Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bobbleowl90

VIP Member
Can anybody recommend where’s best in Greece (any island). Looked at corfu and Crete, struggling to find where’s best for families and central. Self catering, want to be close to the centre with a few bars shops etc but nothing like Benidorm vibes. Any suggestions? 2 adults and 2 small children.

Gem_woody

Chatty Member
Pefkos in Rhodes is lovely for families especially the Matina complex
A little bit busier is the area of Tsilivi in Zante but not Benidormish, families like the St Denis complex there, it's really good
I second tsilivi in zante!

Tommyb

Chatty Member
Any recs for the Amalfi coast? I'm trying to decide if I should stay in Sorrento or Salerno with day trips to the main towns by ferry?

bread-pitt

Chatty Member
Got an email today advertising the Underground Garage Cruise for May 2025. Jumped on it and joined the pre-sale. This will be our 5th time seeing X and 3rd time seeing The Reverend. So we are thrilled.

motato101

Thank you! Had seen a few of the long haul flights but wasn’t sure if it’d be worth it as we only have a weeks annual leave

CherryAcid

VIP Member
I'm going to Tulum, Mexico in September and cannot wait as I have always wanted to go to Mexico. Going with with a couple of friends who know Mexico very well. I usually solo travel and literally don't have anything to organise so its a weird but nice feeling for me.

NoHintOfDrama

VIP Member
Can anybody recommend where’s best in Greece (any island). Looked at corfu and Crete, struggling to find where’s best for families and central. Self catering, want to be close to the centre with a few bars shops etc but nothing like Benidorm vibes. Any suggestions? 2 adults and 2 small children.
Lassi in Kefalonia is lovely. Also Tigaki in Kos.

Mooordgirl

VIP Member
Anyone been to Agadir? I'm looking for cheap October sun and thinking it could be a nice alternative to the Canaries

Mooordgirl

VIP Member
We stayed in Sorrento and did day trips to Capri, Pompeii, Positano and Amalfi. I've never stayed in Salerno so can't comment on what it's like, but Sorrento is fab and while it can be expensive it is less so than Amalfi or Positano.
Plus one for Sorrento, a great base, you'll get more bang for your buck in accomodation and its a lot easier to walk around that the amalfi towns

DWASN

Can anyone give recommendations on hotels in Mexico 🇲🇽 Cancun/Riviera Maya. TIA
If you’re going adult only I highly recommend a Secrets resort (they have a few). We did 2 weeks at Secrets the Vine in Cancun for our honeymoon (was back in 2015)

Poppy123!

Chatty Member
Can anyone give recommendations on hotels in Mexico 🇲🇽 Cancun/Riviera Maya. TIA
Riu Palace is amazing and right on the beach. Great food and entertainment.
Riu Yucatan/Tequila/playacar are all nice too if you are on a budget . Yucatan is a bit quieter and on the beach, Tequila is across the road and has more of a party scene. You can go between the hotels.
All these hotels are within a gated community and there are shops/restaurants etc within. You can so have a nice stroll into the main town or get a cheap taxi.
You can walk down the beach to the ferry terminal too.

DWASN

We will have our teenage daughter with us so need something a little lively to entertain her!
I know others have been to Moon Palace with kids and teens and highly rated it. Hard Rock was next to our hotel, that could be worth a look at