Holidays 2022

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is a fear I have every time we fly. As soon as our cases come on the conveyor belt I can relax. Did you tie anything around your case to make it easily distinguishable? Can you ask your travel agent to get involved in the search? I feel for you, and hope your case is soon recovered. 💕
I didn’t tie anything on it but it’s huge and light pink so I hope they helps! We don’t have a travel agent and my partner is on holiday again with his daughter so I’m spending what feels like my life on hold to try and get any update. If I have to travel again in this chaos it’ll be hand luggage only!
Thank you for your kind words, I know ‘it’s only stuff’ but my stuff meant a lot to me!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
My friend asked me about going on a cruise. I get seasick but I’ve been told that on a cruise it’s unlikely I’d feel seasick. Just wondering if anyone has any experience?
I even felt seasick once walking on a walkway across the sea by just looking at the sea as I walked. Day trips on boats I can cope with as I know I’ll have a good time even if I’m sick/feel sick. The only place I never felt seasick on any boat and we went on a few was in Thailand no idea why. I don’t find travel sickness tablets worked for me on boats.
I have vertigo and awful on boats - did go on a cruise with my hubby this year and was absolutely fine from start to finish
The only time I felt slightly sick was if I looked out of the window when ship was moving - so obvs I didn’t 😂
But we did have smooth sailing throughout

I have vertigo and awful on boats - did go on a cruise with my hubby this year and was absolutely fine from start to finish
The only time I felt slightly sick was if I looked out of the window when ship was moving - so obvs I didn’t 😂
But we did have smooth sailing throughout
I’m the same I get terrible motion sickness, in cars and boats! But I was fine on the cruise I did take sea bands just incase

Last night I was kept awake by hubbys snoring so booked the Norwegian Fjords cruise for next year I haven’t told him yet🤭

• Heart
Reactions: 2
What have everyone’s experiences of delayed/lost luggage been recently? Ours got left at Vienna on Sunday and world tracer says ‘continuing to trace’. There were really sentimentally valuable things in our case and things compensation won’t cover. I’m really anxious about it and hoping to get an idea of what to expect from others. Thanks in advance!
I’m so sorry. I’m afraid there’s not much you can do other than wait and hope for the best. What airline was it with? I know some just need time to get the luggage back but it’s not actually “lost”.

We had luck with ours yesterday (Düsseldorf to Fuerteventura) but packed a carry on with a change of clothes and all the things I couldn’t stand the thought of loosing. Was annoying to travel with a total of four suitcases but it’s such a huge problem atm (especially at Düsseldorf airport)

I’m so sorry. I’m afraid there’s not much you can do other than wait and hope for the best. What airline was it with? I know some just need time to get the luggage back but it’s not actually “lost”.

We had luck with ours yesterday (Düsseldorf to Fuerteventura) but packed a carry on with a change of clothes and all the things I couldn’t stand the thought of loosing. Was annoying to travel with a total of four suitcases but it’s such a huge problem atm (especially at Düsseldorf airport)

Thank you.
It was with Wizz airlines who I don’t recommend at all! My partner did a lot of the booking for this trip and I have learnt that it is best not to allow that in future!

Thankfully I got a number for Menzies Aviation who handle the baggage and they’ve been excellent. You have to wait on hold a long time but their staff have really helped. I’ve just spoken to someone who followed up their colleagues work and the bag ought to be on the next flight to Gatwick tonight, after which they’ll call me to arrange delivery! I’ll be thrilled if it all comes off.

And for anyone in my situation, I think persistence and finding out who handles the baggage for your airline at that airport is key.

Happy to speak to anyone else who might stumble on this post in their desperate quest for help! I’ve been Googling for days 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 3
You can buy small GPS trackers that you can pop in your luggage when flying. That way it it goes missing you’ll be able to locate it and retrieve it faster.

I’m back 😁😁😁
Really wanting to go on a city break to France or Netherlands in the next couple of months.

Okay call me naive !!! But I enquired about staying at Chewton Glen for next Christmas in the treehouse suite me hubby and 3 children ….honestly I expected it to be expensive say £3/4000 ish …… from 23-27th dec 23 ….

£12, 525 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

and they said 2023 Xmas would see a price increase !!!! Wow wow wow that’s a 2 weeker in the Maldives!!!!!!!!

seriously England needs to get over itself… even center parcs wanted £4500 for a 5 night break over Xmas!!!!!!
And a “luxury lodge” in Hemsby for 7 nights was £3500 over Xmas 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

literally would rather spend on going abroad now ! Sadly I would love to keep my money in the UK but we are just bleeping ourselves over big time !!!!

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Okay call me naive !!! But I enquired about staying at Chewton Glen for next Christmas in the treehouse suite me hubby and 3 children ….honestly I expected it to be expensive say £3/4000 ish …… from 23-27th dec 23 ….

£12, 525 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

and they said 2023 Xmas would see a price increase !!!! Wow wow wow that’s a 2 weeker in the Maldives!!!!!!!!

seriously England needs to get over itself… even center parcs wanted £4500 for a 5 night break over Xmas!!!!!!
And a “luxury lodge” in Hemsby for 7 nights was £3500 over Xmas 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

literally would rather spend on going abroad now ! Sadly I would love to keep my money in the UK but we are just bleeping ourselves over big time !!!!
On the local news the other day there was a piece about Potters.

And they were talking to families that had spent £7k for 5 days!!! Like...seriously??? Can go abroad for that. My husband and I were both shocked that people would pay that for a holiday park in Norfolk!

• Wow
Would you say it was too hot when you went? Not sure whether to book in May, June or July. Was it just Cappadocia you went to? Or did you go other places as well?
We did Istanbul and cappadocia , but a lot of others were tying the trips in with Antalya, bodrum and pamukalke (spelling?).

i found july to be very hot, would suggest going end of May or kune.

I think a lot of you need to relax on this thread. There is no need to call me a snob and ignorant. If I don’t want to go to Europe, I don’t want to go to Europe . It is really that simple. If I say “I find Europe boring and I have also enjoyed holidays in Europe” that is my opinion and my experience. You do not need to be offended and personally attacked. You are rude as hell.

that is totally fine about Cancun, I’m still planning whether I actually want to go there, or just Tulum and explore places in Mexico.

i also didn’t plan to just do “beach holidays” for my 30th. Whether I went to St Lucia for the body holiday or Mexico, or wherever else I decide I was going to fully explore and enjoy the holiday and not just sit on the beach.
And if I did decide to that, and still said I find Europe boring then so be it. Relax

hey hey, thanks.It was very condescending, and that’s why I chose not to respond.
Totally agree with everything else you said, re: MEXiCO, still exploring my options. I’m going to extend it to at least 10 days, and I might leave Cancun out and instead do Playa de Carmen (although I’ve heard mixed things), might go to Cozumel for a few nights on my way to Tulum, and also there are other places that have been suggested and I’ve comes across from my research that I’m thinking of incorporating.
I’m really excited to visit tulum, it’s absolutely stunning and I’ve heard great things.
Might do Cancun/Playa de C x Cozumel x Tulum depending

we’ll see!
I’ve done St Lucia and was amazing. We spent a week there, and explored the whole country. There is so much to do and would recommend. Just don’t go during hurricane season!
Mexico is on my list - would love to do Mexico City, Oaxaca and cancun!

• Heart

£12, 525 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

We did 2 weeks in Thailand over Christmas a few years ago. Amazing weather and food. Not remotely close to 12k. Would thoroughly recommend it.

We did 2 weeks in Thailand over Christmas a few years ago. Amazing weather and food. Not remotely close to 12k. Would thoroughly recommend it.
Do you have a rough itinerary of your trip pls as I’m planning to do the same during Xmas this year?

• Heart
Do you have a rough itinerary of your trip pls as I’m planning to do the same during Xmas this year?
Ofc. It depends on where you want to see and go. At this time of year, the Andaman coast is best in terms of beach weather. We did Bangkok then flew to Chiang Mai, then down to Phuket before finishing in Krabi. There was also a single night staying on Phi Phi too. This was just over 2 weeks. In terms of beach, coastal places I preferred Krabi over Phuket.

Going to Turkey on Thursday. Was meant to be going to Zante but TUI’s app glitched and cancelled our holiday :(

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I don't think there's been a thread posted for this year so thought it might be nice to share our plans and general holiday chit chat

What's everyone planning for this year?
my husband and i are going to turkey in october for a week

Just back from Lisbon and would 100% recommend! Think it’s now my favourite european city x

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.