Holidays 2022

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks so much for the replies! It’s £29 pp - which I don’t think is bad at all. We thought it would help with the current airport chaos?
That sounds totally worthwhile to me. You could easily spend that in the airport restaurants anyway with a meal and some drinks.

Reactions: 3
My friend asked me about going on a cruise. I get seasick but I’ve been told that on a cruise it’s unlikely I’d feel seasick. Just wondering if anyone has any experience?
I even felt seasick once walking on a walkway across the sea by just looking at the sea as I walked. Day trips on boats I can cope with as I know I’ll have a good time even if I’m sick/feel sick. The only place I never felt seasick on any boat and we went on a few was in Thailand no idea why. I don’t find travel sickness tablets worked for me on boats.

Reactions: 1
Following on from my last post on this thread, can anyone who has been to Croatia recommend some great places to eat around Babin Kuk?
Thanks! :)

Following on from my last post on this thread, can anyone who has been to Croatia recommend some great places to eat around Babin Kuk?
Thanks! :)
Pivnica Dubrava was nice when stayed in Babin Kuk.

We are off to the Isle of Man and Northern Ireland on Friday. Weather looks good for NI... While we're in IOM! Forecast rain all week 😕 still, might be glad of it after the heatwave this week!

Were hoping to meet up with some people we met on a cruise in February, they've kindly invited us to go for dinner and show us a bit of their part of the world, which will be nice 😊 any tips for things to see and do in either of these places would be welcome. We'll have the car so hoping to see as much as we can.

We were hoping to fit in a short cruise round the Greek Islands at the end of August, prices are really cheap at the moment, however flights cost 3x more than the cruise so I don't think it'll happen!

My friend asked me about going on a cruise. I get seasick but I’ve been told that on a cruise it’s unlikely I’d feel seasick. Just wondering if anyone has any experience?
I even felt seasick once walking on a walkway across the sea by just looking at the sea as I walked. Day trips on boats I can cope with as I know I’ll have a good time even if I’m sick/feel sick. The only place I never felt seasick on any boat and we went on a few was in Thailand no idea why. I don’t find travel sickness tablets worked for me on boats.
It's very unlikely you'd get seasick on a cruise, the ships are very stable and if you were to go to the Med, Aegean, Adriatic, Caribbean etc the seas are usually very calm. I've cruised many times and can honestly say I've never felt much movement, in fact once I had to look out of the window to check we were actually moving as I couldn't tell 🤣

There are things you can do to minimise it, eg book a cabin low down on the ship and towards the middle, as these are the most stable areas and there are remedies you can take.

Last edited:
Finally booked my holiday in Malta :love: found a lovely boutique hotel downtown xxx anyone been there that could let me know what are the best sightseeings and restaurants?

• Heart
Oh Malta is gorgeous! Would highly recommend the ferry over to Gozo, a couple of hours wandering round Mdina, the Upper Barracka Gardens in Valetta, and Bridge Bar in Valetta (live jazz music on a friday night). Highly recommend a bistro called Crust near Spinola Bay - we enjoyed it so much we went back a second time. Really recommend the buses, I think you can buy like multi-trip tickets and they are so easy to use and a great way to get around!

• Heart
The times of some flights I just booked for changed which meant I would’ve had a 16hour over night layover in Vienna. I’ve requested a refund but looking at other flights do you think it’s worth paying £100 extra not to have the flight home to be at 3:30am? And has anyone had a connecting flight in Frankfurt is 1hour long enough?

The times of some flights I just booked for changed which meant I would’ve had a 16hour over night layover in Vienna. I’ve requested a refund but looking at other flights do you think it’s worth paying £100 extra not to have the flight home to be at 3:30am? And has anyone had a connecting flight in Frankfurt is 1hour long enough?
Frankfurt is quite massive but it should be fine. Will you have luggage? That might be a problem and it could get stuck there.

Can't advise on connecting flights but I would always pay extra to not be flying home late at night or early in the morning.

Most check out times are 11am or midday. So nothing worse than having to lug bags around or leaving them at the hotel in a luggage room and worrying about it all day. And then when you want to sleep you're dealing with security etc.

Reactions: 2
Frankfurt is quite massive but it should be fine. Will you have luggage? That might be a problem and it could get stuck there.
I was just going to take hand luggage but I’m not 100% sure yet. I’m going for 12 nights so not sure it’ll fit in hand luggage only.
Can't advise on connecting flights but I would always pay extra to not be flying home late at night or early in the morning.

Most check out times are 11am or midday. So nothing worse than having to lug bags around or leaving them at the hotel in a luggage room and worrying about it all day. And then when you want to sleep you're dealing with security etc.
Yeah my original flight was 3:50am my plan was to relax at the hotel pool all day and later on go to the hotel spa for a massage and facial. But now I’m thinking I’ll just pay the extra £100 as the spa treatments cost more. My original flight was I think £100 cheaper than this early morning one

Where are you flying from? If you are entering from outside the Schengen zone may need to clear immigration.

Sorry, I should have asked your whole route. Like your origin and final destination.
Oh sorry, one option would be Manchester layover in Frankfurt to Amman and the same layover on the way back. The other option was Manchester to Istanbul to Amman either the same layover in the way back.

Oh sorry, one option would be Manchester layover in Frankfurt to Amman and the same layover on the way back. The other option was Manchester to Istanbul to Amman either the same layover in the way back.
1 hour could be Ok in Frankfurt as they have an international transit area i.e. no need to clear Schengen border because you aren't entering it. If you do have to do any security or passport clearance though I think you're stuffed! If you have checked bags and they do transfer for them for you - an hour is (potentially) not enough time so your bags might arrive on a later flight.

Reactions: 2
Going to take a good read through this thread, but before I do, I’m doing a driving holiday with my 3.5 year old in September, we have two options either drive from Calais down to southern France, or get the boat from Harwich and drive from the Netherlands, on to the auto bahn and make our way up to Sweden.
ive never driven on the other side of the road, but I’m a pretty confident driver with a lot of miles under my belt, saying that though I would welcome any advice about driving on the other side of the road, and also beautiful beaches to visit on the south of France and places to visit in Sweden, both need to be little one friendly!

We are off to Turkey next week 🤩 went for 2 weeks in June but just got a week this time , flew from Manchester last month (nightmare) but going from Liverpool this time so hoping we don't have any issues, got a fast pass just in case 🤞

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.