Holidays 2022

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I stayed in Lapad a few years ago and we stayed at Valamar Argosy- it was very nice. The pool area and the view from it is amazing. The beach is just gorgeous. The bus is super cheap into Dubrovnik but there are even little restaurants out there as well. Thoroughly recommend.

My recommendation as a tourist is if you are walking the walls (a must do if you are physically able) do it first thing in the morning before it gets too hot and busy. We were actually able to walk around them as opposed to queue.
two of my separate clients flew out of there yesterday and both said it was crazy busy, i'd say it would be worth paying for the fast track based on that!

yes i'm from there 😊 agreed cavtat is lovely and you can reach dubrovnik via boat. if you still want to be somewhere closer, definitely stay in the lapad area rather than the old town. the old town is busy, noisy and expensive. charming of course but lapad is close enough so no need to stay right in the centre. i'd recommend doing the city walls and a big tip is that the ticket to the city walls includes a ticket to the st lawrence fortress as well, and you can visit the 2 parts within 3 days, it doesn't have to be on the same day. next to that fort is dodo beach bar, highly recommended for cocktails!

locals' favourite restaurants would be pantarul for traditional food with a modern twist, trinity/shizuku for asian fusion (amaaazing) and kamenice for local seafood. don't get the local taxis as they're really expensive, use uber because it's very fast (less than 5 minute wait wherever you are) and much cheaper. also you can feel 100% safe, in taxis or anywhere really, we have literally 0% crime here. it's also very clean! and not too busy just yet.

my top suggestion would going to lokrum island, 10 min boat ride from the old town, there are peacocks there and it's incredibly beautiful 🦚 keep in mind that it's very warm here right now, it was 30+ degrees celsius today so definitely bring swimwear and go to a beach or do a boat trip. most houses have air conditioning so they should be fine in their accommodation but it's very warm outside for sure. lots of sunblock and spf, and aloe vera for after.

i do hope this is useful - sorry for the rant, i'm a tour guide so i kind of get passionate about this 😂
if you have any specific questions let me know and i wish a lovely holiday to your friend! ☀
Thank you both for your tips, even though you posted these almost a month ago! I'm going to Croatia (Lapad) in September and these posts have made me so excited :D I'm staying at a valamar too!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
And I'm back from holiday and have the serious post holiday blues. Everything is just crap in comparison 😭

I’m a bit panicky over these airport queues. I go in 4 weeks, I’ll be 26 weeks pregnant and travelling with a 3 year old. Our flight is early morning

I’m a bit panicky over these airport queues. I go in 4 weeks, I’ll be 26 weeks pregnant and travelling with a 3 year old. Our flight is early morning
Not much you can do except bring entertainment and snacks for the toddler and be as organised as you can be so you’re not getting stressed on the day.

From you saying you’re panicky now, it sounds like you’re like me and you’ll be dead organised anyway :)

Not much you can do except bring entertainment and snacks for the toddler and be as organised as you can be so you’re not getting stressed on the day.

From you saying you’re panicky now, it sounds like you’re like me and you’ll be dead organised anyway :)
I know, it is what it is. Be worth it when we’re stepping off the plane 😂

Yes I’m proper organised, I’m debating starting packing today. That’s what 3 years of no holiday does to me 🤣🤣

Does your airline and airport offer priority check in or fast track? Both well worth it at the moment and at least for my airlines and airport it really wasn’t that expensive.

Does your airline and airport offer priority check in or fast track? Both well worth it at the moment and at least for my airlines and airport it really wasn’t that expensive.
Yes but I think because we will have a buggy we will go through priority anyway, I’m flying with jet2 from Manchester, I’ve looked a couple of times but this appears when I try and book it

Attachments

Reactions: 1
Yes but I think because we will have a buggy we will go through priority anyway, I’m flying with jet2 from Manchester, I’ve looked a couple of times but this appears when I try and book it
Try changing the time. I was at Heathrow on Monday and security didn't open until 430

• Heart
anyone flying with ryanair in the next few weeks; heads up - I was supposed to be in England this weekend for my friends wedding and my flights got cancelled 😢. There's a lot of strikes with Ryanair crew and airport staff in France, Italy and Spain!

Loads of flights are delayed or cancelled. I live abroad and loads of my friends trying to get home etc have been cancelled. I've been lucky and only had to fly to Italy recently but both times they were very delayed.

from what I’ve heard jet2 hasn’t had any problems and seems to be running quite smoothly! try seeing if jet2 can include fast track with your package? I’m sure i’ve seen people say it was included for them!

in other news, I have finally transferred/booked my holiday! we had Orlando booked for September which we’d booked start of 2021 but i started getting really icky about going after the borders opened up and I saw how cringe people were in this orlando group i joined 😂 I also had decided it would’ve been nearly 3 years since our last holiday and realised I wanted something far more relaxing and it was going to cost a lot of money when we’re trying to move and we’ve got numerous weddings next year inc. one in Barbados! so now we’ve booked to go to Rhodes 😄🇬🇷 i’m so excited as i’ve only ever been to Zante so it’ll be nice to experience a more authentic Greece! I want to go to Rhodes old town and to Lindos whilst there!

Reactions: 3
Do Tui charge to take a pushchair for what will be my 3 year old online it’s says under 2 get it free? Xx

Jet2 offer twilight bag drop the day before your flight, so then you just head straight to security. Well worth it if you manage to get fast track as well, I’m sure it was only £5pp xx

• Heart
Jet2 offer twilight bag drop the day before your flight, so then you just head straight to security. Well worth it if you manage to get fast track as well, I’m sure it was only £5pp xx
Omg yes I forgot about that!!! Thanks for the reminder I’ll defo book it! Xx

@strawb my parents are currently in your country on holiday, they love it there - swear it's like the 4th time they've been 😅 🥺

• Heart
Back from Oslo. Getting through Manchester security can turn very irritating at times but generally okay. One of the machines broke and it took about 10 minutes extra. This was at like 9am, I think gradually as the day wore on it got a lot worse, kept hearing people talking about kick offs as they got through.

Landing in Oslo passport control took AGES, don't know if anyone else has found this in other countries?

Norway was great again though. The terrorist attack was a bit of a dampener but amazing to see everyone was out in the street in full force not being scared by it. (We'd gone off camping the day before the attack, happened right outside the hotel I was staying)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.