Holidays #2 - 2022 roundup and plans for 2023

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve just booked bargain flights for a few days in Alicante for February.
It’s a cheap and cheerful weekend solo get away.
Has anyone got any recommendations for somewhere central to stay please? Hotel with b&b rather than an apartment.
Thanks

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’ve just booked bargain flights for a few days in Alicante for February.
It’s a cheap and cheerful weekend solo get away.
Has anyone got any recommendations for somewhere central to stay please? Hotel with b&b rather than an apartment.
Thanks
I've been to Alicante a couple of times, I always stayed in Airbnbs so can't help with that but if you want any recommendations for bars, restaurants, things to do I can help!

Reactions: 2
Can anyone recommend a city pass/card for 4 days in Amsterdam please?

There's so many im struggling to choose one haha

Has anyone renewed their passport recently and how long it's taken? Mine expires August next year but I was thinking of a break in Amsterdam as well in March so think I need to renew it now?

Reactions: 1
Has anyone renewed their passport recently and how long it's taken? Mine expires August next year but I was thinking of a break in Amsterdam as well in March so think I need to renew it now?
I renewed mine this year it took 12 weeks to come I did it all online. My mother in laws took a week and she done hers online the exact same way. I think it’s pot luck tbh! Check the travel requirements and rules for passports as there’s some places won’t accept it if you’ve less than 6 months on it might be best doing it soonish!

• Wow
I renewed mine this year it took 12 weeks to come I did it all online. My mother in laws took a week and she done hers online the exact same way. I think it’s pot luck tbh! Check the travel requirements and rules for passports as there’s some places won’t accept it if you’ve less than 6 months on it might be best doing it soonish!
what the hell 12 weeks :eek: I can't do it til I get paid next week but I've already booked the time off. It says allow up to 10 weeks on the website.

what the hell 12 weeks :eek: I can't do it til I get paid next week but I've already booked the time off. It says allow up to 10 weeks on the website.
Yep, 12 painfully long weeks! It said 6 weeks when I applied and then a week later changed to 10 weeks. I had an MP involved and everything but nothing hurried it along. I phoned every single day for updates once it reached 10 weeks and finally someone felt sorry for me and got it approved there and then on the phone and offered to either post it or I could collect it at my local office! Was so frustrating as I had travel booked and my MIL didn’t have any travel booked but of course she got hers in week 😂

Hopefully it’s improved by now! I think because of covid restrictions so many weren’t travelling that when places began opening again everyone wanted to go abroad which didn’t help!

This is no longer an issue apply for it this week. The reason we all waited for months was because nobody bothered sorting their passports during covid and then suddenly you had 3 years worth of people applying.
Mine took over 3 months and I ended up going to Peterborough where they were super helpful

My OH applied in Aug and got within a couple of weeks

I've been to Alicante a couple of times, I always stayed in Airbnbs so can't help with that but if you want any recommendations for bars, restaurants, things to do I can help!
Thank you. Normally stay in Airbnb as well if travelling with family or friends but thought a central hotel for a short solo trip would be better.

Any recommendations for places to eat would be lovely.

Thank you. Normally stay in Airbnb as well if travelling with family or friends but thought a central hotel for a short solo trip would be better.

Any recommendations for places to eat would be lovely.
the food market is good and they have places where you can sit down - I went one morning and had a coffee and pastry, it's just called "Mercado Central". Rincon de Antonio, is a really cheap but v good tapas bar/restaurant - lots of locals eat there!
I would also recommend walking to the castle (Castell de Sant Ferran) because you pass through a v cute village with lots of white houses, it takes about 35 mins to get to the top and then you have a view of the city and, I would also recommend doing a free walking tour of the city (the historical one) because I learnt a lot of interesting things plus, they usually take a couple of hours and it's a good solo activity!

Hello, thinking of visiting Valencia for 3 nights.
Is that enough time and does anyone have any recommendations please?

Thanks so much soy milk. That’s really helpful. I usually go on one of those free walking tours to get my bearings in a new place!
Food market sounds interesting and very reasonable.
Looking forward to my little trip now that the post Christmas gloom has descended!

• Heart
I just did something annoying/stupid, at least I only lost £13 😂. Had a voucher for £20 off booking.com on £100+ bookings. So I cancelled a place I had booked thinking I’ll rebook it and use the £20 off. I forgot it had to be on bookings £100 or more. This booking I cancelled was less than £100 and when I went to rebook was £13 more to rebook 🤦‍♀️.

Also booked a spa break today. One night hotel with a 50 min treatment, cream tea, breakfast, £28 evening meal and leisure facility use for £125 each. Thought that was a good deal 😄

Reactions: 8
Ooh that’s a good deal, where is that? I’m after ideas for a night away, live midlands but can travel…kid free, where is nice?

Booked an Airbnb for me and hubby a few days in Tenby.
Also looking at a week away in greece June or July. What’s everyone’s favourite Greek Island?

Booked an Airbnb for me and hubby a few days in Tenby.
Also looking at a week away in greece June or July. What’s everyone’s favourite Greek Island?
Personally I’ve not been but I’ve heard amazing things anout Kefolonia. I’ve got friends who go once a year and it looks gorgeous
We were meant to got to Crete in May 2020 so that’s another place that’s supposed to be good.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.