Holly Gabrielle #4 Any excuse to take her shirt off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She does look really sick now and I’ve noticed her portion sizes seem much smaller than they used to and they were never anything substantial in terms of calories because it was mostly boiled veg. I am desperate for her to get therapy and recover but I just can’t see how she ever will being stuck in the same environment.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
I can’t see her making any steps towards recovery while she is living in her parents house, especially throughout the rest of the pandemic. Although even if she moves out and gets a place on her own I can imagine her disordered habits getting worse. The only way I can see her making healthy lifestyle changes is if she moves in with a friend/friends who will encourage her to try new foods and develop more normal habbits (not sure who though)

Reactions: 12
yeah i think the arm hair thing on its own wouldn't be an issue, it is more with everything else that it seems worrying

Reactions: 2
My mom, looking at one of Holly's recent videos on my screen (the "Big Updates" one): oh is that that Cambridge youtuber you used to watch? she looks so different! is she ill or sth?

So yeah, this just in: Holly really looks different than a few years ago. Though I suppose her family doesn't notice how thin she looks cause they see her every day (?) Or else they just don't care :/

Reactions: 10
My mom, looking at one of Holly's recent videos on my screen (the "Big Updates" one): oh is that that Cambridge youtuber you used to watch? she looks so different! is she ill or sth?

So yeah, this just in: Holly really looks different than a few years ago. Though I suppose her family doesn't notice how thin she looks cause they see her every day (?) Or else they just don't care :/
Her dad seems like he emotionally checked out of the mess that is his house and her mum must be secretly happy her daughter isn't fat. (Her mum's a dancer, she probably contributed a lot to the girls' disordered eating habits).

Her dad seems like he emotionally checked out of the mess that is his house and her mum must be secretly happy her daughter isn't fat. (Her mum's a dancer, she probably contributed a lot to the girls' disordered eating habits).
tbh I'm never quite sure about the dad... he seems kind of apart, but a lot of people here seem to take him "out of the picture" in a way, and like... he's also part of the family. If he withdraws and at some point chose to be annoyed by the daughters' behavior even though he raised them just feels kind of iffy. The lack of a relationship is a relationship too when it comes to partent/kids dynamics. And if he s always been like this (kind of withdrawn and sometimes oddly callous/ rude) it would explain some of the sibling competition as well (especially when there are two daughters, so they can't claim an individual position in the family by default).

Reactions: 6
tbh I'm never quite sure about the dad... he seems kind of apart, but a lot of people here seem to take him "out of the picture" in a way, and like... he's also part of the family. If he withdraws and at some point chose to be annoyed by the daughters' behavior even though he raised them just feels kind of iffy. The lack of a relationship is a relationship too when it comes to partent/kids dynamics. And if he s always been like this (kind of withdrawn and sometimes oddly callous/ rude) it would explain some of the sibling competition as well (especially when there are two daughters, so they can't claim an individual position in the family by default).
Oh I didn't mean it like that. I'm just speaking from personal experience.
Where one parent seems to take up all the space and the other is seen as the 'less dominant' one. I think maybe the girls' entered 'mum's world' (dance) and as they got more into it he lost his way to them? I know Holly used to sing, idk about Emily.
The brother totally seems like he lives in his own world though, and I think I'd do the same if I lived in that house.

Reactions: 8
Idk, I think a lot of YouTubers forget that their parents and family also have a right to privacy. It would annoy me if my grown daughter was constantly shoving a camera into my face or if I'd have to expect to be filmed any moment of the day in my own home. Never forget when Holly went into his office while he was working and obnoxiously turned on music - now that's rude! I don't think it's all that fair to judge her parents because a) they didn't choose to be on the internet and b) we see literally only seconds of their lives.

We know Holly has zero social skills and emotional intelligence, she probably can't even figure out when people are in a bad mood/stressed/etc and act accordingly, i.e. give them personal space. Holly and Emily act absolutely hysterical when they're together, the dad doesn't have to put up with that all the time just because they're his kids lol, especially since they're grown women with university degrees.

• Heart
I understand we don’t get to see the full picture of Hollys family but honestly what does she expect when the parts she does put online are full of strange dynamics, weird invasions of privacy and Holly behaving like a pre-teen who’s had a sugar overload.

legit- what does this girl expect? For people not to be weirded out by a 23 year old with a lack of social skills and complete ignorance to the world around Her???

Reactions: 9
I really do wonder about the dynamics in Holly‘s and Ruby‘s home. As parents, you would think you want them to be able to live successfully on their own and build their own social circle (friends, colleagues, a partner?, kids?). They will have to leave their comfort zone of studying for tests at one point and I see neither being happy in a work environment. The tests bring constant success moments, YT comments feed into the same need for approval and praise. It seems they cannot be ok without this. Is that the product of their education at home or did their parents just enable those tendencies? It’s important to accept people’s individuality but as parents you should also look after them and give other impulses for a more balanced approach (as should their social circle). Neither of them is a genius, so it’s not as is a more balanced approach to live will keep them from extremely prestigious and important work. I understand why many people are back at home at the moment (I think the UK students living situation feeds into this???- here most rent with roommates, so that are still in their own flats because why would they move out only to have to look for a new flat soon again?) but why are all those children at home? Why do the parents not push them more to be self sufficient? I mean, raising self sufficient adults that can navigate life alone is your one big job as a parent. And they surely can sit Holly down to have an uncomfortable chat. Same for her siblings. That’s called caring for each other.
I find this very sad. There is nothing wrong with their preferences in general but they show a pretty sad and unhealthy extreme.
I think Ruby is already realising that just studying every free second might not be enough to excel at university. Holly’s university career has been pretty good so far, but the “lone busy bee” is not exactly compatible with the work in bigger research (if you are not more intelligent and outstanding than anyone else) or other work environments. The reluctance to work with others will not do down well. I wonder if part of this dislike is that she might be confronted with people more successful and maybe doing so while being less productive. Or people being extremely productive but without all those hard limiting.

love to see today's video come out after we mentioned that her vlogs were boring and would like an insight into her passion for biology :)

• Haha
love to see today's video come out after we mentioned that her vlogs were boring and would like an insight into her passion for biology :)
I'm actually lowkey excited to watch it because it's something different on her channel and I've been wanting to hear her talk more about biology. I'm also excited because I'm a microbiology major so I may be more biased lol.

Update: Just finished Holly's new video and since I am a science nerd I actually really enjoyed it. I don't know if non-science people followed along though... if anyone watched it and isn't involved with science, did it make sense to you?

I was thinking about what she said a while ago about science communication. Maybe she could start a podcast or something and talk about the things she's learned?? I'd think I'd listen. But she'd have to be careful of course since she's not an expert.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Not a fan of how she introduces the smear test section of the video by saying it's not relevant to men. Sex =/= gender.

Reactions: 8
I'm actually lowkey excited to watch it because it's something different on her channel and I've been wanting to hear her talk more about biology. I'm also excited because I'm a microbiology major so I may be more biased lol.

Update: Just finished Holly's new video and since I am a science nerd I actually really enjoyed it. I don't know if non-science people followed along though... if anyone watched it and isn't involved with science, did it make sense to you?

I was thinking about what she said a while ago about science communication. Maybe she could start a podcast or something and talk about the things she's learned?? I'd think I'd listen. But she'd have to be careful of course since she's not an expert.
Was able to follow along easily enough. Nice to see she’s actually learning stuff. Just so strange to think she’s never done anything like that before considering her channel is legit a studytube one. Not my sort of content tbh but whatever floats her boat. I can’t see it getting more views than her other videos.

Reactions: 5
Was able to follow along easily enough. Nice to see she’s actually learning stuff. Just so strange to think she’s never done anything like that before considering her channel is legit a studytube one. Not my sort of content tbh but whatever floats her boat. I can’t see it getting more views than her other videos.
ya. I don't think it'll get more views but I like that she branched out a bit :)

Reactions: 3
I loved seeing Holly being passionate about biology but it rubs me the wrong way that the video is being sponsored. Leaves me wondering about the real intention here. Sure you don't need a sponsorship to talk about something you're genuinely passionate about?

Oh also I was thinking about this- but Holly must be raking in the money. I’d say she earns around £125 on average per video, and she uploads at least 3 times a week (so making close to £500 a week from YouTube).

that’s £500x4=£2K a month just from YouTube alone.

then there’s her tutoring. £40 an hour for her tutoring, plus whatever she’s making from the people she employs. Sooo I’d say an estimate of at least £300 a week, which is £1200 a month.

All of that plus extras from Narna and savings, I’d say she’s raking in close to £3500-£4000 a month. That’s soooo much. Just interesting to think Holly barely treats herself to anything nice or thinks about making investments when she has so many means to do so.

Oh also I was thinking about this- but Holly must be raking in the money. I’d say she earns around £125 on average per video, and she uploads at least 3 times a week (so making close to £500 a week from YouTube).

that’s £500x4=£2K a month just from YouTube alone.

then there’s her tutoring. £40 an hour for her tutoring, plus whatever she’s making from the people she employs. Sooo I’d say an estimate of at least £300 a week, which is £1200 a month.

All of that plus extras from Narna and savings, I’d say she’s raking in close to £3500-£4000 a month. That’s soooo much. Just interesting to think Holly barely treats herself to anything nice or thinks about making investments when she has so many means to do so.
Tbh if she did then it would be like the unjaded jade thread currently that's ripping into her because she bought a new iPhone but preaches sustainability. What does irk me is when Holly blatantly asks for free stuff (the running shoes) when she's clearly got the money to pay.

Tbh if she did then it would be like the unjaded jade thread currently that's ripping into her because she bought a new iPhone but preaches sustainability. What does irk me is when Holly blatantly asks for free stuff (the running shoes) when she's clearly got the money to pay.
It wasn't that she bought an iPhone, it was that she went through three phones in the space of a year.

And there are things Holly could buy which are sustainable. Holidays (outside of the pandemic). Running coaching. Virtual spin class membership. Even just a nice takeaway.

Reactions: 21
It wasn't that she bought an iPhone, it was that she went through three phones in the space of a year.

And there are things Holly could buy which are sustainable. Holidays (outside of the pandemic). Running coaching. Virtual spin class membership. Even just a nice takeaway.
Exactly! Tbh I couldn’t care less about what Unjaded Jade does, that’s irrelevant here. With Holly, it’s that she never treats herself to things which make life fun. Takeaways, nice puddings, some new running tops (she’s always banging on about how hers stink!). Anything she gets is gifted- new phone cases, trainers, food to try. Why can’t she treat herself once in a while? She clearly enjoys getting things so why not give yourself that joy of receiving nice things more often???

Its like she tries to deprive herself of general fun in life. Like, everyone is different, but she seems to be SO bland.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.