Holidays #3 2023 & 2024

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know this was discussed at the end of last year but I'm too lazy to scroll through all the threads.

What was the German town where they had the flying Santa. My friend and I are planning a Xmas market over Dec and so far it's Bruges but I wanted to throw a German market in the mi

I know this was discussed at the end of last year but I'm too lazy to scroll through all the threads.

What was the German town where they had the flying Santa. My friend and I are planning a Xmas market over Dec and so far it's Bruges but I wanted to throw a German market in the mi
Hamburg. German Santa is mildly terrifying when you're used to English-speaking Santa.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Hi!

Can anyone recommend a hotel/apartment in Tenerife/Gran Canaria/Lanzrote that will be great for a first holiday with a 7 month old?
Ideally with a heated shallow pool/splash area (planning to travel in November), walking distance to restaurants, the room has a seperate sleeping area so parents can chill out once baby is sleeping, would be great if they can provide baby items, cot and highchair etc but not a must.

Long shot, but has anyone stayed in the Sheraton in Stockholm? I'll be going for a business trip so can't change it but wanted to ask if anyone has been there already and can tell me whether it's good, I should bring anything that you'd normally had expected to be available, etc? Request might be a bit weird but last hotel the company booked me into was nice on paper, but quite crappy in person (the rooms, the rest was lovely) and I wished I had e.g. brought a hair dryer that actually did anything.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Long shot, but has anyone stayed in the Sheraton in Stockholm? I'll be going for a business trip so can't change it but wanted to ask if anyone has been there already and can tell me whether it's good, I should bring anything that you'd normally had expected to be available, etc? Request might be a bit weird but last hotel the company booked me into was nice on paper, but quite crappy in person (the rooms, the rest was lovely) and I wished I had e.g. brought a hair dryer that actually did anything.
As a girl with thick unruly hair I just always pack a travel hairdryer personally if I have room. Sadly no experience of the Sheraton or Stockholm. Hopefully its better than your last experience!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Does anyone know if there are holiday parks similar Parkdean/Bluestone etc in Ireland. Or can recommend family/activity orientated stays there. Thank you.

You're probably best reading reviews, I'm pretty sure on Google and/or TripAdvisor you can search reviews by keywords

• Heart
Hi!

Can anyone recommend a hotel/apartment in Tenerife/Gran Canaria/Lanzrote that will be great for a first holiday with a 7 month old?
Ideally with a heated shallow pool/splash area (planning to travel in November), walking distance to restaurants, the room has a seperate sleeping area so parents can chill out once baby is sleeping, would be great if they can provide baby items, cot and highchair etc but not a must.
Wouldn't want to go tenerife at moment they are fighting to stop poor tourism at moment they are sick of tourist coming and eating cheap food etc. I don't feel like it would be very welcoming

Wouldn't want to go tenerife at moment they are fighting to stop poor tourism at moment they are sick of tourist coming and eating cheap food etc. I don't feel like it would be very welcoming

I honestly wouldn't listen to the media, I live out here in Spain and it's been blown out of proportion, the locals are still very welcoming to tourists! I was also in Lanzarote 3 weeks ago and Gran Canaria in February and the locals were welcoming as usual.

There's big problems with housing and water shortages which is affecting us all living here (the area I live in Spain our pools have been closed due to water shortages)

Reactions: 3