Holidays 2022

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m due to go in a couple of weeks. From what I can tell it depends on your vaccination status
we fly out on Sunday but it’s so unclear. Gov site says “may require test on arrival” and emirates says you need a negative PCR!

• Wow
Reactions: 3
we fly out on Sunday but it’s so unclear. Gov site says “may require test on arrival” and emirates says you need a negative PCR!
Do you mean this page? Tourists travelling to, from and through Dubai | Emirates United Kingdom

From 26 February 2022, passengers travelling to Dubai from all countries (GCC included) must fulfil one of the below requirements:

1. Present a valid vaccination certificate(s) reflecting that the passenger is fully vaccinated with a vaccine approved by the WHO or the United Arab Emirates (UAE), and includes a QR code
  2. Present a valid negative COVID‑19 PCR test certificate issued within 48 hours from the time of sample collection to the time of boarding and the certificate must be issued by an approved health service provider with a QR code
  3. Present a valid medical certificate issued by the relevant authorities that the passenger has recovered from COVID‑19 within 1 month from the date of recovery to the date of arrival
If you're vaccinated you'll be fine, otherwise you will need a pcr.

They randomly screen some flights but I don't think they do many any more. Was there in February and didn't see them pulling any planes aside for testing

Anyone recommend where to stay in Tenerife in November, just a couple of us, somewhere with a bit of life!
We stayed at Jardin Tropical on Costa Adeje in Tenerife. Spectacular hotel. Loads of bars and restaurants nearby

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Do you mean this page? Tourists travelling to, from and through Dubai | Emirates United Kingdom

From 26 February 2022, passengers travelling to Dubai from all countries (GCC included) must fulfil one of the below requirements:

1. Present a valid vaccination certificate(s) reflecting that the passenger is fully vaccinated with a vaccine approved by the WHO or the United Arab Emirates (UAE), and includes a QR code
  2. Present a valid negative COVID‑19 PCR test certificate issued within 48 hours from the time of sample collection to the time of boarding and the certificate must be issued by an approved health service provider with a QR code
  3. Present a valid medical certificate issued by the relevant authorities that the passenger has recovered from COVID‑19 within 1 month from the date of recovery to the date of arrival
If you're vaccinated you'll be fine, otherwise you will need a pcr.

They randomly screen some flights but I don't think they do many any more. Was there in February and didn't see them pulling any planes aside for testing
That’s the one! I’m not vaccinated no. Gov site super unclear as it says this:

Entry to Dubai if you’re not fully vaccinated
Unvaccinated travellers from the UK to Dubai may be required to have a COVID-19 PCR test on arrival. Further information is available on the Emirates Airlines website.

The rules for entering and remaining in Dubai may change at short notice. You should check the current requirement from the Emirates Airlines website and on the Emirates News Agency website.

Was just hoping someone might have been more recently and advise if they were asked at checkin etc x

We stayed at Jardin Tropical on Costa Adeje in Tenerife. Spectacular hotel. Loads of bars and restaurants nearby
Anyone been to canaries (love Tenerife) in feb? Really want to go for half term it says the temp is low 20s which is fine but in reality is it actually nice enough weather to be worth it?

Anyone been to canaries (love Tenerife) in feb? Really want to go for half term it says the temp is low 20s which is fine but in reality is it actually nice enough weather to be worth it?
It depends what you want to do.

If you want to sit around sunbathing then no it isn't warm enough for that and the pools will be pretty chilly unless they are heated

If you want to go sight seeing and will be mooching about all day then it will be shorts and t-shirt weather. Will definitely need a cardigan or jumper for the evening.

Reactions: 2
We're going to Rome next Thursday and I cannot wait. Any top recommendations? I've been before (about 15 years ago) but just want to make the most of the time there.

• Heart
We're going to Rome next Thursday and I cannot wait. Any top recommendations? I've been before (about 15 years ago) but just want to make the most of the time there.
We booked a food tour through the Jewish quarter and Trastevere last time and it was so good.

My major tip for Rome is always look up reviews before you sit down to eat. Being busy is not always an indicator of quality. Eat locally too - Romes famous pasta dishes are carbonara, cacio e pepe and amatriciana. Also try suppli - they are yum

I'm not sure if you've seen the Sistine Chapel before but if you haven't warning - the Vatican museums are huge and you have to walk through them to get there

Generally for Rome I think just walking around is such a great activity as there is history on literally every corner. I

Reactions: 3
Anyone have any advice?
We had flights booked for the end of October with RyanAir. Logged in to their website for check in and it said the flights had been cancelled. Followed their website instructions to either refund or change the flights free of charge. So we changed the flights and it made us pay £320 so we paid thinking it won’t get charged or we’d get it back. But now they are saying because we didn’t receive an email to say they were cancelled the charges apply, even though when logged into the website it said they got cancelled and we could change them for free.

Anyone have any advice?
We had flights booked for the end of October with RyanAir. Logged in to their website for check in and it said the flights had been cancelled. Followed their website instructions to either refund or change the flights free of charge. So we changed the flights and it made us pay £320 so we paid thinking it won’t get charged or we’d get it back. But now they are saying because we didn’t receive an email to say they were cancelled the charges apply, even though when logged into the website it said they got cancelled and we could change them for free.
When it said you could change the flights free of charge did you screen shot that? And if it said that then why did you then pay the additional £320 - if you thought it was a free change of flight?

When it said you could change the flights free of charge did you screen shot that? And if it said that then why did you then pay the additional £320 - if you thought it was a free change of flight?
No because we where following their instructions so had no reason to doubt the website. We paid it as we thought it would be refunded or no charge actually taken. My dad thought he had read that it said you may be charged and refunded after.
They are saying as we didn’t get an email they weren’t cancelled but we couldn’t check in and the only two options were to rebook for free or refund otherwise we’d have checked in as we wanted to do when we logged in.

No because we where following their instructions so had no reason to doubt the website. We paid it as we thought it would be refunded or no charge actually taken. My dad thought he had read that it said you may be charged and refunded after.
They are saying as we didn’t get an email they weren’t cancelled but we couldn’t check in and the only two options were to rebook for free or refund otherwise we’d have checked in as we wanted to do when we logged in.
I don’t think there’s much you can do to be honest. You willingly paid for the flight change - it’s not like they’ve taken money from you without you knowing or anything. Did you pay on a credit or debit card?

Reactions: 2
I don’t think there’s much you can do to be honest. You willingly paid for the flight change - it’s not like they’ve taken money from you without you knowing or anything. Did you pay on a credit or debit card?
My dad said he read you can be charged but it’ll be refunded. That’s stupid if not as we would not have changed the flights if the website didn’t say they were cancelled so it’s completely their fault? I don’t see how we can be blamed in the slightest as we were trying to check in and were unable as they said they were cancelled. If you’d we that the obviously you’d do something about it? Also you’d do it asap as you’d want to make sure you get another flight?

My dad said he read you can be charged but it’ll be refunded. That’s stupid if not as we would not have changed the flights if the website didn’t say they were cancelled so it’s completely their fault? I don’t see how we can be blamed in the slightest as we were trying to check in and were unable as they said they were cancelled. If you’d we that the obviously you’d do something about it? Also you’d do it asap as you’d want to make sure you get another flight?
Have you spoken to them at all? If you’ve paid by credit card you can try to get your money back via the card company.

Have you spoken to them at all? If you’ve paid by credit card you can try to get your money back via the card company.
Yeah on their online chat as the phone lines are closed. They said as we didn’t get an email to confirmed the flights were cancelled then they weren’t confirmed cancelled so we can’t get a refund.
Doesn’t make sense as their website said they were cancelled so we followed the website to rebook! Imo shouldn’t matter if we didn’t get an email as we wouldn’t have done it if their website didn’t say it!

Yeah on their online chat as the phone lines are closed. They said as we didn’t get an email to confirmed the flights were cancelled then they weren’t confirmed cancelled so we can’t get a refund.
Doesn’t make sense as their website said they were cancelled so we followed the website to rebook! Imo shouldn’t matter if we didn’t get an email as we wouldn’t have done it if their website didn’t say it!
I think it’s just one of those things you’re going to have to just chalk up to experience. For me, if I’m reading something telling me I get a free flight change - and then I’m being asked to make a payment- that would be a red flag to just stop the process and give them a call or whatever.

Reactions: 6
Has anyone been to Cuba? We've booked to go in January and I can't wait!

Stopping in Varadero but definitely want to do a trip to Havana.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Has anyone been to Cuba? We've booked to go in January and I can't wait!

Stopping in Varadero but definitely want to do a trip to Havana.
Yep! I absolutely loved it BUT you have to go knowing what to expect, which I did. We visited Havana and Cayo Coco. Varadero is the most 'westernised' resort and most similar to other resorts you might find in the Caribbean. The beaches are out of this world.

Cuba is an extremely poor country and a 5 star hotel there is not the same as a 5 star elsewhere. They often have food and fuel shortages which can sometimes affect the hotels. Havana is a city like no other, it's like being back in another time. Beautiful buildings that are completely dilapidated next to plush hotels in the centre and old cars everywhere. It's full of music and food and life. It's an incredible place. I'd advise you go with a guide to avoid any tourist scams.

The people are so friendly and want to learn about other places in the world as many have never left the country. It's a beautiful country and so worth exploring on tours if you like that sort of thing.

So I'd say as long as you know things will be a bit rough around the edges and things might not work quite the same, you'll love it. People tend to be disappointed when they go expecting it to be like Mexico or Dom Rep.

I'd go back in a heartbeat. If you have any questions, give me a shout.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.