Hilaria Baldwin / Hillary Hayward-Thomas and Alec Baldwin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I believe it is legal in the US in some states. Chrissy Teigan has openly admitted that they chose the sex of their kids, and Kim Kardashian chose the sex of her youngest two that were born via surrogate.
Thank you!
That's crazy.
I can get behind the "levelling out" tbh (one of each or a pair of each), but gender selection is dangerous, e.g. in China and other countries where one gender heavily outweighs the other and then creates massive problems in the future.

The amount of kids these two have is crazy though, if you want many kids and have the money etc for it, fine, but I think 4 are plenty. This is insane.

Reactions: 8
Finding a surrogate in the US seems very easy, but is gender selection legal in the US?

I know that in some countries it's legal and in others illegal (and sometimes couples go for gender selection IVF to the country where it's legal to get what they want if they live where it's illegal...).
The rules are so lax in the USA because $$$$$$$$$ is everything, even more important than human life. I find this sort of thing absolutely appalling.

Reactions: 13
I believe it is legal in the US in some states. Chrissy Teigan has openly admitted that they chose the sex of their kids, and Kim Kardashian chose the sex of her youngest two that were born via surrogate.
Didn’t know about Chrissy!!

Reactions: 4
Poor Edu. Sorry you aren’t the gender we wanted so you just get shunted down the pecking order.

• Sad
Reactions: 26
Poor Edu. Sorry you aren’t the gender we wanted so you just get shunted down the pecking order.
Yeah, it's horrible. He's not going to get what he needs from his mother now she has another toy to play with. Like I said, I really hope they have a wonderful nanny.

Reactions: 15
Finding a surrogate in the US seems very easy, but is gender selection legal in the US?

I know that in some countries it's legal and in others illegal (and sometimes couples go for gender selection IVF to the country where it's legal to get what they want if they live where it's illegal...).
I think the rumour was the Beckhams went to the states to use gender selection to get Harper. As PP said $$$$$$$ means no questions asked

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
Caprice has two boys, one via a surrogate and one that she gave birth to, born a month or two apart.
Yes, I think her parallel pregnancies were a happy coincidence. I've always admired the fact that she's never gonna reveal which boy was the surrogate, they're both equal in her eyes.
With Hilaria I'm so confused by the timing. What's the rush? Let the ink dry on the birth certificate first. If she was desperate for another girl and wanted to gender select, she or a surrogate could do it next year. I do feel like baby Eduardo's been cheated. He's only 6 months old and his mother is now focused on someone needier than him. I could mayyyyybe get the desperation and haste for a daughter if she had never had one, but she's got a little girl and a stepdaughter. Hilaria just seems to want absolutely everything all at once.

• Sad
And also - if it was a surrogate, they must have had embryos ready and waiting as you couldn't do egg retrieval while pregnant. Didn't she have a couple of miscarriages in between baby #4 & #5? When did they have time?

Reactions: 10
And also - if it was a surrogate, they must have had embryos ready and waiting as you couldn't do egg retrieval while pregnant. Didn't she have a couple of miscarriages in between baby #4 & #5? When did they have time?
The whole thing looks dodgy and quite distrubing. I think that baby hoarding thing is indicative of much deeper issues.

This is anecdotal and an extreme case and I am absolutey NOT linking it to the Baldwins but when I was a midwife there was a very well known local case of a woman who had given birth ten times. The babies were taken off of her straight away but she would deliberately get pregnant as her partner would not beat her up if she was pregnant.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
There's a reason it takes 10 months to carry a baby. Children are meant to be spaced out and your body is meant to recover. It's different if it's twins, triplets etc, their growth and needs go in tandem. But a six month old's needs, schedule, routine if they have one are different from a newborn. In a few years they'll be the same age and the differences will have levelled out. But right now....if someone had handed me a newborn to raise while my baby was six months old I would have been terrified!

I saw somewhere else someone posted how it was similar to Joan Crawford, she called her 2 youngest adopted children the twins even though they'd been adopted from separate families, had different birthdays and weren't biologically related at all.

I hear you!! I would rather poke my eyeballs out than add a newborn into the mix. I actually cannot fathom this. Just why? Shes mother earth and I can imagine she's anti formula (could be wrong) as she's constantly showing us her pumping or the baby feeding so how is she going to feed a newborn who will be feeding constant and also Edu.

Reactions: 5
Didn’t know about Chrissy!!
Chrissy needed IVF anyway as she was told she wouldn’t conceive naturally (obviously she went on to get pregnant naturally with poor Jack) they selected one embryo of each sex and chose the order they were implanted. So they knew they would have Luna before Miles. It still raises ethical questions but it’s not as bad as these fruit loops!

Reactions: 11
I hear you!! I would rather poke my eyeballs out than add a newborn into the mix. I actually cannot fathom this. Just why? Shes mother earth and I can imagine she's anti formula (could be wrong) as she's constantly showing us her pumping or the baby feeding so how is she going to feed a newborn who will be feeding constant and also Edu.
She'll buy the baby milk or get it off whoever carried the baby. Her breastmilk won't have the colustrum you get after just having a baby.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Chrissy said that she knew the sex of the embryos so chose to have a girl first i don’t think thats the same as gender selection is it?

I think the rumour was the Beckhams went to the states to use gender selection to get Harper. As PP said $$$$$$$ means no questions asked
My friend said she saw them at a clinic in Spain when she had treatment there

Reactions: 7
She'll buy the baby milk or get it off whoever carried the baby. Her breastmilk won't have the colustrum you get after just having a baby.
When she had the last baby she was pumping and freezing milk like crazy! I wonder if she was doing this because she knew another baby was on the way via surrogate?!

Reactions: 9
Chrissy said that she knew the sex of the embryos so chose to have a girl first i don’t think thats the same as gender selection is it?

My friend said she saw them at a clinic in Spain when she had treatment there
No, probably not tbh. Probably more say in gender than in the UK though. As far I know here unless there are medical/genetic issues the parents are not told the sex of the embryos that are implanted into them.

Reactions: 4
View attachment 463119.....and here we are ... Little Lucy. Sorry, my bad, Lucia x
Comments switched off. I wonder if Alec will leave his on so he can curse at people again. The seem to have a LOT of time on their hands seeing as they have six small children. Had a quick look at her Instagram and it is almost exclusively about the children. There's something about this woman that makes me so uneasy.

Reactions: 14
Thank you!
That's crazy.
I can get behind the "levelling out" tbh (one of each or a pair of each), but gender selection is dangerous, e.g. in China and other countries where one gender heavily outweighs the other and then creates massive problems in the future.

The amount of kids these two have is crazy though, if you want many kids and have the money etc for it, fine, but I think 4 are plenty. This is insane.
I can't get behind 'leveling out' tbh. I think any sort of gender selection is immoral (unless there's a genetic disease). No one has the god given right to have 1, 2, or 3 of each like they're toys. Just be grateful they're happy and healthy.

I feel uneasy about laughing at the fake Spaniard shenanigans now when it's clear she's mentally unwell.

• Heart
I used to think gender selection was ok for family balancing but really it’s just another way that rich and famous people can buy another commodity that they want.

Did anyone else watch a programme a few years ago called ‘8 boys and wanting a girl’? A rich couple had 3 or 4 boys and the mum wanted girls mainly to dress them up and so girly things with, so they’d had gender selection a few years before the programme was filmed and had twin girls. The woman was just used to buying anything and everything she wanted so it was pretty much a case of buying daughters.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
I used to think gender selection was ok for family balancing but really it’s just another way that rich and famous people can buy another commodity that they want.

Did anyone else watch a programme a few years ago called ‘8 boys and wanting a girl’? A rich couple had 3 or 4 boys and the mum wanted girls mainly to dress them up and so girly things with, so they’d had gender selection a few years before the programme was filmed and had twin girls. The woman was just used to buying anything and everything she wanted so it was pretty much a case of buying daughters.
Nothing would make me laugh harder than if Carmen or Lucia are trans. I find this obsession with gender quite disgusting. Looking back on a lot of Hilaria's bizarre behaviour (posing in her underwear while having a miscarriage, posing in her underwear while holding her baby, the constant posting of her children online while having no job, the yoga in her underwear, the pretending to be Spanish), I am quite concerned for these children. She is not a mentally well woman.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.