Holidays after virus

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if there will be a big increase in holiday prices when we are able to book them again. I had already noticed a big increase from last years prices to this years with TUI.
👙🌴🏖
So when this is over and you could go anywhere in the world for a holiday where would you go?
I would go Thailand, Bangkok and then Kho Lak oh and if I had time I would go to Bali. (it's nice to dream)

Reactions: 1
We live about 20 minutes inland from Mojacar and I feel quite safe in our village here. The lock down in Spain is rigidly enforced (you don't argue with the Guardia Civil!). I hope that you make it out to Almeria later in the year.
Thank you, our place is in Villaricos so probably not too far from you. I see the lockdown is much more strict in Spain, wish it had been here to be honest.

I have my first trip to Florida booked for June 5th! Not currently cancelled but obviously expecting it to be. The holiday was already cancelled once when Thomas Cook went bust, maybe we are just not meant to go! :p

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I’ve already had 2 city breaks to Berlin and New York cancelled by it. Supposed to go to Santorini at the end of June, tui have said they’re starting flights the week before so we’ll see. If the flight is operating then I’ll be on it. Turkey in October too so if santorini is cancelled then it had better all be over by October 😂

Reactions: 4
I’m meant to be moving to New Zealand in October and I’m terrified the borders won’t be open by then 😭

I wouldn't even consider it right now. You just don't know what's going to happen. Countries that are not badly affected right now, could be by the end of the year. You could risk being stuck in a foreign country in a lock down situation. Nobody knows how this will play out. For me the anxiety of it wouldn't be worth it. Hopefully summer 2021 we will have our holiday but i imagine it will be extortionate!!

I managed to squeeze some city breaks in Feb. We don't go abroad until October usually and book last minute so fingers crossed we can go and there's something left that's inexpensive (ideally free child place)

We're booked for Cornwall late June so hoping that still goes ahead

Anyone have any idea when holidays might start happening again? I know it's a guessing game.......

Anyone have any idea when holidays might start happening again? I know it's a guessing game.......
Well if they want to keep social distancing in place for a while, then maybe when that ends? You can social distance on a plane.
I was also thinking that maybe when a vaccine is in place, as some countries may only allow you through their borders with proof you’ve had the vaccine?
That’s just my thoughts

I’m due away in August and I’m doubting (hoping) that isn’t going to happen. However, seeing that the travel companies aren’t giving refunds I would go if I could so I didn’t lose all the money.

TUI have cancelled all holidays until 14th May. I really hope they extend this date as we’re due to go on holiday with them a couple of days later and I really don’t want to go so soon.
I’m still waiting on my refund from them I’m supposed to fly the 1st of may

I’m still waiting on my refund from them I’m supposed to fly the 1st of may
from what I’ve read online, people seem to be having a bit of a nightmare getting their money and are really having to push for it. As at 17th April, they’re trying to issue 12 month refund credit notes instead and you can get money back at the end of 12 months if unused. Ridiculous.

The only thing getting me through this tit storm is the thought of a week in the sun by the beach, drink in hand and kids with their grandparents back home. ✋🏖🍻

• Haha
Reactions: 3
from what I’ve read online, people seem to be having a bit of a nightmare getting their money and are really having to push for it. As at 17th April, they’re trying to issue 12 month refund credit notes instead and you can get money back at the end of 12 months if unused. Ridiculous.
I thankfully used my credit card, so if they start with that bull I’ll just contact Barclaycard

it’s sly cheeky sod.

I’ve got money in virgin holidays as we go America in October next year and I’m unsure what to do there as didn’t use the credit card 🙈

We have a holiday booked for August. But to be honest I’d rather not go. We are self employed so could do with not spending the money. We’ve only paid a small deposit so far.

Having said that we do have friends who have an apartment in Cyprus so that might be an option later on in the year. I think I’d rather do that than go to the all inclusive we’ve got booked.

All depends on so many factors. But I think we will end up staying here and if the lockdown gets eased we will visit family.

Reactions: 2
My concern would be around waiting for it to have died down enough to not get stuck wherever I went on holiday were there another resurgence of cases. Having spent the last few weeks trying to repatriate people from countries with closed borders and airspace it is NOT FUN 🤣

I wonder if there will be a big increase in holiday prices when we are able to book them again. I had already noticed a big increase from last years prices to this years with TUI.
👙🌴🏖
So when this is over and you could go anywhere in the world for a holiday where would you go?
I would go Thailand, Bangkok and then Kho Lak oh and if I had time I would go to Bali. (it's nice to dream)
I'd visit relatives in Bali

• Heart
I’ll be going abroad as soon as I can. The world will need people to act as normal as possible once this is over to boost the economy. I’ve had three holidays cancelled up to now. The minute flights are touching down in other countries I’ll be booking a last minute deal. To be fair I’d settle for anywhere that isn’t my living room or Morrison’s once a week at the moment

• Heart
Reactions: 7