Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tinkerbell cat

VIP Member
1 more day then I'm off to Americaaaaa - I am so excited. I feel like I have been doing the countdown for this trip forever so the fact it's so close has me giddy 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Any suggestions for beginning of September for a week, that will be toasty and good value for money. I don't mean cheap but ideally less than £1.3k each for a week AI?

We went Egypt earlier in the year and are going Dominican Republic at the end of the year, but would like another break.

As you know I love Cape Verde and it is still possible but it's a bit far for a week.

Been toying with Morroco or Canaries but nothing stands out. Turkey is a no go as husband has vetoed it.
Crete! We were supposed to go a couple of years ago and it was going to be half board but you had swim up rooms.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Where’s the best place to buy big suitcase from? Doesn’t need to be fancy, but just a decent size ☀
We bought a really big one from Tripp. I think they are a good quality bag at decent prices, I only buy the sale ones. Got the largest size for £60 at the beginning of the year

• Heart

mee43

VIP Member
Love Crete. We stayed in Elounda last year and absolutely loved it. Would definitely go back.

NoHintOfDrama

VIP Member
Carry on! Love talking about holidays!
---
So far this year:

Been to Lanzarote once and going again in Nov
Cyprus in June/July

Planning for next year, long weekend in Trieste. Lanzarote in Feb (I do like it there!).
Family holiday potentially Crete or another Greek island (been to loads of them already!).

Then planning a month in Australia in 2026.

LouSV

Chatty Member
Hols for this year...
Rhodes for 2 weeks in June
Paphos Cyprus for a week in October
Goa for 5 weeks end of December

(currently thinking about booking Ko Samui for September)

NoHintOfDrama

VIP Member
We have been to Lisbon this year so far. Looking to tick some much wanted city trips off this year.

Currently have florence-garda- Venice in June
Madrid and Valencia in September
Next year will be portfolio - cinque terre- Genoa
Also possible Poland or germany too.
100% recommend Wroclaw in Poland. Nowhere near as touristy as Krakow/Warsaw/Gdansk but so beautiful and all walkable. Plus ridiculously cheap. I struggled to spend £100 in 3 days!

• Heart

Tinkerbell cat

VIP Member
Welcome! I hope we are doing a good job of giving you the best time ever, whichever part you are in. I ordered good weather for you.
Having the best time! We’ve done Santa Barbara and currently in vegas though leaving today and doing a bit of route 66 today to head to LA :).. the most amazing time so far

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Melier

VIP Member
Booked 2 weeks in Sri Lanka for end of this year! Any recommendations would be amazing , only sorted flights so far

Mooordgirl

VIP Member
We bought a really big one from Tripp. I think they are a good quality bag at decent prices, I only buy the sale ones. Got the largest size for £60 at the beginning of the year
I second Tripp - ive three cases from them - they've stood the test of time. I got one for my mother and a couple of years later there was an issue, and a replacement was out within a week great value and customer service

LouSV

Chatty Member
Booked 2 weeks in Sri Lanka for end of this year! Any recommendations would be amazing , only sorted flights so far
I haven't been personally but have a family member who lives there and I have looked into going myself
Unawatuna - All round beach resort with plenty of restaurants
Negombo - A beach resort with large hotels and a short transfer from the airport , good location for sight seeing
Bentota - quiet and scenic , larger hotels there

• Heart
Reactions: 2

Tommyb

Chatty Member
We have been to Lisbon this year so far. Looking to tick some much wanted city trips off this year.

Currently have florence-garda- Venice in June
Madrid and Valencia in September
Next year will be portfolio - cinque terre- Genoa
Also possible Poland or germany too.

Reactions: 2

Mamacita

VIP Member
Looking to go away in December for a week for some winter sun, never been away this time of year before. Where’s best to go?
Canaries will still be decent weather, also Thailand if you're looking for somewhere further away, Dominican etc

Reactions: 1

bread-pitt

Chatty Member
1 more day then I'm off to Americaaaaa - I am so excited. I feel like I have been doing the countdown for this trip forever so the fact it's so close has me giddy 😂
Welcome! I hope we are doing a good job of giving you the best time ever, whichever part you are in. I ordered good weather for you.

• Heart
Reactions: 1