Holidays after virus

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just a thought...

How many of us will feel comfortable going abroad once lockdown is lifted? Not so much going to the country but travelling, flying etc šŸ¤”
I donā€™t know that Iā€™ll feel comfortable even going out to a cafe! Never mind abrosd!

Reactions: 3
We have planned a trip back to the UK (we live in Australia) for next June/July.

It is my Dad's 70th birthday and we are having a big family trip to Portugal and then spending some time with my husband's family in the North East and some alone family time in London too.

I am feel nervous about it but I am trying not to think that far ahead yet otherwise I would go crazy!

TUI have cancelled all holidays until 14th May. I really hope they extend this date as weā€™re due to go on holiday with them a couple of days later and I really donā€™t want to go so soon.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ople-against-making-summer-holiday-plans.html

I've not fully read this article, but I don't think borders will be open until November from the little I've read of it!
I'm not going to book anywhere abroad for this year. Hoping to go to Disney world again next year. I always pick up illnesses on planes, so I'm hoping now people are being slightly less gross, by using hand sanitizer and antibacterial wipes, I might be alright on planes now! That'd be one positive from this for me!

Reactions: 1
I travelled to America just a day before trump closed the borders to Uk. We could have stayed home and not went but we wouldnā€™t have been given a refund and we couldnā€™t change the date of our holiday. So we decided to go and make the most of it. The best advice I was given was to use dettol wipes on the plane seat, tv monitor and the seat in front including the magazines and safety information. We used hand sanitizer on the plane and every time we were out. Iā€™m hoping to get away later in the year, Iā€™ll be taking my wipes and hand sanitizer with me when I do as I usually always end up unwell on a flight

I would go on a holiday BUT the thought of everywhere being flooded with people, turns me off.

It's not about the germs, it's I never like huge crowds and surely everywhere will be filled with people.

I always go on 1 trip a year (sometimes just a short nearby trip, nothing extravagant) and 1st world problem, I'm bumped I may not fly this year.

We were meant to go on a cruise in July but weā€™ve moved it back to next May. Cruise company gave us extra credit to move it, so the holiday was actually cheaper. Ship isnā€™t finished being built yet, and they are on reduced hours so I wasnā€™t even convinced the ship would be ready in time ā€œifā€ the borders were open.

Honestly canā€™t see any international travel until next year, and we will probably all have to have the vaccination to cover travel insurance? Weā€™ve got flights to Florida booked for next August, was waiting on free dining but itā€™s obviously delayed. I think its going to be really busy next year šŸ˜¬

Reactions: 2
Luckily weā€™re not due to go anywhere out of the country & I wonā€™t be booking anything abroad for a good while. A girl I went to school with & her friends have been stuck in Bali for weeks. Theyā€™re having to stay with families out there or in hostels. One of them was running out of medication (Iā€™m not sure if this has been resolved now) & flights home seem impossible for them. Thatā€™s what would worry me most I think, in case we get into a similar situation of lockdowns in the future etc.

We have an apartment in Spain, we want to go when its generally considered safe. Its in an area with low population and low number of Corona cases (Almeria) and quite frankly feel like Im going mad here, just need to escape.
I agree. My parents live in Abruzzo in Italy, in an area with only a few coronavirus cases. I was meant to be visiting on March 28th but obviously that got cancelled (still waiting for my refund ryanair) and we are due to be flying there in late August as a family. If air travel is allowed by then we will be going. However, we are flying into Puglia and were planning to do a bit of hotel/b&B hopping to explore that area, but instead we are just going to stay at my folks the whole time.

I was in Abu Dhabi and got home just before lockdown, our holiday was cut short by 5 days. I thought I would be really nervous flying but I was actually okay, I think because the airports and flights were so quiet. The plane from London back to Aberdeen was so empty, we had rows of space.

I do agree with a comment further back in the thread that it doesn't matter where you are, if you are going to get it then you are going to get it. I think if they lift lockdown and allow people to travel then it is obviously safe to do so? It's a difficult one though!

Reactions: 4
Iā€™m due to go to Turkey in September and Iā€™m hoping we can go. Not nervous about the flight as thereā€™s usually so many germs anyway but nervous of the airport. Easier to maintain hygiene in a confined space where youā€™re not moving than a large airport.

Reactions: 5
First chance we get I will be booking a flight somewhere. Had 2 holidays cancelled due to covid 19. I will take strict hand hygiene precautions on the plane.

Reactions: 9
It seems impossible to imagine a return to full unrestricted travel without a vaccine. Even if lockdown is lifted and cases decreased, no country is going to want to be reckless. Especially places like New Zealand that have quite successfully kept it out - are they going to open borders to that risk? What if they donā€™t find a vaccine? Will anyone who wants to visit NZ have to spend two weeks in quarantine? It sounds crazy but does anything surprise anyone these days ?!

I camp during the Summer months all over the UK, first trip booked for Norfolk in June. Hoping Iā€™ll get some summer left.

Hoping there isnā€™t an influx of panic campers. Although the campsite in Norfolk is Ā£6 per night with no electric and one loo šŸ¤Ŗ

I will go abroad during the winter months, like I always do. Iā€™d also like flying to start again as Iā€™m also a purser/cabin crew. Although Iā€™m looking at the Summer off with much delight even though Iā€™m furloughed!

I camp during the Summer months all over the UK, first trip booked for Norfolk in June. Hoping Iā€™ll get some summer left.

Hoping there isnā€™t an influx of panic campers. Although the campsite in Norfolk is Ā£6 per night with no electric and one loo šŸ¤Ŗ

I will go abroad during the winter months, like I always do. Iā€™d also like flying to start again as Iā€™m also a purser/cabin crew. Although Iā€™m looking at the Summer off with much delight even though Iā€™m furloughed!
I think everywhere in the uk will be very busy in the summer (providing lockdown is lifted obviously) I think it will be a mixture of people not wanting to go abroad and also people who would normally go abroad that canā€™t due to job losses etc

Reactions: 1
My family from ni normally go somewhere in England and myself, husband and kids go and meet them wherever they are. We still have a holiday booked at the minute as the caravan site haven't cancelled it yet. Hopefully we will here soon of it is going ahead or not

It seems impossible to imagine a return to full unrestricted travel without a vaccine. Even if lockdown is lifted and cases decreased, no country is going to want to be reckless. Especially places like New Zealand that have quite successfully kept it out - are they going to open borders to that risk? What if they donā€™t find a vaccine? Will anyone who wants to visit NZ have to spend two weeks in quarantine? It sounds crazy but does anything surprise anyone these days ?!
Greenland had 11 cases and now has 0. All 11 recovered!

We have an apartment in Spain, we want to go when its generally considered safe. Its in an area with low population and low number of Corona cases (Almeria) and quite frankly feel like Im going mad here, just need to escape.
We live about 20 minutes inland from Mojacar and I feel quite safe in our village here. The lock down in Spain is rigidly enforced (you don't argue with the Guardia Civil!). I hope that you make it out to Almeria later in the year.

Reactions: 4