Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

creamQueen

Chatty Member
If you’re going adult only I highly recommend a Secrets resort (they have a few). We did 2 weeks at Secrets the Vine in Cancun for our honeymoon (was back in 2015)
We will have our teenage daughter with us so need something a little lively to entertain her!

Reactions: 1

creamQueen

Chatty Member
Riu Palace is amazing and right on the beach. Great food and entertainment.
Riu Yucatan/Tequila/playacar are all nice too if you are on a budget . Yucatan is a bit quieter and on the beach, Tequila is across the road and has more of a party scene. You can go between the hotels.
All these hotels are within a gated community and there are shops/restaurants etc within. You can so have a nice stroll into the main town or get a cheap taxi.
You can walk down the beach to the ferry terminal too.
Sound brilliant,thank you. Is the palace the better of them them all? (we have a big budget,thankfully)x

Any suggestions on apps/websites to book activities in advance?
We've used Viator before. I also checked that buying direct weren't cheaper but it made no difference. I'll also check tripadvisor as some activities were mentioned on there you could only book direct ie ziplining recently

bellinibobble

VIP Member
We have been to Lisbon this year so far. Looking to tick some much wanted city trips off this year.

Currently have florence-garda- Venice in June
Madrid and Valencia in September
Next year will be portfolio - cinque terre- Genoa
Also possible Poland or germany too.
We are doing Portofino and CT this year - I’ll make sure to update the thread when we’re back 😊

• Heart

StrawberryBanana90

Chatty Member
@bread-pitt I noticed you said you were going to Hawaii later this year, how amazing! I was going to ask you on pricing etc. but realised you live in Florida so it must be much cheaper than going from the UK :ROFLMAO:

motato101

Looking to go away in December for a week for some winter sun, never been away this time of year before. Where’s best to go?

HoGi

VIP Member
Any suggestions for beginning of September for a week, that will be toasty and good value for money. I don't mean cheap but ideally less than £1.3k each for a week AI?

We went Egypt earlier in the year and are going Dominican Republic at the end of the year, but would like another break.

As you know I love Cape Verde and it is still possible but it's a bit far for a week.

Been toying with Morroco or Canaries but nothing stands out. Turkey is a no go as husband has vetoed it.

KindnessWins

Where’s the best place to buy big suitcase from? Doesn’t need to be fancy, but just a decent size ☀

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
My friend has been a few times and she loves it. I was supposed to join her for the last one but we were away.
I’d say definitely go, I might see you soon 😉
I booked it. Didn't have the day I wanted unfortunately. Tickets came out 12pm today and by 12:15pm the date I wanted was sold out, even the early time. So going the day I have a concert my train arrives in London 11am so plan is straight to hotel to drop bags off then to taste film till around half 4 then off to concert straight afterwards.
I wanted to go to taste film on the last day I'm there as I have nothing planned but it was sold out. I think I got the last place for the one I'm going as well

Rippedjeanmaybe

VIP Member
Hawaii is on my list too (also UK).

I’m doing a basics California trip this year (ticking off the main tourist bits) and then we will go back again in a few years and explore more and probably visit Hawaii.

Greentea12

Any recs for the Amalfi coast? I'm trying to decide if I should stay in Sorrento or Salerno with day trips to the main towns by ferry?
We stayed in Sorrento and did day trips to Capri, Pompeii, Positano and Amalfi. I've never stayed in Salerno so can't comment on what it's like, but Sorrento is fab and while it can be expensive it is less so than Amalfi or Positano.

Melier

VIP Member
I haven't been personally but have a family member who lives there and I have looked into going myself
Unawatuna - All round beach resort with plenty of restaurants
Negombo - A beach resort with large hotels and a short transfer from the airport , good location for sight seeing
Bentota - quiet and scenic , larger hotels there
Thank you! Will add these to my list

AlwaysSummer

I've booked Ixia in Rhodes, solo at the end of summer - will spend a bit of time in the old town and go to Lindos, anybody have any recs?
Lindos is fabulous- if you climb up to the top there is a superb acropolis and you can make your way down the cobbled streets in the old town. When you are at the top you will be able to see the heart-shaped bay to the side. The beaches around lindos are great too. If you are driving, recommend arrive before 10am as car parks can get really busy during the day.

creamQueen

Chatty Member
I'm going to Tulum, Mexico in September and cannot wait as I have always wanted to go to Mexico. Going with with a couple of friends who know Mexico very well. I usually solo travel and literally don't have anything to organise so its a weird but nice feeling for me.
That sounds great 😊 are you staying at a particular hotel or travelling around?

• Heart