Holidays #2 - 2022 roundup and plans for 2023

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ooh that’s a good deal, where is that? I’m after ideas for a night away, live midlands but can travel…kid free, where is nice?
If it’s about my post 😄 It’s in Cambridge (the belfy?) I booked it on spaseekers. And if you google there is a voucher code (£125 with the code).
They still haven’t confirmed the booking (the hotel) but I’m assuming since it’s the weekend/bank hol they’ll do it on Tuesday.

Booked an Airbnb for me and hubby a few days in Tenby.
Also looking at a week away in greece June or July. What’s everyone’s favourite Greek Island?
From what I remember Kos was my favourite but that was over 10 years ago now. Although the year after we went to Corfu and I wouldn’t want to go back there. I went to Rhodes last year and that was nice 😊

Reactions: 1
Love this thread, long time lurker, now introducing myself with a massive post 😆

I got back into the swing of travel in
2022, went to some great places (Jordan and Colombia being highlights), although I didn’t travel as much as I used to do pre-covid, and to be honest, I don’t think I ever will again. I upsized into a house from a flat during the pandemic, so I have less money than I used to have, as I have been busy renovating & decorating, which just hoovers up cash, and I also got a dog, who I don’t want to leave for too many extended periods of time, so I am focusing on more UK based trips, which I have enjoyed way more than I thought I would.

I still have some nice trips planned for 2023, and feel very lucky and grateful I get to go considering everything that has happened in the world the past few years, and continues to happen. Trips already booked for this year:

1) Paris for my Dad’s 70th birthday in April (this has been moved so many times, for one reason or another, he will be closer to 80 by the time we finally get to go 🤣). Can’t wait to finally go as a family: with parents getting older, it’s important to make these memories and my Dad has never been and always wanted to visit.

2) New York for my 40th birthday in September. This will be my 8th time, and my sister asked me if I was really sure I wanted to go again considering it’s for a special birthday, did I not want to go somewhere new, but I can’t imagine being anywhere else for my big birthday. Want to go and see the view from the Vanderbilt as that’s new since my last trip in Jan 2020, and have afternoon tea at the Plaza - not something I had considered before, but I saw a programme about it and it persuaded me that it was an experience worth doing.

Trips not booked but planned:

3) Nashville in May - huge country music fan, this has been a wish of mine for a while.

4) Bruges or San Sebastián for a long weekend with my university pals.

5) A long weekend of shopping and dining with my best friend in Manchester as I have never been!

6) A city break in Dubrovnik with a friend who I don’t get to see much anymore as she moved back up to Scotland, so will be nice to explore the city and spend some time with her.

I want to spend the period between Christmas and New Year/early January abroad this year (feels strange saying that!) and can’t decide between a houseboat cruise in Kerala (anybody ever been, what’s it like?) or a tour of Northern Thailand and Laos.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Love this thread, long time lurker, now introducing myself with a massive post 😆

2022, went to some great places (Jordan and Colombia being highlights), although I didn’t travel as much as I used to do pre-covid, and to be honest, I don’t think I ever will again. I upsized into a house from a flat during the pandemic, so I have less money than I used to have, as I have been busy renovating & decorating, which just hoovers up cash, and I also got a dog, who I don’t want to leave for too many extended periods of time, so I am focusing on more UK based trips, which I have enjoyed way more than I thought I would.

I still have some nice trips planned for 2023, and feel very lucky and grateful I get to go considering everything that has happened in the world the past few years, and continues to happen. Trips already booked for this year:

1) Paris for my Dad’s 70th birthday in April (this has been moved so many times, for one reason or another, he will be closer to 80 by the time we finally get to go 🤣). Can’t wait to finally go as a family: with parents getting older, it’s important to make these memories and my Dad has never been and always wanted to visit.

2) New York for my 40th birthday in September. This will be my 8th time, and my sister asked me if I was really sure I wanted to go again considering it’s for a special birthday, did I not want to go somewhere new, but I can’t imagine being anywhere else for my big birthday. Want to go and see the view from the Vanderbilt as that’s new since my last trip in Jan 2020, and have afternoon tea at the Plaza - not something I had considered before, but I saw a programme about it and it persuaded me that it was an experience worth doing.

3) Nashville in May - huge country music fan, this has been a wish of mine for a while.

5) A long weekend of shopping and dining with my best friend in Manchester as I have never been!

6) A city break in Dubrovnik with a friend who I don’t get to see much anymore as she moved back up to Scotland, so will be nice to explore the city and spend some time with her.

I want to spend the period between Christmas and New Year/early January abroad this year (feels strange saying that!) and can’t decide between a houseboat cruise in Kerala (anybody ever been, what’s it like?) or a tour of Northern Thailand and Laos.
Wish I could travel more like this but the dogs are a real tie 😩 In fairness I love having them 😊
Dubrovnik is on my list so let me know what it’s like, especially for a city break which I assume is short? Would never have considered it for a short break

Reactions: 2

this sounds amazing 🤩. Dubrovnik/Croatia is high on my list and I’d love to do a cruise there next year! Nashville is also somewhere I’ve wanted to do for a while now so would be very interested to know what it’s like how much etc! I’d love to do New Orleans also and Memphis!

Enjoying travelling and planning travel since the mess that was 2020 and 2021! 2022 I got back to Florida, finally got to Iceland and did a long weekend in Berlin to do the Christmas markets!
This year I’m hoping to see at least 5 new places in the UK & abroad and am planning ahead to 2024/2025 also!

Booked:
In April I am off to Austria to visit Salzburg, Vienna and hopefully Hallstatt
In September I am going to Krakow with friends
In October I am going back to Disneyland Paris after 14 years and doing an afternoon in Paris to visit the catacombs!
I am also planning to go to Prague for the Christmas markets in December and am hoping to squeeze in a city break in July - thinking Athens or Barcelona as I haven’t done either! Am also hoping to visit Bath this year as another UK city break, doing a murder mystery weekend with friends and a ghost tour!

Lots planned!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Plans for this year are:
Dubai for 4 nights end of Jan- still need to book flights and ask the mother in law to have the dog 😬
Weekend in Milan with friends in the spring- not booked yet
Probably Turkey in the summer- If we do I want to stay in the Antalya region so that we can do an overnight trip go cappadocia
Geneva and Grindelwald in Switzerland for my partners 40th- booked and I’m paying for this myself as a present, although Switzerland is so expensive 🙈

• Heart
Dubrovnik is amazing we went last year would 100% recommend! The views are unbelievable 🥰

So excited for 2023! We’ve 2 holidays booked so far and aim to go on 4.

Disneyland Paris in February - booked
Lanzarote in April over Easter - booked
Planning on Greece or Italy in July/august although hubby wants Croatia so who knows where we’ll end up 😂
Planning on Spain or Portugal in October half term!

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Dubrovnik is stunning, I went island hopping around Croatia on a boat over the summer and we ended our trip in Dubrovnik. I would recommend the city walls tour just as the sun is setting, the views are incredible!

Inside the city walls there are lots of tours for Game of Thrones fans, cute restaurants, there’s canoes and there is a club that is literally inside the fort… great nightlife.

Any recommendations you need for Dubrovnik or Manchester let me know xx

We’re booking Nashville for may too! Going to tie it in with a trip to Florida and doing a road trip to Tennessee

We’ve got a Norwegian fjords cruise booked for July, there’s so many places I want to go to but so difficult when Mr Fudge only gets a certain amount of holiday days where as I’m self employed so can go whenever!

I’ve already booked all my work holiday allowance for next year. Including the extra few days I got for working Xmas/ny 😄

I really want to visit a different country/city each month. I know it sounds a lot but I’m talking a UK/Ireland city, as well as European and further afield (for longer periods than an extended weekend). I’m planning on taking leave aligned with Bank Holidays next year to get more out of my annual leave and I know I’ll probably be playing premium for hotels/flights, I’ve been factoring it into my budget. I just think it’s time to start exploring more so why not 🤷🏻‍♀️ lucky to have money saved for this kinda thing so I’m going to dip into it.

Haven’t planned which places yet so any recs greatly appreciated 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I really want to visit a different country/city each month. I know it sounds a lot but I’m talking a UK/Ireland city, as well as European and further afield (for longer periods than an extended weekend). I’m planning on taking leave aligned with Bank Holidays next year to get more out of my annual leave and I know I’ll probably be playing premium for hotels/flights, I’ve been factoring it into my budget. I just think it’s time to start exploring more so why not 🤷🏻‍♀️ lucky to have money saved for this kinda thing so I’m going to dip into it.

Haven’t planned which places yet so any recs greatly appreciated 😊
if that's the case then rather than plan each place specifically, you could choose the dates, enter them into skyscanner and search "everywhere" and it'll give you the cheapest option to fly to on those dates and you'd be surprised where you can go for little money! that's my tip! 😊

• Heart
if that's the case then rather than plan each place specifically, you could choose the dates, enter them into skyscanner and search "everywhere" and it'll give you the cheapest option to fly to on those dates and you'd be surprised where you can go for little money! that's my tip! 😊
Thank you for replying. I hadn’t thought about that! I did think about doing one of those random holiday voucher things (great description for me there haha) but actually think your suggestion sounds better😊

Just want to say I randomly came across momondo which is like skyscanner but found they had cheaper flights than skyscanner

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I really just want to be on UK soil for the summer. Somewhere in Scotland or Cornwall. I tend to do Brighton a lot. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Has anyone got any suggestions about how to do Disneyland and see some of Paris in one visit?
For example would it be worth getting a hotel in Paris and travelling back and forth to Disney? Or just do a couple nights in a Disney hotel and then go to a hotel in Paris?
Sorry if it’s a stupid question I’ve never been to Paris before so really have no idea what’s best😄

Has anyone got any suggestions about how to do Disneyland and see some of Paris in one visit?
For example would it be worth getting a hotel in Paris and travelling back and forth to Disney? Or just do a couple nights in a Disney hotel and then go to a hotel in Paris?
Sorry if it’s a stupid question I’ve never been to Paris before so really have no idea what’s best😄
That’s what I did, I got a hotel in Paris and found it really easy to get a train to Disneyland… I also found this was the cheapest way to do it. But we only did one day at Disneyland

Has everyone ever been to Gibraltar? I’m thinking of going there for a long weekend over May Bank Holiday (just figuring out if I give enough of a toss to possibly watch the coronation 😂).

If anyone has been is it worth it, or is three/four days too much? I’ve read that it’s tiny so better if you’re just possibly wanting one day of exploring and two chill days 🤷🏻‍♀️

Just want to say I randomly came across momondo which is like skyscanner but found they had cheaper flights than skyscanner
How can the flights be cheaper - don't they all just use the airlines prices? Unless you mean third party prices which can be riskier (I personally never use those).

Planning on Japan in March, has anybody ever been?

I've been watching videos for years, and I know where I want to go, and what I want to do ... but I welcome ANY and ALL advice from money exchange to accomodation tips! I've found an airbnb I like, but I have no idea on best locations, outside of making sure they're in areas close to a station.

Then I've got Gibraltar for a wedding and maybe NYC with a cousin who is desperate to go!

Has anyone got good hotel recommendations for Paris, Vegas and New York? Thanks in advance ☺

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.