Holly Gabrielle #5 Still lives like a nun, doesn't allow herself any fun

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They literally remodeled her childhood bedroom while she was away in Australia as a surprise gift to her. I very much doubt her independence was ever a part of their plan.
does her sister have a job other than youtube?

Im unsure where she currently works but Emily used to work at the Apple Store, before that she worked at Hollister in Bluewater, hardly the stereotypical graduate career of incredibly intelligent well educated Oxbridge grad.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I don’t watch Holly often but did watch the London marathon vid… I was disgusted that she even started the race tbh; and moaning all the way around that her Achilles hurt - yes that’s because you’re injured and should not be running! Very frustrating to watch.

I thought I could add context to this recent wave of Cricut advertising a little more as I have a Cricut myself!

Cricuts are a cutting machine that have been around since the early 00s; you used to get ones that took cartridges. It’s now a computer based software program that you use to design anything you want to cut out of vinyl, leather, sticker paper, felt, whatever. In the last few years the quality of the software and support for it has been shocking, so much so that many people who were solid Cricut fans have sold their machines and swapped over to the (superior) Cameo Silhouette machines. The complaints about Cricut from existing users are valid - the design software is an arse to use, the machine often decides at random that it won’t perform the cut as you’ve asked it to (even if it cuts perfectly on one piece of paper 20 seconds before hand), the machine is very slow and loud compared to its competitors and it’s expensive too. And rather than addressing the complaints, the company is pushing money into new accessories and products to entice new customers in, resulting in a loss of their previously loyal fanbase. Which is why a lot of YouTubers - seemingly random ones - are getting sent it as PR.
Thanks, I'll save my money 👍

Reactions: 1
I've watched the video and if you look at the clip of Holly eating the "cake" (no sugar and no flour ofc) half of the clips are her dipping the fork into the batter and licking it but not taking bites and then she cuts it so that all her bites are shown but you can clearly understand there was some more fork licking in between each bite.....please stop saying you're healed when you're not

• Sad
Reactions: 14
I've watched the video and if you look at the clip of Holly eating the "cake" (no sugar and no flour ofc) half of the clips are her dipping the fork into the batter and licking it but not taking bites and then she cuts it so that all her bites are shown but you can clearly understand there was some more fork licking in between each bite.....please stop saying you're healed when you're not
is this her latest video?

Reactions: 2
How do you make a cake with no sugar or flour??? Is she just eating (flaxseed) eggs?

Reactions: 7
sugar free syrup and coconut "flour"
Yeah and Emily even remarked that it was 'powdery' because of the coconut flour lol. Though at least Emily tried to say sth nice to Holly after her mom had declared that she would give Holly's cake a "7.5 out of 10" because there was much to be improved upon. Because clearly that's a nice and perfectly normal thing to say to your daughter who made you a surprise chocolate cake for your birthday and is asking if you like it 🤦‍♀️

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Yeah and Emily even remarked that it was 'powdery' because of the coconut flour lol. Though at least Emily tried to say sth nice to Holly after her mom had declared that she would give Holly's cake a "7.5 out of 10" because there was much to be improved upon. Because clearly that's a nice and perfectly normal thing to say to your daughter who made you a surprise chocolate cake for your birthday and is asking if you like it 🤦‍♀️
Yes, if Holly was using this video as an example of family harmony, it wasn't a good one. Scoring a birthday cake out of 10 that your daughter made for you as a surprise is a crappy thing to do, as well as colluding with the other daughter (comments on the texture) when both of them have a history of ED. This is why family therapy is an important step in recovery - it's to help them address harmful dynamics they may be unaware of.

Reactions: 21
I'm not a fan of Holly and her ilk at all, but I just wanted to point out that her generation (I'm almost a decade older) are infantilised by society. I mean, my generation too. We're reaching ages that used to be marked by certain milestones that are no longer realistic for us- 'most people that age' is a massive overgeneralisation. We're in more debt and finding it harder to access the types of career and property ownership etc that our parents could choose from at the same age they did, which is why so many people in their 20's and early 30's are finding it so hard to adjust. The life we were told awaited us as 'adults' is a lie.
I’m sorry but I’ve gotta disagree, I’m only a couple years older than her so I’m from the same generation and a lot of it is down to the choices they make, especially for people like Holly. She’s got a degree and masters from 2 top universities, runs her tutoring business and YouTube channel and has the means and ability to rent or buy a house. It’s her choice to stay living in a gilded cage at home not getting independence, making strange statements about being an adult, and visibly annoying her parents.

Reactions: 19
Have people actually asked for her dad's morning routine?? WTF. "Get up. Be an arse to my kids. Eat breakfast in my weird empty kitchen. Be more of an arse."

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Have people actually asked for her dad's morning routine?? WTF. "Get up. Be an arse to my kids. Eat breakfast in my weird empty kitchen. Be more of an arse."
also, are morning routines a thing for most 'regular adults'? I brush my teeth, comb my hair and do my skincare because I need to. I make my bed because I like coming home to a tidy bed, but that's hardly a routine? let alone something interesting for a video?

Reactions: 16
Saw on Tiktok that Holly made and ate cookie dough, briefly got excited, only to find out that the ""cookie dough"" consisted of blended chickpeas, oats, and peanut butter. Aka the same foods Holly always eats, just. Blended.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
I’m sorry but I’ve gotta disagree, I’m only a couple years older than her so I’m from the same generation and a lot of it is down to the choices they make, especially for people like Holly. She’s got a degree and masters from 2 top universities, runs her tutoring business and YouTube channel and has the means and ability to rent or buy a house. It’s her choice to stay living in a gilded cage at home not getting independence, making strange statements about being an adult, and visibly annoying her parents.
Oh yeah, Holly is a different case; I was just stating that many of that age range (myself included) do not have the silver spoon she has.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.