Holidays 2022

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Looking at holidays for me and a family member. I think I find the perfect one then they’d say oh I want it to have ….
I find that thing then they’ll add something else on. Or they’ll be like no I don’t like the decor or can’t see a proper picture of how the room looks.
By the way my options I’ve given him are 5* rated on trip advisor (mostly if not the 4.5*), 5* hotels.
I don’t want to spend too much as I’d rather have two good holidays than one super expensive holiday.
Do I just let him pick? Even though I know he won’t research reviews and will just go of management pictures of the hotel, just because I am putting effort into it and it seems impossible to find everything he wants.
But also if something isn’t perfect then he’ll probably spend the whole holiday complaining. Which does worry me about going all inclusive with him as I’m sure he’ll complain about the food.
Why are you even considering going on holiday with this person?! He sounds like a bloody nightmare.

Reactions: 5
Why are you even considering going on holiday with this person?! He sounds like a bloody nightmare.
I usually go on holiday with them so it’s awkward to go with someone else - although I want to go alone but they’d be annoyed if I did that. So my plan is to go with them and then go alone as well - that’s why I’m looking for a not so expensive holiday with them! But it’s seeming impossible

Where’s nice end of October / beginning of November for around 4/5 nights with children?
Thinking Portugal or Spain but not sure. Has anyone any recommendations for hotels or areas in either of those places? Been looking at Vilamoura but never been that time of year.
Love vilamoura, Olhos de aqua nearby is lovely too it’s a little fishing village, quiet with a number of local restaurants

Reactions: 2
I usually go on holiday with them so it’s awkward to go with someone else - although I want to go alone but they’d be annoyed if I did that. So my plan is to go with them and then go alone as well - that’s why I’m looking for a not so expensive holiday with them! But it’s seeming impossible
That’s ridiculous. What is the relationship between the two of you??

You are supposed to have a good time on holidays. Don't let anybody ruin it, not even a cousin. Just say the truth. He's too complicated, and you don't want to spend all that money either and you'd rather go alone this time.

Reactions: 4
You are supposed to have a good time on holidays. Don't let anybody ruin it, not even a cousin. Just say the truth. He's too complicated, and you don't want to spend all that money either and you'd rather go alone this time.
We are the same age so best friends as well. I’m going away alone this year which makes me feel more awkward to say this again next year

Reactions: 1
We are the same age so best friends as well. I’m going away alone this year which makes me feel more awkward to say this again next year
Why can’t you just tell him he’s being an awkward bastard?! Why are you walking on eggshells?! If he’s your “best friend” you should be able to just tell him instead of all this cloak &
Dagger.

Reactions: 4
Why can’t you just tell him he’s being an awkward bastard?! Why are you walking on eggshells?! If he’s your “best friend” you should be able to just tell him instead of all this cloak &
Dagger.
We are going to book it in person so I’ll say something then rather over message

We are going to book it in person so I’ll say something then rather over message
I ended up convincing him to go to one of the hotels I chose. Which should also leave me enough money go go elsewhere at another time on my own

Has anyone flew with sun express before? Never heard of them before but I see they are joint venture between Turkish airlines and Lufthansa so hopefully will be ok

Last edited:
I ended up convincing him to go to one of the hotels I chose. Which should also leave me enough money go go elsewhere at another time on my own

Has anyone flew with sun express before? Never heard of them before but I see they are joint venture between Turkish airlines and Lufthansa so hopefully will be ok
Sun express can go both ways. Know people who had great experiences and people who ... didn't. They're basically a turkish Tui

Evening all 😄

has anyone been to Marmaris in Turkey recently? I’d like to know whats the shops situation, are they all open or are some shut/low stock of stuff? Also, did you change money over here or over there? What’s better value for money?

Evening all 😄

has anyone been to Marmaris in Turkey recently? I’d like to know whats the shops situation, are they all open or are some shut/low stock of stuff? Also, did you change money over here or over there? What’s better value for money?
I am literally here now.

All shops open. Seem to have gear in but I haven’t been fake shopping yet if that’s what you mean but they seem to have everything in from when I’ve walked past.

We always take £££ and change to lira in restaurants or just spend pounds. Everywhere accepts them.

Enjoy your holiday!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I am literally here now.

All shops open. Seem to have gear in but I haven’t been fake shopping yet if that’s what you mean but they seem to have everything in from when I’ve walked past.

We always take £££ and change to lira in restaurants or just spend pounds. Everywhere accepts them.

Enjoy your holiday!
Thankyou! You too!

Anybody been to Ibiza recently for a family holiday and if so what/where do you recommend for food, bars, sightseeing etc? :)

I am literally here now.

Enjoy your holiday!
How was/is your holiday going? any feedback/comments/things to be aware of?

• Heart
How was/is your holiday going? any feedback/comments/things to be aware of?
Asides from getting food poisoning it was great ahaha! But I got that on a boat. Thanks for asking though :)

People are quite persistent in asking you to go into their bars this year, especially on the sea front. Very hot there at the moment too.

Alcohol is quite pricey at the moment if you drink. Food still cheap though! Resort seemed quieter than normal but I wonder if that’s because people went earlier in the year :)

• Wow
Asides from getting food poisoning it was great ahaha! But I got that on a boat. Thanks for asking though :)

People are quite persistent in asking you to go into their bars this year, especially on the sea front. Very hot there at the moment too.

Alcohol is quite pricey at the moment if you drink. Food still cheap though! Resort seemed quieter than normal but I wonder if that’s because people went earlier in the year :)
Oh noooo was that through an excursion? I hope it didn’t ruin the rest of your holiday!
that’s really good to know, Thankyou!
what were the shops like In the end? Good current stock?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.