Holidays 2022

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm visiting Rhodes in August and Valletta in September. I've been to Rhodes before but it will be my first time in Valletta. Has anyone been and where did you stay? The hotel reviews on google are not really promising. Most hotels are near nightlife and it is very busy and loud at night.
Hi. We were in

Turkey !!! All booked . I have trips away now and again , very short ones but as a family we havent heen on a proper holiday together for about 6/7 years .
Brighton Pride. August , with my teen daughter staying in The Grand
Booked up for Mr Ducks significant birthday Back to the Future the musical in London. Need to book a restaurant, Joe Allans or Rules are coming out favourite so far but would probably end up in a chinese somewhere near the theatre , china town is nearby .... I think... might have got my theatres mixed up
Yep that's it I think , Brighton Pride , theatre and Turkey

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Go to Masala Zone in Covent Garden it’s amazing!!
Turkey !!! All booked . I have trips away now and again , very short ones but as a family we havent heen on a proper holiday together for about 6/7 years .
Brighton Pride. August , with my teen daughter staying in The Grand
Booked up for Mr Ducks significant birthday Back to the Future the musical in London. Need to book a restaurant, Joe Allans or Rules are coming out favourite so far but would probably end up in a chinese somewhere near the theatre , china town is nearby .... I think... might have got my theatres mixed up
Yep that's it I think , Brighton Pride , theatre and Turkey

Reactions: 3
Booked Norway. My friend has said we're going on a Moose safari, so something different I guess 😂

I was mostly in Oslo city last time so it will be good to explore the wider parts of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
loads! Have you ever been before or will it be your first time?
First time. Solo traveller and not really done city breaks before (Aside from Dubai). Mainly good food and nice gardens/places to wander round.

Will mainly walk around or maybe the Metro, is it easy to use?

First time. Solo traveller and not really done city breaks before (Aside from Dubai). Mainly good food and nice gardens/places to wander round.

Will mainly walk around or maybe the Metro, is it easy to use?
it's a great city to travel solo, first of all if you're flying take the blue bus to the centre from the airport as it's 4€ and easier than the metro (unless you speak Spanish and/or are good at navigating).
The gothic quarter is the most beautiful area to get lost in, you can do a free walking tour as the history is v interesting.
La Barceloneta is the area with the beach - it's not the nicest beach by far but it's still good.
I would def walk around Park Guell as there's nothing else like it.
Restaurants I would go to which are all affordable and mostly traditional are: l'alcoba blava, bodega la palma, bistro sensi.
Bar Oasis for a drink on a nice terrace and my fave hidden place of Barcelona is, placa de sant felip neri - this little square got bombed during the war, has a beautiful fountain and there's a little bar there you can have a drink at! (They use this location for loads of Spanish films).
I think that's enough of my secrets shared haha enjoy!!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Ok so help me please 😂😂 I would love to go to the Bahamas, anyone been and can offer and advice? It’s not somewhere I know anything at all about? Partner says we’re better off Indian Ocean beach places…again I know nothing about this! Any thoughts, advice, help much appreciated!! Family with 2 kids, they’ll be 10/11 ish.

Just booked Barcelona, staying at the Alma. Any tips?
I love Barcelona. For less tourist-y places, Carrer de Blai, a street near Paral-lel metro station is fantastic. Its full of small tapas bars, perfect for a "tapas crawl". Our food tour with a local took us to this area and it was so so good.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Has anyone here been to Mexico in June before? It’s the start of the “rainy hurricane season” so we were happy to go at the start of the month but all the good hotels are booked up and only available 20th onwards… not sure if it’s worth risking it with the weather. How bad can it really be though? Any help is very appreciated!

Has anyone here been to Mexico in June before? It’s the start of the “rainy hurricane season” so we were happy to go at the start of the month but all the good hotels are booked up and only available 20th onwards… not sure if it’s worth risking it with the weather. How bad can it really be though? Any help is very appreciated!
Not Mexico, but I’ve been to the Caribbean in hurricane season and it was fine. Quite a few showers, but they quickly passed and within 15 mins you’d never know it rained

We have Mexico booked for next July!

Reactions: 1
Rainy season in a tropical climate usually means an absolute downpour for half an hour and then sun again. Hurricanes would tend to be worse for Mexico a bit later in the year, I'd say June will be grand.

Yes the first time we went to Mexico was the first 2 weeks of June and had about 4 days where it rained a loooot in our 2nd week there (like most of the day) and the first day it literally flooded some streets in Playa Del Carmen but we got a lot of really hot days too, we had an absolutely brilliant time so it’s always worth the chance to go then but personally for me I wouldn’t go back in June because of the chance of rain but that’s just my personal preference because we’ve since been to the Caribbean in November and would always pick November-January now! I don’t think it’s hurricane season though, that tends to be September I thought? Xx

Ok so help me please 😂😂 I would love to go to the Bahamas, anyone been and can offer and advice? It’s not somewhere I know anything at all about? Partner says we’re better off Indian Ocean beach places…again I know nothing about this! Any thoughts, advice, help much appreciated!! Family with 2 kids, they’ll be 10/11 ish.
He's right in terms you'll get much better value for money in Indian Ocean. With the Bahamas you need to choose your islands carefully as some can be a bit dodgy outside resorts and others fine.

Reactions: 1
He's right in terms you'll get much better value for money in Indian Ocean. With the Bahamas you need to choose your islands carefully as some can be a bit dodgy outside resorts and others fine.
Where have you stayed? I don’t know where to start really 😂😂

I'm off to the Maldives in September....postponed from 2020! ....works out very well as it's our 35th Wedding Anniversary when we're there! ....we've pushed the boat out and flying business class with Qatar
We first went to Maldives in 2019 and fell in love with it.....we stayed on a tiny island (Kandolhu) with only 30 villas and felt totally spoiled and felt as if it was our very own private island ....the marine life is amazing and there were several resident turtles on the reef...the water is incredible- so clear and turquoise and warm!
We first went to The Indian Ocean for our 30th Wedding anniversary and went to a couple of the islands in The Seychelles archipelago which were also incredible but I think The Maldives are just so very special and the seaplane arrival is something else!

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.