Holly Gabrielle #4 Any excuse to take her shirt off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That's Lululemon prices for a company without any of the brand recognition that Lululemon has. They can scream "sustainable" all they want, but it's not enough for most consumers to hand over their cash.

Reactions: 7
Wow I can’t even imagine spending that much on one outfit :oops:
ehh? I see rich kids spent £800 for the same thing because of brands, if it's good quality it's gonna cost the same as buying cheaper options every year or two years as I see most people do... but you always need to be careful with greenwashing

Reactions: 3
ehh? I see rich kids spent £800 for the same thing because of brands, if it's good quality it's gonna cost the same as buying cheaper options every year or two years as I see most people do... but you always need to be careful with greenwashing
Haha
NO

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I know people do spent a lot on clothes but for me personally, over £100 is way too much for one outfit. I could think of far better ways to spend my money, but that’s just me.
I bought a pair of jeans for £20 three years ago and even with lots of wear they’re still going strong!

Reactions: 7
How can she be so annoyingly pissed of by anything research and still consider going into it? I mean, I get the feeling of frustration learning something new and have vented multiple nights with friends about learning to program. But her smug arrogant face isn't just some "venting and getting on" but more "I hate it, I'm so much better than this." If you don't enjoy getting out of your comfort zone / arse (memorizing stuff) then why the heck do it? Just find something else and shut the duck up.

Attachments

Reactions: 18
I wouldn't say unhinged but definitely not usual. The only people I know who do this is ex cons and ex military.
At this point I genuinely think all of Holly's 'issues' are caused by her mum. I wonder how her mum would react of Holly spent the morning in bed reading a book or watching Netflix..
Throwback to when Holly stayed in bed watching Tiktok on her phone for an hour in the morning (for a video) and her Dad came in asking her if she's sick and why she's still in bed. (It wasn't even really late or anything)

Also yes watching Holly deal with an actual research project that requires patience, creativity and perseverance will be interesting for sure! So far we've only seen her write 2500 word essays ("such a long assignment!") with a perfectionist attitude, or else memorizing facts for exams.

Reactions: 19
How can she be so annoyingly pissed of by anything research and still consider going into it? I mean, I get the feeling of frustration learning something new and have vented multiple nights with friends about learning to program. But her smug arrogant face isn't just some "venting and getting on" but more "I hate it, I'm so much better than this." If you don't enjoy getting out of your comfort zone / arse (memorizing stuff) then why the heck do it? Just find something else and shut the duck up.
You have perfectly summed up why I find her (specifically, her choice of what to put out to her audience regarding her studies because I know it’s not her as a whole) so infuriating, thank you so much!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Sorry I haven’t been keeping up with Holly because I can’t stand her constant hand gestures. I find them somewhat triggering (if that makes any sense).
Is she using R for her project?

Throwback to when Holly stayed in bed watching Tiktok on her phone for an hour in the morning (for a video) and her Dad came in asking her if she's sick and why she's still in bed. (It wasn't even really late or anything)
He did? I think that might explain why she can't relax. If she didn't have the income she had I'd feel sorry for her. I couldn't imagine living in a home where I couldn't relax.

Reactions: 4
Sorry I haven’t been keeping up with Holly because I can’t stand her constant hand gestures. I find them somewhat triggering (if that makes any sense).
Is she using R for her project?
I don't think she's said what she's coding in yet, in her video she was just using Unix commands and wrote a HTML file, she also posted a picture of excel.

He did? I think that might explain why she can't relax. If she didn't have the income she had I'd feel sorry for her. I couldn't imagine living in a home where I couldn't relax.
Yeah it was in this video, around the 1 minute mark:

And yeah I'd agree, it'd drive me nuts if it were me! It's like-

Holly: can't sleep in or relax without being judged; not allowed to eat upstairs; not allowed on the couch after sitting on the floor; not allowed to leave any traces of food on the kitchen counter while cooking even if she cleans it up right after; clearly gets no support for her mental health issues from her parents;

Also Holly: I LOVE living at home!!! Living here is so great it's wonderful! I don't plan on moving out anytime soon!!

• Sad
Reactions: 19
Yeah it was in this video, around the 1 minute mark:

And yeah I'd agree, it'd drive me nuts if it were me! It's like-

Holly: can't sleep in or relax without being judged; not allowed to eat upstairs; not allowed on the couch after sitting on the floor; not allowed to leave any traces of food on the kitchen counter while cooking even if she cleans it up right after; clearly gets no support for her mental health issues from her parents;

Also Holly: I LOVE living at home!!! Living here is so great it's wonderful! I don't plan on moving out anytime soon!!
Literally this!
It really does seem like her parents are super controlling/interfering. I know we only get to see a small portion of her life but there are so many instances of them being really patronising and controlling. It makes me annoyed because their behaviour has obviously had an impact on holly and Emily (with them both suffering EDs).

I genuinely cannot get over the fact that Holly is in her 20s and her mum STILL tells her she can’t drink a smoothie on her bed because she might spill it. There’s something really not right about their family situation :/

Reactions: 22
Literally this!
It really does seem like her parents are super controlling/interfering. I know we only get to see a small portion of her life but there are so many instances of them being really patronising and controlling. It makes me annoyed because their behaviour has obviously had an impact on holly and Emily (with them both suffering EDs).

I genuinely cannot get over the fact that Holly is in her 20s and her mum STILL tells her she can’t drink a smoothie on her bed because she might spill it. There’s something really not right about their family situation :/
I get major Stockholm syndrome vibes from Holly at times. She goes to great lengths to say that she doesn’t want to move out and how great her life at home is, but it really doesn’t come across that way. I suppose her admitting it really isn’t great would be very difficult for her, and honestly, she’s so isolated I do wonder if she actually realises how unusual her home-life is.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
I get major Stockholm syndrome vibes from Holly at times. She goes to great lengths to say that she doesn’t want to move out and how great her life at home is, but it really doesn’t come across that way. I suppose her admitting it really isn’t great would be very difficult for her, and honestly, she’s so isolated I do wonder if she actually realises how unusual her home-life is.
I think it's because when you're trying so hard to please your family, it makes it more difficult to admit there's a problem. Especially if their demands are just phrased in a way where they have 'high standards' - it's kind of like if you're not happy to meet these standards, you're choosing failure.

Reactions: 10
correct me if im wrong but did she just say she strips her bed and then remakes it in the evening every day as part of her new morning routine? ive never heard of something so unhinged
Does she mean she washes her sheets every day (not usual in some circumstances, esp on MN) but i thought from her sustainability point of view that would be wasteful, or she literally takes off the sheets and puts them back on as a control measure so she isnt tempted to get back in bed

Does she mean she washes her sheets every day (not usual in some circumstances, esp on MN) but i thought from her sustainability point of view that would be wasteful, or she literally takes off the sheets and puts them back on as a control measure so she isnt tempted to get back in bed
Wouldn't work for me, like all normal people I have thought 'duck it' at least once and slept on the bed after it was stripped.

Definitely wasn't the result of mistakenly trusting a fart at 2am. Not me.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
OK so I might have missed something completely, but where does she say (or imply) that she strips her bed/ washes her sheets every day? I went back over her habits video and didn't really notice anything. She strips her bed in the beginning of the "first day as a research student" one but that is clearly not a daily routine video.

I haven’t seen Holly’s new video about trying dark academia yet but just from the thumbnail I think her hair and outfit look super cute!! It’s nice seeing her trying something new.

Reactions: 13
am i the only one laughing at her putting *CAMBRIDGE BIOLOGY GRADUATE* in the title of her dark academia vid?

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.