Holly Gabrielle #4 Any excuse to take her shirt off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm kinda conflicted re; therapist stuff. On one hand, she doesn't need to go deep into her life, and influencers/youtubers etc aren't obliged to share everything they're doing at a given time. However, on the other hand revealing she's going to therapy and talking about things she's learned there could be incredibly helpful to her audience, and might even encourage any younger, shyer fans with mental health issues to seek out some kind of help. After all, there's still a lot of stigma around mental illness, and a lot of teenagers feel trapped, and don't know where to go in order to alleviate whatever's hurting them.

Reactions: 10
I'm kinda conflicted re; therapist stuff. On one hand, she doesn't need to go deep into her life, and influencers/youtubers etc aren't obliged to share everything they're doing at a given time. However, on the other hand revealing she's going to therapy and talking about things she's learned there could be incredibly helpful to her audience, and might even encourage any younger, shyer fans with mental health issues to seek out some kind of help. After all, there's still a lot of stigma around mental illness, and a lot of teenagers feel trapped, and don't know where to go in order to alleviate whatever's hurting them.
I also find it strange, a few years ago there was a big stigma about MH issues/seeing therapits etc, I don't think anyone would even find it surprising now, there is much more openess about it all

Reactions: 4
I also find it strange, a few years ago there was a big stigma about MH issues/seeing therapits etc, I don't think anyone would even find it surprising now, there is much more openess about it all
Much more openness, yeah, but it really depends on your age group and social background imo - I know in my family (Scottish boomers, life-sucks.jpeg) and a couple of friends', people who suffer from mental illness are judged heavily, and nobody feels comfortable going to therapy :(

Reactions: 5
Much more openness, yeah, but it really depends on your age group and social background imo - I know in my family (Scottish boomers, life-sucks.jpeg) and a couple of friends', people who suffer from mental illness are judged heavily, and nobody feels comfortable going to therapy :(
true, but for her fan base I don't think there is still this stigma? I am mid 30s and none of my friends feel any stigma about this

I suppose it is up to Holly but I feel by not mentioning she’s in therapy she’s promoting her behaviours/not addressing any issues she’s been putting up online.

By posting damaging behaviours on her YouTube channel, even if she doesn’t intend on this happening, she’s promoting it. People idolise her. If she is in therapy and her perspectives are changing then she needs to address her wrong behaviours somehow. It’s not healthy to just keep silent on this when she’s already put so much online.

She’s going to have to gradually transition out of over sharing because to go from posting nearly everything to practically nothing about yourself she’ll be promoting her negative behaviours more.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I'm sorry, not watched her latest video but the green cropped vest top makes her look like she's about 5. Surely she can see how bad it is? I couldn't tell shes 22 in the thumbnail. ;(

I’m genuinely really curious as to what is going to happen with Hollys channel over the years. Like, her content is so specific and she just comes across as very immature. I honestly wonder if she’s just going to stay like that forever.
She will be forty and her next video title will be: “productive week in my life!!!!!”

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Yeah for me at least part of the reason why I keep watching Holly is this weird fascination like "this is clearly an unsustainable lifestyle, I wonder how long she can keep this up before she cracks/admits that she has a problem and needs help".

Like even back when she was still at Cambridge she always seemed so tense and stressed and overly rigid in her routines that I always assumed she would eventually change/slow down/improve her mental health and then either give up her channel or change her content to get away from the "Productive Studying Exercising Eating Only Boiled Vegetables Routine" content.

But that just never happened and her content never really changed. Which is obviously not good but it's also kind of fascinating in a weird way I guess

I mean, if anything she’s regressed. When she was at Cambridge she seemed more mature than she does now, and she did things other than studying and exercise. I know it’s been hard to do anything with covid this past year, but all her days seem to be exactly the same. Study, exercise, study, sleep, repeat. It seems so weird that she doesn’t really have any hobbies and everything she does seems really forced.

Reactions: 12
I cant tell the difference between her vlogs anymore.
What is realistic productivity when she's a workaholic?

Reactions: 11
Mental health issues are definitely still stigmatized in academia. Being overworked & under-rested, underpaid, always stressed with too many tasks on your hands (meetings, projects, applications, presentations) is kind of expected a lot of the time... and even a lot of mental health discourses are kind of like "pick up yoga as a coping mechanism" rather than "get professional help and reduced hours." I sometimes feel like it's a good space to have discussions about mental health as an abstract that other people need to get help for, while we also use these discussions to let it be know that WE aren't the THERAPIST people, WE are the YOGA people who have enough self-discipline to not need a therapist.

So it could be that Holly is both perpetuating these patterns but is also a result of them. I know neither Cambridge nor competitive dancing, but both environments seem conductive to that sort of mindset.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Watching her latest week in the life and all I can think about is how bland that salad she had for lunch looked 😬 Maybe I'm biased because I'm Greek, but drizzle some olive oil on that, god.

• Heart
Watching her latest week in the life and all I can think about is how bland that salad she had for lunch looked 😬 Maybe I'm biased because I'm Greek, but drizzle some olive oil on that, god.
*me suddenly having flashbacks to that video where Holly explained that you shouldn't eat olive oil because it's "empty calories" and "not a health food"*

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
*me suddenly having flashbacks to that video where Holly explained that you shouldn't eat olive oil because it's "empty calories" and "not a health food"*
LOOOOL that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard in my life. Why does she think she is qualified to speak on nutrition she clearly knows nothing about it, olive oil is one of the healthiest oils you could possibly consume. I understand she has an ED but she shouldn’t be spreading misinformation like that to her followers who may also have food issues smh

• Heart
Reactions: 22
to be fair, have you ever seen anything she has maded herself that looked appetising? :LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Maybe I'm biased because I'm Greek, but drizzle some olive oil on that, god.
If this isn't an eternal mood, my god. Any time I see her plates, I lose the will to live.

My ancestors actually shaking in their resting places right now, I can't believe she would say this. I don't know who drilled this freaky nutrition information into her mind but she needs an intervention.

Reactions: 10
If this isn't an eternal mood, my god. Any time I see her plates, I lose the will to live.

My ancestors actually shaking in their resting places right now, I can't believe she would say this. I don't know who drilled this freaky nutrition information into her mind but she needs an intervention.
Unfortunately oil free veganism was quite a thing on the internet maybe 3-5 years ago. Holly's sister also did a video explaining why she is oil-free, and I think her reasoning is that becuase oil is refined it isn't counted as a natural source of fat. Even though if you squeeze an olive you get oil... Totally unnatural

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
Which video was this?? omg I get that the increased consumption in saturated fats/ deep fried foods is one (1) of the causes of increase health issues, but this really shows how stupid and deep in an ED she is... yes using too much olive oil can become empty calories if there is more oil than salad, but one teaspoon of cold pressed olive oil in your whole salad has so many benefits!! *you can use more ofc but I meant this for someone like her who is still very scared of olive oil *

I would really like to know if the unis that she applied to for nutrition found her channel and thought sis knew nothing about nutrition....

Reactions: 8
This explains so much about all these years of nothing but raw veg. She daren’t fry or roast anything.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.