Holidays 2022

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i've just booked Edinburgh in December for my bf's 30th - he's always wanted to go, we'll be there the week leading up to Christmas so i can only imagine how beautiful it'll be! I told him he has 6 months of me playing bagpipe videos on youtube and repeating everything i say in a Scottish accent 😅
Edinburgh at Christmas is lovely, we love going for Christmas shopping - for the atmosphere and loads of wonderful places to eat ( it's my husband's birthday just before Christmas too, so we usually book a fab place to eat)
the Christmas markets are definitely worth a visit too

• Heart
Reactions: 3
i've just booked Edinburgh in December for my bf's 30th - he's always wanted to go, we'll be there the week leading up to Christmas so i can only imagine how beautiful it'll be! I told him he has 6 months of me playing bagpipe videos on youtube and repeating everything i say in a Scottish accent 😅
I just left Edinburgh yesterday, my favourite UK holiday in so long

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Edinburgh at Christmas is lovely, we love going for Christmas shopping - for the atmosphere and loads of wonderful places to eat ( it's my husband's birthday just before Christmas too, so we usually book a fab place to eat)
the Christmas markets are definitely worth a visit too
I'm def gonna be asking you for recommendations nearer the time then! 😏

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Aah so lovely, I’m really keen to take mine there! Considering north Berwick? I love Edinburgh

• Heart
Off to Cornwall on Saturday hopefully - just the small matter of hubby working abroad at the moment and due back into Heathrow about 7pm tomorrow, praying his flight isn't cancelled!!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Has anyone been to Spain, specifically Barcelona recently? Just wondering how much mask wearing is still a thing over there?

Has anyone been to Spain, specifically Barcelona recently? Just wondering how much mask wearing is still a thing over there?
I live in Spain, you now only need to wear them on public transport, in pharmacies and doctors hospitals etc

Reactions: 3
Hi all you lovely people could anyone help me with a rough itinerary on what to pack clothes wise for a week away all inclusive please probably to Spain or Greece pretty please? 🙏

It's been that long since I've been away I literally don't know where to start! I'm not big into fashion either so basics will do me haha any tips or advice much appreciated 😊

Reactions: 1
Hi all you lovely people could anyone help me with a rough itinerary on what to pack clothes wise for a week away all inclusive please probably to Spain or Greece pretty please? 🙏

It's been that long since I've been away I literally don't know where to start! I'm not big into fashion either so basics will do me haha any tips or advice much appreciated 😊
Swimwear for each day
2 x cover ups/sarongs etc
2 x PJs/nightwear
1 x pool towel
Underwear for each day
Then selection of “day” outfits like loose fit throw on dresses/shorts and tops etc
Same for evening wear - maybe a bit nicer for going to dinner etc
Flip flops/sandals & comfy trainers if you plan on walking/doing activities

• Heart
Swimwear for each day
2 x PJs/nightwear
1 x pool towel
Underwear for each day
Then selection of “day” outfits like loose fit throw on dresses/shorts and tops etc
All all inclusives I have been to have provided pool towels.

Has anyone flown with Tui recently and can advise on online check in for return flights?

Check in used to open 14 days before for outbound and inbound. But they have recently changed it to 48 hours before.

Checked in this morning for my Wednesday morning flight and got my outbound boarding passes but no option for inbound check in. It doesn't say when inbound check in will open. It just says check in complete!

Swimwear for each day
2 x PJs/nightwear
1 x pool towel
Underwear for each day
Thank you so much 👍 😊 feel alot better now not so overwhelmed!

I want to book alcudia ….never been before but I’m so confused!
im finding hotels in port alcudia and then ones on alcudia beach?! I thought it was the same place , I want to be close to the beach but also close to bars / restaurants …. ( Is there a main strip?) any suggestions on a good family hotel? Thank you 😘

I want to book alcudia ….never been before but I’m so confused!
im finding hotels in port alcudia and then ones on alcudia beach?! I thought it was the same place , I want to be close to the beach but also close to bars / restaurants …. ( Is there a main strip?) any suggestions on a good family hotel? Thank you 😘
Alcudia beach is like the main beach in that town and it's long, lots of hotels have bits attached to it. The Port is probably where you'll find more bars etc, either way it's beautiful. There are a lot more beaches and 'calas' in the area nicer than that beach! ⛱

Has anyone been to Maderia? We were booked to go previously but didn’t get there because of covid.
we have tui vouchers and are looking to book either a week in the algarve or maderia.
Anyone been?

Has anyone flown with Tui recently and can advise on online check in for return flights?

Check in used to open 14 days before for outbound and inbound. But they have recently changed it to 48 hours before.

Checked in this morning for my Wednesday morning flight and got my outbound boarding passes but no option for inbound check in. It doesn't say when inbound check in will open. It just says check in complete!
I’m guessing it will be 48 hours before your inbound flight?

I’m guessing it will be 48 hours before your inbound flight?
Yeh that's what I'm thinking too but it is odd. It just says check in complete. Not that it will open on 27th June.

Also means we can't take a paper copy of the boarding pass, which I like to do just in case technology fails on the day!

I’m going to Switzerland next month for 5 nights. I have booked an Airbnb apartment.
The apartment was expensive - if the airline cancels the flights out from Bristol apart from standard holiday insurance is that enough or do I need more ? Say the flight doesn’t take off and they put us on the next one we would miss the first night as it’s the last of the day ?
Any thoughts appreciated!

I’m going to Switzerland next month for 5 nights. I have booked an Airbnb apartment.
The apartment was expensive - if the airline cancels the flights out from Bristol apart from standard holiday insurance is that enough or do I need more ? Say the flight doesn’t take off and they put us on the next one we would miss the first night as it’s the last of the day ?
Any thoughts appreciated!
I'm not sure what else you can do really other than have travel insurance for this situation. Other than if your rate is refundable and if your flight is cancelled with enough time you might not need to worry at all?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.