Holly Gabrielle #4 Any excuse to take her shirt off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Holly we already know you hate the surface tablet, you keep it β€œhibernating” in your wardrobe, remember? πŸ‘‹ No need to pretend you’re using it!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Has anyone seen, she's selling her gross used sports clothes on Depop 🀒 I'm all for second hand and sustainability but draw the line at lycra sweat-absorbent shorts lmao

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
On her Depop I think the fact that 24” waist jeans look baggy on her speaks volumes.

what 23 year old woman has a waist that’s below 24”??? Holly is sort of starting to remind me a bit of Anna Archer. I don’t know if you guys follow her, but she recently came out and said she was struggling with an ED when everyone was idolising her body..... and she was eating so similarly to Holly. The high volume, low calorie vibe is what they both have and it’s just not good, especially for someone like holly who has already ( and is still) struggled with an ED.

• Sick
Reactions: 12
I’m vegan and honestly almost none of her meals appeal to me. No carbs. No condiments. No flavor. No fun foods?!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I'm not hugely invested into food - I appreciate good food of course, but my day-to-day meals don't vary a lot and I have a lot of staples I fall back on.

I *love* vegan food (though I'm not fully vegan). And while I mostly enjoy savory/ generously-seasoned dishes, I kind of get not wanting or feeling the need to season everything... like, I have plain cucumber, frozen peas, or plain broccoli sometimes, I just like the way they taste on their own. But those are snacks. And when I'm doing so much work that I neglect having proper meals, a few pieces of random salad aren't going to make me feel better, because how could they? Carbs will. Protein will. And fats will, too, even though it sounds bad. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ A big smooth is going to give me enough sugar for the rest of the day but won't really tide me over to the next meal.

Like... add some beans and lentils (if you're into that, they are great for fart jokes I guess), some seitan or tofu, some oil, salt, garlic, chilli, harissa paste, curry paste, coconut milk, vegan cream for cooking, a proper amount of avocado (yesI know I will never be able to afford a house bc if my millennial avo habits 😭). Put spices INTO your food while prepping it rather than just sprinkling on some turmeric after.

Food can be so much fun. Being extremely selective isn't the same as being a *foodie* - but you also don't have to be a foodie to have fun with food. Everybody eats. Just roll with it.

Reactions: 19
Yeah and while we're on the topic of food - I recently realized how Holly literally never eats nuts or hummus as a snack)? At least not as far as we see in her videos. And it's just so strange to me cause a few of my uni friends are vegan and hummus is such a staple food for them? As well as nuts, and avocados, and other study snacks like that. Whereas all Holly seems to eat as snacks are fruit, frozen fruit, or smoothies (i.e. blended fruit). (Though I guess now that she's sponsored by this vegan food brand we can at least add their cacao buttons to the list)

Reactions: 8
Yeah and while we're on the topic of food - I recently realized how Holly literally never eats nuts or hummus as a snack)? At least not as far as we see in her videos. And it's just so strange to me cause a few of my uni friends are vegan and hummus is such a staple food for them? As well as nuts, and avocados, and other study snacks like that. Whereas all Holly seems to eat as snacks are fruit, frozen fruit, or smoothies (i.e. blended fruit). (Though I guess now that she's sponsored by this vegan food brand we can at least add their cacao buttons to the list)
I mean avocados are just trendy no matter the diet, but they are a good source of fats but not necessary (seeds and good oils can be just as good and "more" local)

Her diet is absurd. It's a clear sign of her ED because she thinks it's healthy but it's not. She barely eats enough carbs for all the anaerobic activity she does thank god she's not scared of bananas, has little to no protein and little to no fat. Omega 3s are especially important on a vegan diet, because a deficiency in them can lead to heart failure (vs. main cause being high doses of cholesterol in omni diets). Nevermind having enough fat to ensure proper endocrine function and make her reproductive system work normally!
Yes those sprinkles of flax and hemp seeds are good on your smoothies but they need to be complemented by other fats like nuts and oils...

Again, can't get over her lack of protein. Where are tofu and seitan and tempeh on a regular basis?? When I look at her weekly vlogs I swear I see beans maybe on 2 dinners (nevermind lunches) on the whole week, and then again, that won't be enough for someone with her exercise regime.
For someone who pretends to focus on wholefoods and health, why is she more ok with consuming protein powder vs tofu (sure still processed but much less, and dating back centuries)... such distorted views on food

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Not the most relevant comparison, but I'm also reading the Grackle (rave-) thread, and every time I watch her vlogs I want to be more active throughout the day, have as enthusiastic and positive a relationship with food, and hang out with my family more.

And then I watch Holly's videos and am like... eeeh, I may not be nearly as productive but I'm not doing so bad πŸ˜‚

And granted, Grace's vlogs too are edited and selective, and are a completely different genre than Holly's (though they aren't completely dissimilar - Grace worked in a career where unhealthy body standards are a big issue, lives with her parents in a pretty big home near London, and is presumably working towards a career during the pandemic), but just watching them back to back on a break, the contrast is startling.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
her 'productivity" content is as boring, bland and repetitive as her food.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
her 'productivity" content is as boring, bland and repetitive as her food.
yeah she really needs to think of some other ideas, watching her just making lists is so dull. I would be interested in seeing her talk about setting up her business or something, how she recruited staff etc etc but watching her making bland food and endless runs is just :rolleyes:. The thing is, I think because she is so controlling with herself she cannot even do things like "_____'s rountine" as she is so controlling with her food/habits

Reactions: 7
She does literally the same routine every single day, so all her videos are more or less the same. I feel like it would be more interesting if she had other interests, but all she ever seems to do is study and exercise.

Reactions: 10
She does literally the same routine every single day, so all her videos are more or less the same. I feel like it would be more interesting if she had other interests, but all she ever seems to do is study and exercise.
I have a super super small youtube channel and this is exactly why I haven't uploaded since September haha. All my videos just became me sitting in front of my computer studying... especially with COVID.

I think it's harder to post interesting content that has some variation in it during this time. But Holly has been doing the same thing for how many years now? And Studytubers tend to have pretty monotonous videos but a lot of them are still interesting. Every time I see Holly's videos in my recommended I keep thinking I've seen them before and I won't watch them, especially because all the thumbnails and titles look the exact same.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Holly is stuck with her control issues! She can’t let go. If she’s in therapy atm it’s not really making her sit and think about her actions is it..... still in her same old routine.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.