Holidays 2022

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Was thinking about booking Amsterdam in June, can't tell if it's a good idea with the current situation in Ukraine (in case it escalates) 😬 am I being over cautious?
I'm going to Poland this month and not too worried.

Reactions: 2
Been looking into Vietnam since people on here saying how amazing it is. What is it like end of feb start of March?

Reactions: 1
Has anyone traveled from the UK to the USA lately?

Just wondered what the process was like for the COVID test before you go?

I'm going next week all being well, we have to have a supervised lateral flow within 24 hours of the flight. You can book what I assume is a zoom type one or in person. We're flying from Heathrow and travelling the day before so booked the evening before

You need to make sure you're lateral flow test is supervised. So either one administered in person or if you are doing a self test it needs to have a video consultation.

We aren't due to visit the US til the late spring, I'm really hoping they drop the test requirement soon.

Anyone done a Singapore/Malaysia holiday? Thinking of going somewhere long haul next year always fancied a few days in singapore then a beach destination in Malaysia somehow.
I went to Malaysia in 2018! Went for two weeks, did KL,
Penang and the perhentian islands!

• Heart
Been looking into Vietnam since people on here saying how amazing it is. What is it like end of feb start of March?
It is great weather then, that is when we go but if you are going to book it make sure you do not travel during TET which is Lunar New Year. Just had a look and it is on 21st - 27th Jan 2023 which is quite early. 2024 is 9th - 15th Feb. Everybody and their granny travels to their home towns and the trains and other transport are packed, lots of shops are closed for a few days and restaurant prices are increased.

It is great weather then, that is when we go but if you are going to book it make sure you do not travel during TET which is Lunar New Year. Just had a look and it is on 21st - 27th Jan 2023 which is quite early. 2024 is 9th - 15th Feb. Everybody and their granny travels to their home towns and the trains and other transport are packed, lots of shops are closed for a few days and restaurant prices are increased.
Thank you! Glad you said as the date I was looking at was the 20th feb. Is there any other time of the year you’d recommend or not recommend? If you know as I know you’ve said you usually got feb/March time.
Other dates that fit for my work schedule so I can get 3 weeks off are May, June, August, September or November.

Thank you! Glad you said as the date I was looking at was the 20th feb. Is there any other time of the year you’d recommend or not recommend? If you know as I know you’ve said you usually got feb/March time.
Other dates that fit for my work schedule so I can get 3 weeks off are May, June, August, September or November.
Here is a when to go guide. https://localvietnam.com/travel-guide/practical/best-time-to-visit-vietnam-weather/
We go in Feb/March/April because I hate the cold in UK so we have always gone away at this time and usually stay in Central.
It can be colder in the North (Hanoi) than central or southern Vietnam.
Your dates are fine .

Does anyone recommend Turkey as a holiday? If so, what area and any particular holidays?

I’m in desperate need of sun and can’t decide where I want to go 😂
I loved it. I've been to Istanbul, Kusadasi, Selcuk and Ancient Ephesus, Kas (near Antalya). Beautiful country, interesting culture, fab accommodation and food. Pretty good value destination. I want to go to Cappadocia next. I highly recommend Turkey.

I loved it. I've been to Istanbul, Kusadasi, Selcuk and Ancient Ephesus, Kas (near Antalya). Beautiful country, interesting culture, fab accommodation and food. Pretty good value destination. I want to go to Cappadocia next. I highly recommend Turkey.
Where would you recommend for just a nice hot chilled holiday?
Is cappadocia the place with all the hot air balloons cos that is on my list 😍😍😍

Where would you recommend for just a nice hot chilled holiday?
Is cappadocia the place with all the hot air balloons cos that is on my list 😍😍😍
I liked Kusadasi, it's your typical resort town with bars and waterparks, but there's a bit to do in the area too - various archeological sites the main one being Ephesus, we did a tour to a cute mountain village too (it was near Selcuk...name escaping me right now). My in laws were in Bodrum and loved it too.

Cappadocia is the place with the hot air balloons, I want to stay in a cave hotel, looks gorgeous.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Can anyone recommend somewhere nice to go in October. Would like warm weather and suitable for kids. We were considering Florida, but it was pricing up at 8grand. I'm also worried, the kids will not be getting vaccinated and someone said the US might make vaccines mandatory for entry. I did consider Mexico but it wasn't much cheaper. Ideally would like to spend less than 4grand for at least a week.
We haven't been away in four years so really want a nice holiday.

• Wow
Can anyone recommend somewhere nice to go in October. Would like warm weather and suitable for kids. We were considering Florida, but it was pricing up at 8grand. I'm also worried, the kids will not be getting vaccinated and someone said the US might make vaccines mandatory for entry. I did consider Mexico but it wasn't much cheaper. Ideally would like to spend less than 4grand for at least a week.
Where would you be flying from?

Any of the London airports x
A little over 4k, obviously i’m not sure what dates you’re restricted to and i had to just make up childrens ages so I don’t know if that changes things, but have a play around. I stayed here in Mexico with my boyfriend and it is a brilliant hotel and resort, it would be great for kids. There’s a massive lazy river too 😂
D3679B4E-2DF6-401A-A91A-CD050F264F8E.png

• Heart
A little over 4k, obviously i’m not sure what dates you’re restricted to and i had to just make up childrens ages so I don’t know if that changes things, but have a play around. I stayed here in Mexico with my boyfriend and it is a brilliant hotel and resort, it would be great for kids. There’s a massive lazy river too 😂 View attachment 1114038
Thank you so much, definitely will have a play around ❤

Cape Verde? We went in October and loved it.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.