Holly Gabrielle #6 Not Allowed to Eat Upstairs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does Cambridge know something I don't? Because the way I see it she's still living in a bubble? What life advice could she possibly have to give? Who approved this? Worse, who suggested it?
apart from doing a masters, I can’t see what she’s achieved since doing her undergrad degree that’s worth sharing with any current students?

Reactions: 21
apart from doing a masters, I can’t see what she’s achieved since doing her undergrad degree that’s worth sharing with any current students?
Well don't forget that she WENT TRAVELLING TO AUSTRALIA, started a SUCESSFUL TUTORING BUSINESS and RAN THE LONDON MARATHON.

I'd bet those were all big talking points in her lecture, in all caps and all that.

I wonder if someone in the audience asked if she'll do a PhD/if she'll be getting a real job. Or what her living arrangements are xD

Honestly if Holly's lifestyle counts as inspirational for them, then I feel a bit sad for those poor young Cambridge science students in their "bubble".

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Having the Cambridge seal of approval is really going to damage any Holly-type hermit nerds who were looking for the external validation to encourage them to stick to their unhealthy life styles and stop feeling bad about being dysfunctional. Holly's public refusal of therapy is just the icing on the cake.

Reactions: 9
hello, Cambridge science student here who went to Holly’s talk the other day (it was free lol). People with personalities like Holly are really really common on my degree. In fact I’m actually really impressed with how Holly managed to do so much dance/extracurriculars and still rank first - many people here barely leave their rooms. Holly in her uni years was actually inspiring to me because she challenged herself and managed her time well and didn’t just hole herself up in her room. It’s just disappointing how much she’s regressed

Reactions: 40
hello, Cambridge science student here who went to Holly’s talk the other day (it was free lol). People with personalities like Holly are really really common on my degree. In fact I’m actually really impressed with how Holly managed to do so much dance/extracurriculars and still rank first - many people here barely leave their rooms. Holly in her uni years was actually inspiring to me because she challenged herself and managed her time well and didn’t just hole herself up in her room. It’s just disappointing how much she’s regressed
ooo spill some tea!! What was she like in person?? What even was her talk about lol

Reactions: 6
Just wanted to say something about the persimmon to 'balance out hormones' thing.
I think what Holly is alluding to is the fact that for women (particularly with a history of EDs/restrictive eating and hypothalamic amenorrhea) it can be quite damaging to do intermittent fasting as it can contribute to hormonal imbalance and an irregular or absent menstrual cycle. I'm not sure a single persimmon will balance your hormones though haha, it's just about not going for long periods without eating (as advocated by intermittent fasters, unfortunately), not training fasted and getting an adequate intake of carbs (all things which Holly has historically struggled with)

Reactions: 7
ooo spill some tea!! What was she like in person?? What even was her talk about lol
You can actually watch the talk here -

Honestly she didn’t say anything I didn’t know already. I noticed she’s shorter than I imagined her being, I didn’t really stop and talk to her but quite a few people did and she seemed quite nice. I think a lot of people came for the study tips not because they’re interested in her life lmao

Reactions: 9
You can actually watch the talk here -

Honestly she didn’t say anything I didn’t know already. I noticed she’s shorter than I imagined her being, I didn’t really stop and talk to her but quite a few people did and she seemed quite nice. I think a lot of people came for the study tips not because they’re interested in her life lmao
Biggest pet peeve after watching the first 5 minutes is how much this girl says ‘like’ as a filler for practically every 4 words. I feel like I’m ‘real life’ Holly would be far more shy and reserved than how she plasters herself all over the internet lol

I’m not sure if shy is the right word to describe Holly but she never seemed very sure of herself. Maybe because she’s living in that house where her every move is criticised. And all in all the talk just felt like I was watching one of her videos where she’s ranting on to the camera about the same things she always talks about

Being someone who has known Holly since her Cambridge years, it is quite a tragedy for me to see how she has changed from graduation back in 2019. If you have seen videos both in her undergraduate era and recent times, I am sure you can understand what I mean.

She was a great person, no doubt. She did exceptionally well in her GCSE and A-LEVEL, successfully survived at Cambridge, not with saying ranked 1st in her second year and third year. She is super clever and maintained many good habits there, and that's the core reason why she could enjoy a super-strong body to support her extracurricular such as dance competitions and also maintain academic performance.

In my mind, the problem first occurs when her YouTube channel grows. Initially, she only vlogs herself for solely recording her life. But the view counts, subscription number, as well as financial income could create false happiness for her brain. As a result, she spends more and more time vlog itself, and you can see she has more videos in her second year compared with first, also third compared with the second.

However, most people won't know what is happening but still come because of her Cambridge glory. She may never understand there's a whole industry behind how to develop an online presence. She may be just too naive and even spend so much time just reading comments. Since then, she has made a series of wrong decisions. Many of them are minor, such as not going on the fourth year at Cambridge.

The first big mistake that happened was she decided to leave an entire year empty, turning down the teaching job she had applied and secured, and spend over three months just traveling in Australia. You might oppose me and say long-term travel is good, but the reality is it will significantly decay a person's brainpower. Could you remember the tiredness on the first day back from the new year's vacation?

Since then, things have derailed relatively quickly. Although she could secure a master's degree at UCL, it's because of her Cambridge merit. I am pretty sure the decision dean has watched her last-minute choice in the vlogs and gave her this chance. But things have changed. In her Cambridge years, she could quickly fill many massive folders and have a box of study materials. It will not happen again.

Yes, she did not even fill half of a folder during her entire master's year at home. She began to become addicted to useless content online such as TikTok. Good habit has run away from her one by one. One of the most significant is often refusing to sleep after midnight, sometimes 2 am or so. Maybe she has forgotten that she had constantly slept at 10:00 pm and got up at 6:00 am when living at Cambridge?

I am pretty sure most of her followers have noticed these negative changes. Statistics also prove this. Her YouTube channel has barely gotten any new subscriptions in the last half-year or so. However, she still believes in her seemingly ever-lasting influence and tries to be self-employed after finishing her master's. It might work for now. But can she see herself vlogging in her 30s?

Near the middle 20s, she has two first-class degrees from two of the most prestigious universities in the UK, struggling to gain financial independence yet still believing a tiny biology channel worth more than a Ph.D. I would not be surprised if Cambridge university stopped featuring her on its official YouTube channel or the fast decrease of her future video view numbers. Nothing valuable has been left.

Many factors contributed to her decay, quite sadly. Her controversial family environment, indecisiveness, and naive thoughts about many aspects of her life have successfully derailed everything. Or maybe we are all wrong. What if these are all she wanted? If she did not work hard and find her way into Cambridge and UCL, maybe these threads would not exist at all. My real thoughts, folks.

The last bit of advice is that we should not judge a person's trajectory. Life is not linear. Some people may become better or worse at any stage of their life. But my honest thought is that Holly should never become an example to young students, especially those at Oxbridge or so. She seems to know too little in too many aspects, and mindlessly following her actions would not be good for anyone.

I really want to do something to pull her back. But in the past one month or so, I realized she has officially over. Viewing her recent birthday vlog almost gave me a heart attack. Where has that healthy, energetic, motivated, hard-working Cambridge Holly gone? I have no answer. When I saw her present situation, trying her best to hide her inside emptiness and struggling to create "positive," I just wanted to cry.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Being someone who has known Holly since her Cambridge years, it is quite a tragedy for me to see how she has changed from graduation back in 2019. If you have seen videos both in her undergraduate era and recent times, I am sure you can understand what I mean.

She was a great person, no doubt. She did exceptionally well in her GCSE and A-LEVEL, successfully survived at Cambridge, not with saying ranked 1st in her second year and third year. She is super clever and maintained many good habits there, and that's the core reason why she could enjoy a super-strong body to support her extracurricular such as dance competitions and also maintain academic performance.

In my mind, the problem first occurs when her YouTube channel grows. Initially, she only vlogs herself for solely recording her life. But the view counts, subscription number, as well as financial income could create false happiness for her brain. As a result, she spends more and more time vlog itself, and you can see she has more videos in her second year compared with first, also third compared with the second.

However, most people won't know what is happening but still come because of her Cambridge glory. She may never understand there's a whole industry behind how to develop an online presence. She may be just too naive and even spend so much time just reading comments. Since then, she has made a series of wrong decisions. Many of them are minor, such as not going on the fourth year at Cambridge.

The first big mistake that happened was she decided to leave an entire year empty, turning down the teaching job she had applied and secured, and spend over three months just traveling in Australia. You might oppose me and say long-term travel is good, but the reality is it will significantly decay a person's brainpower. Could you remember the tiredness on the first day back from the new year's vacation?

Since then, things have derailed relatively quickly. Although she could secure a master's degree at UCL, it's because of her Cambridge merit. I am pretty sure the decision dean has watched her last-minute choice in the vlogs and gave her this chance. But things have changed. In her Cambridge years, she could quickly fill many massive folders and have a box of study materials. It will not happen again.

Yes, she did not even fill half of a folder during her entire master's year at home. She began to become addicted to useless content online such as TikTok. Good habit has run away from her one by one. One of the most significant is often refusing to sleep after midnight, sometimes 2 am or so. Maybe she has forgotten that she had constantly slept at 10:00 pm and got up at 6:00 am when living at Cambridge?

I am pretty sure most of her followers have noticed these negative changes. Statistics also prove this. Her YouTube channel has barely gotten any new subscriptions in the last half-year or so. However, she still believes in her seemingly ever-lasting influence and tries to be self-employed after finishing her master's. It might work for now. But can she see herself vlogging in her 30s?

Near the middle 20s, she has two first-class degrees from two of the most prestigious universities in the UK, struggling to gain financial independence yet still believing a tiny biology channel worth more than a Ph.D. I would not be surprised if Cambridge university stopped featuring her on its official YouTube channel or the fast decrease of her future video view numbers. Nothing valuable has been left.

Many factors contributed to her decay, quite sadly. Her controversial family environment, indecisiveness, and naive thoughts about many aspects of her life have successfully derailed everything. Or maybe we are all wrong. What if these are all she wanted? If she did not work hard and find her way into Cambridge and UCL, maybe these threads would not exist at all. My real thoughts, folks.

The last bit of advice is that we should not judge a person's trajectory. Life is not linear. Some people may become better or worse at any stage of their life. But my honest thought is that Holly should never become an example to young students, especially those at Oxbridge or so. She seems to know too little in too many aspects, and mindlessly following her actions would not be good for anyone.

I really want to do something to pull her back. But in the past one month or so, I realized she has officially over. Viewing her recent birthday vlog almost gave me a heart attack. Where has that healthy, energetic, motivated, hard-working Cambridge Holly gone? I have no answer. When I saw her present situation, trying her best to hide her inside emptiness and struggling to create "positive," I just wanted to cry.
Is this her mom talking? 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35

lol what is this post

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Holly is not a "great person". Even at Cambridge, her channel was effectively a thinspo one. It has been pointed out to her many times but she doesn't care about the effect on her viewers.

Reactions: 18
I guarantee the “decisions Dean” aka the admissions tutor will not have watched a single second of her YouTube. They simply don’t have the time. In UK universities the tutors who make admissions decisions are also lecturing and carrying out pastoral duties with existing students.

source: worked in university admissions.

Reactions: 25
Biggest pet peeve after watching the first 5 minutes is how much this girl says ‘like’ as a filler for practically every 4 words. I feel like I’m ‘real life’ Holly would be far more shy and reserved than how she plasters herself all over the internet lol
And that is exactly the reason why people prepare what they have to say if they don't speak publicly on a routine basis. Why to boast about not preparing and sounding like a confused teenager on a platform. She has all the time in her hands. Don't see why she couldn't write up something for herself to fill all the gaps in her speech.

Reactions: 3
And that is exactly the reason why people prepare what they have to say if they don't speak publicly on a routine basis. Why to boast about not preparing and sounding like a confused teenager on a platform. She has all the time in her hands. Don't see why she couldn't write up something for herself to fill all the gaps in her speech.
I thought she was more prepared/anxious/Type A than this, tbh

Reactions: 4
Thanks for your reply. I am certainly not her mom but a university student who watched many of her videos in the past years.

Your point makes sense. Holly was an awkward existence at Cambridge, and her movements were also somewhat bizarre (source: students studying at Cambridge when Holly was still there.) Academic staff is indeed busy in term times, but they also have their own life. I don't think no one in UCL knows her, given her strong online presence.

However, I would say her present situation is a real disappointment, if not complete misery, given what she had got in Cambridge. She seems never to know what she really wants, and now everything is going backward for her. 2022 will not look great for her at all. Personally thinking, she will continue the decay route and become someone she can't recognize in 2019. Some of her videos already look pretty scary. Things will get even worse if her mental health collapses (many of her classmates progressed well after leaving Cambridge, and not all of them have a first.)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.