouTube channel has barely gotten any new subscriptions in the last half-year or so. However, she still believes in her seemingly ever-lasting influence and tries to be self-employed after finishing her master's. It might work for now. But can she see herself vlogging in her 30s?

Near the middle 20s, she has two first-class degrees from two of the most prestigious universities in the UK, struggling to gain financial independence yet still believing a tiny biology channel worth more than a Ph.D. I would not be surprised if Cambridge university stopped featuring her on its official YouTube channel or the fast decrease of her future video view numbers. Nothing valuable has been left.

Many factors contributed to her decay, quite sadly. Her controversial family environment, indecisiveness, and naive thoughts about many aspects of her life have successfully derailed everything. Or maybe we are all wrong. What if these are all she wanted? If she did not work hard and find her way into Cambridge and UCL, maybe these threads would not exist at all. My real thoughts, folks.

The last bit of advice is that we should not judge a person's trajectory. Life is not linear. Some people may become better or worse at any stage of their life. But my honest thought is that Holly should never become an example to young students, especially those at Oxbridge or so. She seems to know too little in too many aspects, and mindlessly following her actions would not be good for anyone.

I really want to do something to pull her back. But in the past one month or so, I realized she has officially over. Viewing her recent birthday vlog almost gave me a heart attack. Where has that healthy, energetic, motivated, hard-working Cambridge Holly gone? I have no answer. When I saw her present situation, trying her best to hide her inside emptiness and struggling to create "positive," I just wanted to cry.
lol what is this post

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

teflonpanda

Chatty Member
Quick summary of Holly's new video:
  • Her whole body is sore and aching cause she went to the gym the day before, i.e. she went to the gym right after coming back from her holiday (where she was also constantly exercising)
  • The first thing she does after getting up is going to the gym.
  • She has a smoothie bowl for breakfast. Says she is "super obsessed with smoothie bowls" cause "Thailand inspired her" to become obsessed with smoothie bowls (makes a lot of sense, I've never seen her make a smoothie bowl ever before, oh wow what a great new habit /s
  • Holly "really misses the mango and the fruit" she ate in Thailand. She loves fruit.
  • Thailand inspired her to sign up for a new gym because she enjoyed going to the gym in Thailand (wtf). She wants to include swimming in her exercise routine.
  • She forgot to bring underwear so she had to go commando after the swimming session. (yeah I did not want to know this wtf)
  • After her swimming workout, she does a workout with weights ("these are heavier weights than the ones I used before at home!"), followed by a workout using the machines ("it's really painful"). She is "so excited" for this "new chapter" where she'll be going to the gym regularly.
  • Holly has a protein shake while walking home from the gym, then later has some raw vegetables and avocado wrapped in rice paper.
  • She does some tutoring, then has rice with soy chunks for dinner.
  • There will be lots of gym content in her next vlogs and she'll film gym routines.
So yeah guys, loads of new stuff. Loads and loads. This is a completely new Holly. And totally completely 100% recovered, clearly. :rolleyes:

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 28

teflonpanda

Chatty Member
And she's banging on about it AGAIN, wtf Holly

Bildschirmfoto 2022-04-24 um 12.52.33.png

Why is she so obsessed with this!

Edit: Forced myself to read the rest of it and damn, she's really throwing some shade at her brother huh. Poor Matthew can't even sleep in a bit or go out drinking or take things more slowly on his holiday without getting (publicly) shamed for it by his oh-so-organized sister. I guess this is Holly taking a leaf out of her parents' book with the toxic over-the-top criticism huh. Also if she ate a balanced nutritious diet as she claims, then maybe she wouldn't be so hangry all the time...
Bildschirmfoto 2022-04-24 um 12.54.32.png

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Wow

space.cat

Why do I get the feeling this whole month is gonna be all about her eating her fruit and rice and going oMg So GOOd 🤪. She really has no personality outside of pretending to not have an eating disorder.

teflonpanda

Chatty Member
Yeah and also the absurd amounts of imported tropical fruit that she eats on the daily - all those mangos, persimmons, bananas, avocados, etc etc don't just materialize in the supermarket, they have to be flown there from all over the world, causing CO2 emissions. I don't think Holly has ever once mentioned this.

Now, I also eat mangos from time to time and I'm in no way claiming that I'm better at this than Holly. But the thing is, I don't have an online brand where I claim to be super environmentally conscious. It's a bit of a mismatch that she claims to be vegan for the environment and then doesn't consider the environment at all when it comes to the rest of her food choices, imho.

• Heart
Reactions: 27