Holidays 2022

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Found travelling very easy. Nobody wore masks in the airport, they didn't even check my test when I arrived at the destination and just briefly glanced at my vaccine passport. Felt completely normal. I think summer is going to be great for getting around.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Has anyone travel to the Balearic Islands recently? Going to Palma with a friend next Monday and wondering what the Covid rules are over there e.g. mask wearing.

Has anyone travel to the Balearic Islands recently? Going to Palma with a friend next Monday and wondering what the Covid rules are over there e.g. mask wearing.
Oh Ivy will you please share any recommendations when you’re back, my friend wants her hen to be in Palma next year and i’ll be the one organizing it xx

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Thought I give a quick update on my nyc experience.

The airline checked all our documents in Frankfurt and therefore at JFK it was just the usual passport check. The situation with masks is a bit confusing. I think they are still required in public transport and I say about 90% wore them in the subway. Some places like the Oculus have signs saying they still are required and some places just encourage people to wear masks. From what I’ve gathered most places its a 80/20 split of no mask/mask.

Only place that was quite strict was the Lyrical theater- they checked vaccine passport plus a mask was mandatory the whole time.
And for most museums etc you still need a timeslot and maybe vaccine passport? This might change soon though (I think).

Overall it’s a bit confusing with the rules but at the same time almost like covid is gone

Thought I give a quick update on my nyc experience.

The airline checked all our documents in Frankfurt and therefore at JFK it was just the usual passport check. The situation with masks is a bit confusing. I think they are still required in public transport and I say about 90% wore them in the subway. Some places like the Oculus have signs saying they still are required and some places just encourage people to wear masks. From what I’ve gathered most places its a 80/20 split of no mask/mask.

Only place that was quite strict was the Lyrical theater- they checked vaccine passport plus a mask was mandatory the whole time.
And for most museums etc you still need a timeslot and maybe vaccine passport? This might change soon though (I think).

Overall it’s a bit confusing with the rules but at the same time almost like covid is gone
I have a question about the test for entry to the US!

Is it just the day before (anytime) or 24 hours before your flight? For example my flight to Boston is due to leave at around 11am UK time on a Friday but was told its totally fine to have my test at 8am the Thursday morning before - does that sound right?

@Sunshine489 @noseybirdxo - any Palma and Palma Nova recommendations, please post here as I'm heading there later this year.

My last time in Majorca was as a child in 1999 so I can be considered as somone who has never previously visited 😅

We are due to fly tues and yes, you’re right you can test anytime the day before.

Is it just the day before (anytime) or 24 hours before your flight? For example my flight to Boston is due to leave at around 11am UK time on a Friday but was told its totally fine to have my test at 8am the Thursday morning before - does that sound right?

Yep! I tested Friday at 7am and we left Saturday at 8am. They double checked at the airport which gave me a bit of a scare for a second but it was totally fine.

Going on our first ever family holiday with my 6 & 5 year old girls 😬 Not until end of June. I haven’t been on a holiday since June 2016!!
I’m half excited/half scared & I’m wondering am I off my chuck going for 2 weeks with kids!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
@Sunshine489 @noseybirdxo - any Palma and Palma Nova recommendations, please post here as I'm heading there later this year.

My last time in Majorca was as a child in 1999 so I can be considered as somone who has never previously visited 😅
Siso Beach, Blackbeards, Bondi Beach, Origin in Palma Nova for food/cocktails
In Palma Bar España and Bar Dia for Tapas or Ombu for something a bit fancier.

• Heart
Has anyone flown out of Manchester airport recently? Is it as bad as they are making out on the news?! Due to fly on 23rd April for our first holiday abroad with our toddler and going to see family, some of whom we haven’t seen for 3 years so really hoping firstly that we make our flight and secondly the airport isn’t stressful - I get stressed enough at airports without all this craziness!

Has anyone flown out of Manchester airport recently? Is it as bad as they are making out on the news?! Due to fly on 23rd April for our first holiday abroad with our toddler and going to see family, some of whom we haven’t seen for 3 years so really hoping firstly that we make our flight and secondly the airport isn’t stressful - I get stressed enough at airports without all this craziness!
Apparently it depends on which terminal you’re flying from. Terminal 2 is meant to be the worst, my friend is flying tomorrow so I’ll let you know what she says, but another friend flies next week and has been told to go through security at terminal 1 but to go through a T3 gate according to the airports website.
You’ve got a few weeks so it may well be calm by then, it’s a shortage of staff I believe in addition to extra checks for covid.
Fast track is available but they keep taking it off sale too so that could be worth looking at
Siso Beach, Blackbeards, Bondi Beach, Origin in Palma Nova for food/cocktails
In Palma Bar España and Bar Dia for Tapas or Ombu for something a bit fancier.
Thank you Sunshine 💙

Apparently it depends on which terminal you’re flying from. Terminal 2 is meant to be the worst, my friend is flying tomorrow so I’ll let you know what she says, but another friend flies next week and has been told to go through security at terminal 1 but to go through a T3 gate according to the airports website.
You’ve got a few weeks so it may well be calm by then, it’s a shortage of staff I believe in addition to extra checks for covid.
Fast track is available but they keep taking it off sale too so that could be worth looking at
Thank you, will definitely be good to hear what your friend’s experience is. We’re Terminal 1, I actually thought Terminal 3 was closed but will keep an eye out for updates on gates etc.

I looked into fast track but it’s not available at the time we fly (flight is 6am). I’m hoping that as it’s an early flight the airport might not be as busy but someone I work with got there at 3:30am for a 6am flight last week and didn’t make his flight. Also hoping it won’t be as bad as it’s the weekend after Easter when we fly out so not the busiest time.

The news said Manchester was coping well and security was not over an hour…we flew from Heathrow yesterday and it was easier than I’ve known it in years!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.