Holidays #3 2023 & 2024

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'd check the provisions about when it will pay out if, for example, someone in your party is ill and can't travel. Otherwise, your own is probably sensible.
That's what I was wondering about thanks I'll look. Didn't know if it was a things also got it separately before but last time we went away there was a question mark over whether my friend would be able to do that's what made me think

I have just come back from Egypt and Budapest.

Egypt - I've been before but was surprised how safe I felt this time around. We were happy to venture out the resort (in Sharm)
Budapest - If you've never been I highly, highly recommend it! It was fantastic.
What did you love so much about Budapest?

Booked Phuket for January. Thinking of possibly going to an island for a few nights whilst there. Any suggestions on close islands with cheap nice hotels? Phi Phi seems good and I loved it there when I last went but want some recommendations to see if I can go anywhere new

I'd check the provisions about when it will pay out if, for example, someone in your party is ill and can't travel. Otherwise, your own is probably sensible.
Definitely check this.

I have seen stories in the news where people haven't been covered because they aren't part of the same policy.

Definitely check this.

I have seen stories in the news where people haven't been covered because they aren't part of the same policy.
I guess it'll just be if the holidays cancelled etc rather than for illnesses?
My friends insurance is a lot higher than mine so don't know whether to just risk it and just get my own or do they break down how much is for each person

I guess it'll just be if the holidays cancelled etc rather than for illnesses?
My friends insurance is a lot higher than mine so don't know whether to just risk it and just get my own or do they break down how much is for each person
Yeh I think it is mainly cancellation and delays. I.e. something related to the booking.

Reactions: 1
Has anyone been to Sunny Beach in Bulgaria? I like to do a solo (female) holiday every year. Sometimes a relaxing holiday all inclusive doing nothing but sleeping and sitting by a pool. My last three solo holidays were more exploring holidays so I think next year I will do a relaxing do nothing holiday. Bulgaria or Turkey seem the cheapest, I've been to Turkey twice so I'd like to go to a new country. However I've read Sunny Beach should be avoided, however I'm not too sure it'll matter as I probably won't even leave the hotel grounds.
Also not sure about the weather mid-end September if anyone has been then?
Very far in advance but I'm a planner and like to plan well in advance 😅 I also like to pay monthly to split the costs so the further in advance the less a month.
Spain and Greece are also a possibility although a few hundred more

Reactions: 3
Has anyone been to Sunny Beach in Bulgaria? I like to do a solo (female) holiday every year. Sometimes a relaxing holiday all inclusive doing nothing but sleeping and sitting by a pool. My last three solo holidays were more exploring holidays so I think next year I will do a relaxing do nothing holiday. Bulgaria or Turkey seem the cheapest, I've been to Turkey twice so I'd like to go to a new country. However I've read Sunny Beach should be avoided, however I'm not too sure it'll matter as I probably won't even leave the hotel grounds.
Very far in advance but I'm a planner and like to plan well in advance 😅 I also like to pay monthly to split the costs so the further in advance the less a month.
I havent been but as some one who likes a similar holuday im keeping an eye out for the responses!

Reactions: 2
I’ve not been but I have a Bulgarian friend and she didn’t recommend me travelling there by myself. As with anything chances are nothing would happen but it’s more likely too happen there

I’m going to Dubai on Saturday, feel like the universe is telling me not to go, Israel and Iran kicking off and now floods! 🙈 the floods will be gone by Saturday, I just hope Israel don’t do anything drastic!

Reactions: 5
I’m going to Dubai on Saturday, feel like the universe is telling me not to go, Israel and Iran kicking off and now floods! 🙈 the floods will be gone by Saturday, I just hope Israel don’t do anything drastic!
Gosh ! I honestly hope everything is okay for you ! We went to Mumbai just after the attacks and to Madrid also just after the attacks and I honestly felt apprehensive, but of course everything was fine . The weather though!!!! Unbelievable

I love Dubai, DH and I went for our 20th wedding anniversary.
I assume there's no warnings in place not to travel? If not I'd go.

DH was in Jordan earlier in the year. I was a bit nervous for same reason but he had an amazing time and it was all very safe on the ground

I love Dubai, DH and I went for our 20th wedding anniversary.
I assume there's no warnings in place not to travel? If not I'd go.

DH was in Jordan earlier in the year. I was a bit nervous for same reason but he had an amazing time and it was all very safe on the ground
No no warnings! Oh I’m def going lol. I went last year for three days and loved it so going back for a week!

Reactions: 2
Looking into booking a four day stay in Iceland end of January 25. Any recommendations or tips would be great

Looking into booking a four day stay in Iceland end of January 25. Any recommendations or tips would be great
We stayed on Reykjavik which was worth it. Lovely little town with great links for. ours etc. would recommend the blue lagoon. I know it's touristy but it really was magical. I'd go earlier in the day or later on the evening.
Also the black sand beach and the geysers. The big waterfall there was eel worth a visit too. I would recommend an organised tour to see a few things.

I loved Iceland so much. It's so beautiful.

We stayed on Reykjavik which was worth it. Lovely little town with great links for. ours etc. would recommend the blue lagoon. I know it's touristy but it really was magical. I'd go earlier in the day or later on the evening.
Also the black sand beach and the geysers. The big waterfall there was eel worth a visit too. I would recommend an organised tour to see a few things.

The blue lagoon has been opening and closing on and off due to the volcanic activity. I think it's currently closed .

The blue lagoon and the Golden Circle are definitely on my to do list. Reykjavik looks fab too so want to spend some time exploring he city too. We don't plan on hiring a car so hoping between tours and public transport we will get to see most of the must see areas. Any restaurant recs for Reykjavik?

The blue lagoon and the Golden Circle are definitely on my to do list. Reykjavik looks fab too so want to spend some time exploring he city too. We don't plan on hiring a car so hoping between tours and public transport we will get to see most of the must see areas. Any restaurant recs for Reykjavik?
We didn't have a car either.

Ramen momo or any other ramen place to keep the costs down for sure. Svarta kaffio for their soup bowls made of bread too. There is a food hall aswell which is quite good if you all fancy different types of food.

Hi, Easyjet flight, i have a large cabin bag booked.

Does that mean a large cabin bag and a handbag?

Hi, Easyjet flight, i have a large cabin bag booked.

Does that mean a large cabin bag and a handbag?
I would imagine that a handbag is ok as all passengers are allowed to bring onboard a small bag or that will fit under the seat.