Holidays 2022

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Where currently is the cheapest place to buy Euros? Only need €150.
I've always used currency online group, not much difference in it at the moment but in the past their rates have been much better than elsewhere

Reactions: 1
I'm having kittens thinking about travelling from Manchester airport in the morning, have to get up at 5am

• Heart
two of my separate clients flew out of there yesterday and both said it was crazy busy, i'd say it would be worth paying for the fast track based on that!

yes i'm from there 😊 agreed cavtat is lovely and you can reach dubrovnik via boat. if you still want to be somewhere closer, definitely stay in the lapad area rather than the old town. the old town is busy, noisy and expensive. charming of course but lapad is close enough so no need to stay right in the centre. i'd recommend doing the city walls and a big tip is that the ticket to the city walls includes a ticket to the st lawrence fortress as well, and you can visit the 2 parts within 3 days, it doesn't have to be on the same day. next to that fort is dodo beach bar, highly recommended for cocktails!

locals' favourite restaurants would be pantarul for traditional food with a modern twist, trinity/shizuku for asian fusion (amaaazing) and kamenice for local seafood. don't get the local taxis as they're really expensive, use uber because it's very fast (less than 5 minute wait wherever you are) and much cheaper. also you can feel 100% safe, in taxis or anywhere really, we have literally 0% crime here. it's also very clean! and not too busy just yet.

my top suggestion would going to lokrum island, 10 min boat ride from the old town, there are peacocks there and it's incredibly beautiful 🦚 keep in mind that it's very warm here right now, it was 30+ degrees celsius today so definitely bring swimwear and go to a beach or do a boat trip. most houses have air conditioning so they should be fine in their accommodation but it's very warm outside for sure. lots of sunblock and spf, and aloe vera for after.

i do hope this is useful - sorry for the rant, i'm a tour guide so i kind of get passionate about this 😂
if you have any specific questions let me know and i wish a lovely holiday to your friend! ☀
Hope you don’t mind me quoting you, we’re headed for Dubrovnik at the end of august staying at the royal princess, I think it’s in the lapad Bay Area! It’ll be our first time out there im so excited after reading your post 🥰 any recommendations for places to go with children out there? The boat trip to lokrum where you can see the peacocks sounds amazing will definitely try to do that while we’re there!

• Heart
Hope you don’t mind me quoting you, we’re headed for Dubrovnik at the end of august staying at the royal princess, I think it’s in the lapad Bay Area! It’ll be our first time out there im so excited after reading your post 🥰 any recommendations for places to go with children out there? The boat trip to lokrum where you can see the peacocks sounds amazing will definitely try to do that while we’re there!
of course! 😊 yes lokrum would be my number 1 recommendation for visiting with kids. also a few beaches like copacabana and sunset beach have blowup sea playgrounds which they might enjoy. and you could do a 3 island trip on a galleon which looks like a pirate ship if they like things like that 😄

• Heart
of course! 😊 yes lokrum would be my number 1 recommendation for visiting with kids. also a few beaches like copacabana and sunset beach have blowup sea playgrounds which they might enjoy. and you could do a 3 island trip on a galleon which looks like a pirate ship if they like things like that 😄
Thank you so much that’s amazing!! Will definitely try and fit all of these in sounds right up our street! Eeeek I’m so excited now 🥰🥰🥰🥰 thank you!!

• Heart
We are going to cornwall on saturday, but the fly in the ointment is hubby working abroad monday to friday and by the time he has disembarked and got back home on friday we are looking at 11pm if his return flight is delayed significantly we could loose a day of our holiday (if he is delayed we cant travel as he will be overtired to drive and i cant do motorways!!). As it is i am having to do all the prep and packing for both of us!

• Heart
Thank you so much that’s amazing!! Will definitely try and fit all of these in sounds right up our street! Eeeek I’m so excited now 🥰🥰🥰🥰 thank you!!
you're welcome! 😊

here's a little pic from today for anyone visiting

1093BA91-A5A3-4456-B33F-A2E5B6779709.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Tui is the largest tourism group in Europe, German owned and absolutely massive. It isn’t going into administration 🙈

flew with them the last week - no probs at all, but didn’t fly from Manchester which just seems to be a total tit show

Reactions: 2
Tui is the largest tourism group in Europe, German owned and absolutely massive. It isn’t going into administration 🙈

flew with them the last week - no probs at all, but didn’t fly from Manchester which just seems to be a total tit show
We are flying with them in 2 weeks. Thankfully not from Manchester.

Seems like my local airport is struggling air side because people are turning up so early for their flight, getting through security quickly and then they are all wanting to eat in the restaurants/bars and they can't cope with demand!

We have booked the lounge so hopefully won't have the same issue.

We are flying with them in 2 weeks. Thankfully not from Manchester.

Seems like my local airport is struggling air side because people are turning up so early for their flight, getting through security quickly and then they are all wanting to eat in the restaurants/bars and they can't cope with demand!

We have booked the lounge so hopefully won't have the same issue.
Hopefully it calms down - won’t be school holidays then so shouldn’t be as bad as it has been the last week!

Hopefully it calms down - won’t be school holidays then so shouldn’t be as bad as it has been the last week!
I know keeping everything crossed it is smooth.

So glad I don't have to go away in school holidays

Palma is amazing, it'll be worth it once you arrive!
Hi it was a breeze in the end, security with fast track from terminal 3 took about 20 mins, without fast track looked like it would take about an hour. Airport was very busy though with queues for the bar and costa, though I had 3 hours to kill anyway!. Currently sat on my balcony with my duty free :).

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Hi it was a breeze in the end, security with fast track from terminal 3 took about 20 mins, without fast track looked like it would take about an hour. Airport was very busy though with queues for the bar and costa, though I had 3 hours to kill anyway!. Currently sat on my balcony with my duty free :).
phew! Glad it was better than you imagined - I hope you have a really good holiday 😎

• Heart
Reactions: 3
i've just booked Edinburgh in December for my bf's 30th - he's always wanted to go, we'll be there the week leading up to Christmas so i can only imagine how beautiful it'll be! I told him he has 6 months of me playing bagpipe videos on youtube and repeating everything i say in a Scottish accent 😅

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
i've just booked Edinburgh in December for my bf's 30th - he's always wanted to go, we'll be there the week leading up to Christmas so i can only imagine how beautiful it'll be! I told him he has 6 months of me playing bagpipe videos on youtube and repeating everything i say in a Scottish accent 😅
my favourite city in the world, have fun 💚💚

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.