Hen Do Horror Stories!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think I have the best one šŸ˜µšŸ˜µ
I was invited (last minute) to a hen do in Spain by someone at work - we were close - ish but work mates mainly. I said yes because at the time I was single, wasnā€™t going on a girls trip that year and basically had nothing to lose!
When we got there it was a big group of her home and uni friends plus a random guy who she explained was one of her childhood family friends but he had chosen to go on her hen do rather than her fiancƩe stag.
Itā€™s three nights long - we get to the last night and things are EXTREMELY boozy. We went to a cocktail making class in the day followed by a bar, boozy dinner and night out. All fine, get back at 4am and I go straight to bed (we are staying in a villa)
I wake up early to INTENSE screaming, honestly I thought there had been a murder or something. Run out and itā€™s the bride to be, wailing, sitting on the floor literally beside herself. Turns out In her extreme drunkness the night before she had got it on with the family friend and has done the deed !!!

Honestly was so so shocked, totally ruined the trip (obviously) and I never spoke to any of the other girls again šŸ¤£ could never look at her in the eye either after the whole situ!
Nah you can't leave us hanging like that!! Did they get married in the end? Did her and childhood friend get together??

Not to sound like cynic but I reckon childhood friend harboured feelings for her for years and that's why he went along to see if he could get it on with her and make her see how amazing he is.

Reactions: 11
Nah you can't leave us hanging like that!! Did they get married in the end? Did her and childhood friend get together??

Not to sound like cynic but I reckon childhood friend harboured feelings for her for years and that's why he went along to see if he could get it on with her and make her see how amazing he is.
Haha sorry guys didnā€™t realise I had ended on such a cliffhanger haha.

It was pretty bad so for the rest of that day she was in a terrible state, umming and arring about what to do and what was right. The childhood friend stuck around but super sheepish and staying out of everything. We all gave our opinion on what to do but it was down to her at the end of the day šŸ˜

SO she gets back and admits to the husband to be. He is understandably gutted but apparently was ok about the situation. Wedding called off šŸ˜­

This was about two years ago - my friend went travelling for about a year (presumably to get over everything / recover) I think a lot of people were mad at her. Sheā€™s now been back for a year, training as a midwife and is currently dating the childhood friend. Nice ending - we shall see!

• Wow
Reactions: 30
A bit late to this thread and this isnā€™t a horror story.. but Iā€™m worried it could turn out to be one. Also, Iā€™m unable to start a thread myself..

But Iā€™ve been put in charge of planning my best friends hen do next year. I do not get on with any of her ā€œnew friendsā€ (theyā€™re all her fiancĆ©s best mates wives/gfs) and his family are literally my idea of hell company. Iā€™m literally the odd one out but weā€™ve been friends for 20 years and I couldn't let her down and not do this for her. (She planned everything for mine and Iā€™m grateful for that!)

Does anyone have any tips/advice to help me get through this as easily as possible?! She wants one abroad and all the works and I just donā€™t know where to start. Weā€™ve already had the first drama of them only agreeing on one date so far.. my wedding anniversary.. so Iā€™ve obviously said no. I am honestly dreading it.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
A bit late to this thread and this isnā€™t a horror story.. but Iā€™m worried it could turn out to be one. Also, Iā€™m unable to start a thread myself..

But Iā€™ve been put in charge of planning my best friends hen do next year. I do not get on with any of her ā€œnew friendsā€ (theyā€™re all her fiancĆ©s best mates wives/gfs) and his family are literally my idea of hell company. Iā€™m literally the odd one out but weā€™ve been friends for 20 years and I couldn't let her down and not do this for her. (She planned everything for mine and Iā€™m grateful for that!)

Does anyone have any tips/advice to help me get through this as easily as possible?! She wants one abroad and all the works and I just donā€™t know where to start. Weā€™ve already had the first drama of them only agreeing on one date so far.. my wedding anniversary.. so Iā€™ve obviously said no. I am honestly dreading it.
[/QUOTE
Ask the bride for three possible dates three possible destinations. Then in a group with the other without the bride set up a vote the date and destination with the most votes wins the people that say no they obviously don't want to go its a year in advance. And I would go if it was my wedding anniversary either

Reactions: 1

It was pretty bad so for the rest of that day she was in a terrible state, umming and arring about what to do and what was right. The childhood friend stuck around but super sheepish and staying out of everything. We all gave our opinion on what to do but it was down to her at the end of the day šŸ˜

SO she gets back and admits to the husband to be. He is understandably gutted but apparently was ok about the situation. Wedding called off šŸ˜­

This was about two years ago - my friend went travelling for about a year (presumably to get over everything / recover) I think a lot of people were mad at her. Sheā€™s now been back for a year, training as a midwife and is currently dating the childhood friend. Nice ending - we shall see!
Lets hope her and the childhood friend dont get married and the ex tags along on the hen do :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
a group of women where not all of them know each other in advance is asking for trouble in my opinion. Leaving the rest of it aside, I've always been shocked just how long they take to get ready.....
Totally agree on both points šŸ¤£ always a lot of friction between group of females who donā€™t know each other forced together, and I know, wtf do they do šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø even when Iā€™m really trying to doll myself up it will take an hour max from getting out of the shower to being ready to roll!

Reactions: 2
My sister in law stormed off from her own hen do because we didnā€™t want to leave the club when she demanded. She got a taxi over 50 miles away back home after we spent a small fortune on renting an apartment.

Sheā€™s still a cow.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
I've been on one hen do. It was in Benidorm and it was extremely messy. We started drinking about 7.00am the day we flew out, carried on in the airport and on the flight and then went straight out as soon as we got to the hotel.

I've said many times that's the first and last hen do I'll ever go on. šŸ¤£

Fuuuuccckkkkkkk šŸ˜‚

Itā€™s unreal how these traits have emerged since she started seeing her bf! She was single for years and all of a sudden this guy appears on the scene.

Iā€™m hoping she asks somebody else to help her arrange stuff. I do think she will flip her lid over wedding planning šŸ˜¬
If she asked Iā€™d say Iā€™m honoured but Iā€™m useless at organising and it would be best if she asked someone else.

Reactions: 1
I was forced to pay upfront (at least Ā£280 for a weekend stay with night out in closest city) for a friend at a ā€œsurpriseā€ location which would be revealed the day before the hen do for attendees. All very cryptic, was only told it would be ā€˜within two hours from Londonā€™. It turned out to be at a house 15 minutes from where I lived...!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I was supposed to go on a hen do last month for a work colleague but obviously was cancelled.

Iā€™ve decided after reading this thread I am not going to attend if it is rearranged as this has confirmed that I really donā€™t like them and was only going to be polite šŸ™ˆ

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The bigger the hen do the more drama, in my personal opinion. Some people just want it to to look perfect for the gram

Best hen was a trip to Poland with 6 girls. Literally laughed all weekend no drama. Iā€™m having the same 6 girls for my low key hen.

worst was Liverpool with 24 girls. ( The Bride wanted a massive Hen ) My friend was maid of honour and was on the verge of a breakdown, with people pulling out, late payments for the trip people ignoring messages in groupchat The group separated into little groups. Massive clash of personalities Some of the girls were just little cows that Moaned at everything planned / booked apartments in Liverpool, cocktail making, naked butler who came to the apartment who left half way through the night to pick up drugs for couple of girls. Absolute nightmare 3 days

• Wow
Reactions: 3

That is defo a story they need to tell their kids if they stay together (and have kids obvs). Epic tale! Thanks for sharing x

I hate unreasonable hen dos. I don't know how anyone would be self absorbed enough to be comfortable with people chipping in for them to have very extravagant activities and holidays abroad. Sorry but I don't love you that much to justify it :p funnily enough my dearest friends never expected me to pay for them.

Reactions: 9
I hate unreasonable hen dos. I don't know how anyone would be self absorbed enough to be comfortable with people chipping in for them to have very extravagant activities and holidays abroad. Sorry but I don't love you that much to justify it :p funnily enough my dearest friends never expected me to pay for them.
Thatā€™s so true! I find it really uncomfortable and cheeky when expected to pay for the bride. I am not unsociable or miserable but I will defo not be having a hen do!

Reactions: 10
Just been reading this thread and sorry if I seem strange liking posts from a year ago... I thought they were written Feb 2021 not 2020 šŸ˜‚

I find hen dos quite awkward because it's the bringing together of one person's friends from all different walks of life. I just didn't really get on with my sister's uni friends or work colleagues šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø I always find it really expensive as well. I am a bit of an introvert though and find situations like that quite tiring!

I sound such a hoot... šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 12