Holidays 2022

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Asides from getting food poisoning it was great ahaha! But I got that on a boat. Thanks for asking though :)

People are quite persistent in asking you to go into their bars this year, especially on the sea front. Very hot there at the moment too.

Alcohol is quite pricey at the moment if you drink. Food still cheap though! Resort seemed quieter than normal but I wonder if that’s because people went earlier in the year :)
Tbf, they need the tourists money more than ever
Turkish money is in constant depreciation (for months) and the cost of basic products is very high for the Turkish residents.

I’m going to Rhodes in just over a week, has anyone got any recommendations of things to do? Must see’s? Restaurants etc. I’ve never been to proper Greece so I’m really excited (only been to Zante on a girls holiday 😂)

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I’m going to Rhodes in just over a week, has anyone got any recommendations of things to do? Must see’s? Restaurants etc. I’ve never been to proper Greece so I’m really excited (only been to Zante on a girls holiday 😂)
I know Rhodes very well. Which resort will you be in so I can recommend some restaurants.

You must hire a car!

My favourite places to visit are: Kritinia Castle, Monolithos Castle, Rhodes Old Town, Lindos, Prasonissi is cool (where the two seas meet). If you like weird stuff, visit the village of Eleousa as it's an abandoned old Nazi village which is cool for urban exploring. If you have the right car, a drive up to the top of Mt Attaviros gives incredible views.

But my favourite thing to do is just get a map and head to where you fancy. So many pretty villages and little beaches.

I know Rhodes very well. Which resort will you be in so I can recommend some restaurants.

You must hire a car!

My favourite places to visit are: Kritinia Castle, Monolithos Castle, Rhodes Old Town, Lindos, Prasonissi is cool (where the two seas meet). If you like weird stuff, visit the village of Eleousa as it's an abandoned old Nazi village which is cool for urban exploring. If you have the right car, a drive up to the top of Mt Attaviros gives incredible views.

But my favourite thing to do is just get a map and head to where you fancy. So many pretty villages and little beaches.
We’re staying at Eden Roc Resort, which is in Kalithea I think. We’d like to go to the Springs and the cat sanctuary that’s there that looks after all the strays on the island 😂 We’d definitely like to go to Lindos but still trying to decide whether to get a boat trip or the bus there and we want to see the Acropolis… and we want to go to Rhodes Old Town but not sure when to go to these, day or night and how long to spend there?

We’re staying at Eden Roc Resort, which is in Kalithea I think. We’d like to go to the Springs and the cat sanctuary that’s there that looks after all the strays on the island 😂 We’d definitely like to go to Lindos but still trying to decide whether to get a boat trip or the bus there and we want to see the Acropolis… and we want to go to Rhodes Old Town but not sure when to go to these, day or night and how long to spend there?
Both can be visited day or night. You are in quite a good location in that you aren't too far from either. However I'd say it'll be easier/cheaper to visit the old town at night if you wanted to Vs the acropolis as you're nearer to the old town. Both places are best visited as early as possible to beat the crowds.

Tbf, they need the tourists money more than ever
Turkish money is in constant depreciation (for months) and the cost of basic products is very high for the Turkish residents.
It must be very hard if you’re earning lira.

I ended up convincing him to go to one of the hotels I chose. Which should also leave me enough money go go elsewhere at another time on my own

Has anyone flew with sun express before? Never heard of them before but I see they are joint venture between Turkish airlines and Lufthansa so hopefully will be ok
i've flown with them they were fine.

Just booked for Riga, I will be going on the 18th Sept, I will have 3 full days there so thinking of doing a day trip on one of the days. Any tips?

Has anyone got a private transfer from Palma airport in Majorca with a car seat? There’s 5 of us and we arrive late so don’t want to wait for shared shuttle plus it would take much longer to get to our hotel. Was looking at transfers through holiday extras (who also supply easyJet transfers) but they just don’t provide car seats. Anyone know any reputable companies in Majorca that do?

ETA: it’s for a nearly 3 year old so needs more than a booster.

We were actually in Eden Roc Kalithea this summer, our 3rd visit. I have 2 older teens (+ one 20 yo :0 ) and they still love it.

Food is fab (buffet & a la carte), love the beach bar and its been refurbished recently. Entertainment is a bit naff, but enjoyable :LOL:

We were actually in Eden Roc Kalithea this summer, our 3rd visit. I have 2 older teens (+ one 20 yo :0 ) and they still love it.

Food is fab (buffet & a la carte), love the beach bar and its been refurbished recently. Entertainment is a bit naff, but enjoyable :LOL:
Ah really? Our first time and i’m really excited! What a la carte restaurants did you do? My boyfriend is a fussy eater haha! Did you do any excursions? My friend stayed there earlier in the summer and did a boat trip to Lindos, I wouldn’t mind getting a boat there but I wouldn’t wanna be like dictated to timing wise as feel it would be a long day and maybe a bus would be better x

Has anyone got a private transfer from Palma airport in Majorca with a car seat? There’s 5 of us and we arrive late so don’t want to wait for shared shuttle plus it would take much longer to get to our hotel. Was looking at transfers through holiday extras (who also supply easyJet transfers) but they just don’t provide car seats. Anyone know any reputable companies in Majorca that do?

ETA: it’s for a nearly 3 year old so needs more than a booster.
Not been Majorca but anywhere I’ve ever been on holiday with children we always get private transfer because it’s more practical and they have always had car seats because they know children are on the booking id never even have thought they might not! We usually travel jet2 and get the private transfers through them if it’s an option for you?

We stayed at the Eden resort last Oct half term and absolutely loved it! Was a fantastic family week - all Inc, kids played in pool all week and the food was lush!!! Can’t speak for anything else around as we barely left! Evening entertainment was naff but family fun and the villas were awesome!

• Heart
I stayed at the Eden Roc in Rhodes earlier this year and loved it! Food was amazing for an all inclusive resort.

Any tips on Albuferia/The algarve in October?
I visited before in June/July and hated it, it just felt so tacky and full of stag doos 😞 the pool and the sea was too cold to get in and at night I had to buy a jacket as it was so cold which I didn't expect!

Where’s everyone off to for a city break this winter? 💕 wanted to go to amsterdam but we don’t meet the entry requirements ☹

so we need some new options for October time

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Where’s everyone off to for a city break this winter? 💕 wanted to go to amsterdam but we don’t meet the entry requirements ☹

I've got Edinburgh booked in December and I'm thinking about going to visit a friend in Malaga in November 🤗

• Heart

That’s a shame! We wanted Amsterdam too in November but don’t meet entry requirements either! Aw well.
We have booked Vilamoura for the end of October and Paris for middle of February!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
Hello! Does anyone have any recommendations for Mykonos please - we’re there for a couple of days, so need some dinner options and things to do if possible!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.