Holly Gabrielle #4 Any excuse to take her shirt off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it's reasonable to ask him to be quiet during the 2-3 hour exam window. But she literally complains in like every second vlog about him practising, rolling her eyes when you can hear him play. Just super disrespectful.

Reactions: 17
I think it's reasonable to ask him to be quiet during the 2-3 hour exam window. But she literally complains in like every second vlog about him practising, rolling her eyes when you can hear him play. Just super disrespectful.
especially considering that his job is the foundation of her economic privilege, plus she now makes enough money to live on her own.

Reactions: 19
Her dad probably needs to practice. Being a musician is his job.
She acts like a stupid screaming gremlin most of the time, and they all let her.
Thank you! My dad and step mum are both musicians and if I told them to stop practicing I would be kicked out/told to go away. You can’t tell someone who needs to practice something they do for a living to stop. It’s ridiculous. Noise cancelling headphones work wonders for me with some ambient/white noise. Everyone is different but at the end of the day it’s showing how much Holly really isn’t accustomed to other people’s needs and timetables. It’s infuriating.

She also doesn’t need to complain about it every time a note leaves the trombone. If you live with a musician you’re going to hear music. Holly gets to hear philharmonia standards from her bedroom. Something to be proud of not to complain about.

Reactions: 16
Totally get all the critique, but I wonder how they can be so wealthy, have a huge house and have not taken into account that they might need a soundproofish room for the professional musician that needs to practise on a regular basis if other members of the family are bothered by it? Recently I have been struggling as well since my upstairs neighbours are musicians and are forced to practise in their flat due to Corona. So I can kind of empathize with Holly on that point. No matter how good the quality, it's driving me mad after a few hours and constant noise cancelling also isn't the perfect option. I think that's just something very personal, how much you can cope with 'noise'. But different to my situation (and my neighbour's) they have and had the means to find a solution that could accommodate all of them?

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Totally get all the critique, but I wonder how they can be so wealthy, have a huge house and have not taken into account that they might need a soundproofish room for the professional musician that needs to practise on a regular basis if other members of the family are bothered by it? Recently I have been struggling as well since my upstairs neighbours are musicians and are forced to practise in their flat due to Corona. So I can kind of empathize with Holly on that point. No matter how good the quality, it's driving me mad after a few hours and constant noise cancelling also isn't the perfect option. I think that's just something very personal, how much you can cope with 'noise'. But different to my situation (and my neighbour's) they have and had the means to find a solution that could accommodate all of them?
I do believe Hollys dad has a room of some sort to one side of the house, or maybe even in their detached garage? If you search up Phil White trombone it comes up with him and I think a YouTube video which gives an indication of a music room of some sort? Idk if that’s in the house though.

At the end of the day I’m just of the opinion if you live with other people you have to deal with their noise..... yeah you can ask them to tone it down a bit but realistically with Holly complaining about her dad pretty much all the time it doesn’t give a good impression of her at all. Idk. Just my opinion.

You can make good money as a successful musician. Especially if you have your eggs in a few baskets. Here’s a link for an overview of some of the stuff he does:

Reactions: 5
Holly’s not often called out for it but she’s a spoilt brat.

Haven’t watched her properly in ages because it goes from boring to worrying too fast but has she ever acknowledged her HUGE privilege?!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
For me personally, I feel like Holly's privilege in terms of having parents with money/a nice house etc etc is more than made up for by her untreated eating disorder/mental health issues that make her life miserable. As in, yeah I agree with you that she's economically privileged - but it's not like she's getting much enjoyment out of it cause she's too busy hating herself for eating too many dry oats in the evening or something.

It's sad to think about really - to think about how many people are miserable because they don't have that kind of economic privilege or family support, and then we have Holly who has so much and could easily afford to pay for therapy etc but she just. Doesn't do anything about her issues and continues to be miserable. Sorry for rambling but it just makes me sad

Reactions: 16
For me personally, I feel like Holly's privilege in terms of having parents with money/a nice house etc etc is more than made up for by her untreated eating disorder/mental health issues that make her life miserable. As in, yeah I agree with you that she's economically privileged - but it's not like she's getting much enjoyment out of it cause she's too busy hating herself for eating too many dry oats in the evening or something.

It's sad to think about really - to think about how many people are miserable because they don't have that kind of economic privilege or family support, and then we have Holly who has so much and could easily afford to pay for therapy etc but she just. Doesn't do anything about her issues and continues to be miserable. Sorry for rambling but it just makes me sad
I get what you’re saying but I just don’t think her having mh ‘makes up’ for her economic privilege. Also the fact her parents have a lot of money automatically grants her access to far better treatment options for mh than what you would get on the NHS if you couldn’t afford private treatment (aka most people).

• Heart
This is what makes me kinda mad because she has access to the resources that would help her, but she doesn’t seem to be making much of an effort to get that help.
I get that she hasn’t had it easy with her mental health, and I can only imagine how awful that is for her but it’s got to the point where she just needs to do something about it rather than just keep posting her awful routines and eating habits online :/

• Heart
Reactions: 9
the emptiness of that family home is one of the most baffling things i have EVER seen

• Heart
Reactions: 20
the emptiness of that family home is one of the most baffling things i have EVER seen
this is what makes me think all/most of them are autistic tbh, I know people with family members who are and they basically cannot have lots (any) of stuff around as it is really difficult

• Heart
Reactions: 4
The exam paper is written as if a traditional exam so students are not expected to have to work more than the usual 2-3 hour time limit required but because of online learning etc. students are given 24 hours to complete the exam. It means students have the flexibility to complete the exam whenever suits best if they have caring/technology/covid/time zone complications. It's still marked as a time-limited exam (at least at my uni) so markers aren't expecting the same standards as an assignment that students have weeks to prepare. My students also stress out about these types of exams because they assume they should be as perfect as other essays/assignments etc.
I usually find them a lot less stressful, because I can take breaks in between paragraphs, grab a coffee, watch an episode of something and stretch my legs instead of screwing up my fingers writing as fast as I can in a freezing exam hall!! 😂

This is what makes me kinda mad because she has access to the resources that would help her, but she doesn’t seem to be making much of an effort to get that help.
I get that she hasn’t had it easy with her mental health, and I can only imagine how awful that is for her but it’s got to the point where she just needs to do something about it rather than just keep posting her awful routines and eating habits online :/
It's really hard to get that help if you have very little external support, though. Mental health issues, especially EDs, can be really isolating and 'embarrassing for sufferers, and if they've got a family that doesn't seem to care and/or doesn't encourage them to talk about their issues, it's likely that they'll prefer to bottle it up instead of going to find help. Maybe as Holly lives at home she doesn't want her parents to know she's seeing a therapist or something? Perhaps her Mum or sister is anti-therapy, or thinks all she needs to do is ~cut out refined sugar~ or some other orthorexic guff? It's not always as easy as it seems to get the help you need, even if you have the money for it. :(

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
I’m sorry if this sounds harsh, but everyone keeps giving Holly the benefit of doubt when it comes to her own mental health.

Bottom line, if she needs therapy, she goes to therapy. She’s literally made videos expressing her interest in it and understanding that she needs to speak to someone. She is 23 YEARS OLD! She practically lives in her own little world at her parents house anyways.

Saying her family won’t understand is a big stretch. They were the ones that tired to get her to go in the first place when she was around 17. It was Holly who didn’t want to continue with it. I can’t see Hollys dad being negative about therapy at all. If anything, I think her parents would just leave her to it...... they leave her to everything else she does.

Basically, Holly just needs to find a therapist and see how it goes. It’s clear she’s putting it off because she’s in 100% burnout work mode, but her stress and negative thoughts will come flooding back in no time.

Reactions: 13
I agree. The family home doesn't seem just empty in a material sense - also there seems to be a real lack of emotional warmth.

I find it really unsettling how empty their house is. It seems really depressing because it’s massive and they all live there but every room seems so empty. It’s all white and so minimal... there’s not one room that looks properly decorated. It doesn’t look like a home.

Reactions: 11
I find it really unsettling how empty their house is. It seems really depressing because it’s massive and they all live there but every room seems so empty. It’s all white and so minimal... there’s not one room that looks properly decorated. It doesn’t look like a home.
I just don't understand it at all - it's not just 'minimal', it's totally void of anything... personal? Even Holly's room is like a bed, a desk and a bookshelf.

Never seen anything like it - where are all the memories/cute little family bits etc

Holly looks older here at 14 than she does at 23 View attachment 490426
I’m not one to comment on someone else’s body, but her chest (trying to be polite with my wording 😂) looks bigger here than it does now, unless of course she was padding her bra but that seems a bit unlikely. I really hope she’s okay because you can see the difference in the way she looks massively in that photo, and if she’s not okay then she urgently seeks help.

Reactions: 10
I’m not one to comment on someone else’s body, but her chest (trying to be polite with my wording 😂) looks bigger here than it does now, unless of course she was padding her bra but that seems a bit unlikely. I really hope she’s okay because you can see the difference in the way she looks massively in that photo, and if she’s not okay then she urgently seeks help.
Aaah tbh I wore padded bras as a teen because I was super self conscious about my lack of boobs, now I just don't care 😂 That said obviously weightlloss will affect any area with fatty tissue such as breats

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.