Hen Do Horror Stories!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have never been on one and after reading these stories I am pretty glad about that. Do men go through the same stoopid tit with their stags, I wonder?

Reactions: 7
I have never been on one and after reading these stories I am pretty glad about that. Do men go through the same stoopid tit with their stags, I wonder?
Nope they don’t and that’s what annoys me a lot! Why do us women (especially those organising the hen do) have this pressure and expectation to organise an extravagant hen party?! Why do we need to make goody bags?! All the men do is get drunk 😂 can you imagine the stags turning up with matching goody bags 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Probs not! All they want is to get tit faced not a load of superficial shite!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I went to a friend’s hen do last summer, which was meant to be a sedate afternoon tea and pamper party at a fancy hotel in her home town. However, the bride had been knocking back the gin all morning and was paralytic by 2:30 in the afternoon. The whole party got thrown out of the hotel after the bride wet herself and cried so hard about it that she threw up...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
I've been on quite a few.one that stands out was a hen weekend away, had to get a plane (still within UK). Bride to be didnt get on with her future in laws at all. We flew out early and arrived and started drinking. By early evening there were already tensions. Rows and snide comments and the whole hen party ended up split into two groups. By the time the plane landed at home there was a bust up in the airport carpark and it took a long time for things to settle after 😂😂.
Ironically enough the marriage didnt last and they divorced after 4 years.
For my own hen party we had a pamper during the day then a meal and drinks. Was more of a chance for all my friends cousins etc to meet prior to the wedding and have some fun. I didnt want a fuss.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Nope they don’t and that’s what annoys me a lot! Why do us women (especially those organising the hen do) have this pressure and expectation to organise an extravagant hen party?! Why do we need to make goody bags?! All the men do is get drunk 😂 can you imagine the stags turning up with matching goody bags 😂😂
Probs not! All they want is to get tit faced not a load of superficial shite!
Kind of my point. It sounds utterly ridiculous going through all this fuss and expense. Just madness! 🤪

Reactions: 1
I’ve refused almost every hen invite I’ve ever received bar a couple of close friends. I’ve never gone on an abroad / holiday one - it is literally my idea of hell. Fortunately now I’m old and all my friends are married or divorced 😃. My hen do was one night (not even an afternoon) out. That was it. my Friends all had different budgets - it’s so rude to expect people to pay hundreds of pounds.

Reactions: 17
I don't have a massive group of friends, but i put a list together of "friends" i would have like to invite, and my then friend and MOH organised it. (Had specified literally just a meal out, nothing embarrassing or expensive). To start with, people who said they would come, then started to drop out, landing the MOH in more and more debt. She'd organised and paid for a limo. But, she expected people to get themselves to the town i lived in, and basically pay alot of money for a limo ride, back to the town they'd just left and lived in (because that's where the pub was she'd picked). I got suspicious that there was drama happening, and made a friend tell me what was going on.

In the middle of the meal, in a small quiet pub, she stood up and did a "this is your life" - big red book filled with old embarrassing photos. She stood there, making a show of herself to gain as much attention as possible because the whole pub was staring.

It was the worst night of my life, i hated everything and no longer speak to 90% of the people that came. Still happily married after 20 years though.

I'd never go on a hen night again.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
My only bridesmaid was my sister as we had a small wedding. I picked where we went (it was drinks in a pub, then a nightclub - so basically a normal night out) and she just did the admin. Anyway one of my best friends at the time started harassing her with messages saying I would never have picked the location, that I would hate it, and that she would sort it and spamming her with links to very expensive venues that were all champagne and cocktails and glitz. Then the same friend bought me a wedding dress (!) In a style she thought I should wear. Needless to say she was not at the hen nor at the wedding where I wore a dress I chose myself.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
My only bridesmaid was my sister as we had a small wedding. I picked where we went (it was drinks in a pub, then a nightclub - so basically a normal night out) and she just did the admin. Anyway one of my best friends at the time started harassing her with messages saying I would never have picked the location, that I would hate it, and that she would sort it and spamming her with links to very expensive venues that were all champagne and cocktails and glitz. Then the same friend bought me a wedding dress (!) In a style she thought I should wear. Needless to say she was not at the hen nor at the wedding where I wore a dress I chose myself.
She bought you a wedding dress without your input?! Wow.

Reactions: 2
My ex mother in law to be did this 😂😂 it was the most vile thing I’ve ever seen. Imagine you smoke 40fags a year for 20 years and wore the same white dress the entire time. That’s what it looked liked. 🙈 I had a lucky escape.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Yup! I don't live near my family so she came to the first dress shop I went to with me (pre all the weird behaviour) decided what I liked was too 'obvious' (I was looking for a short sixties style lace dress which, while not that unsual is also not that usual either so I was a bit offended by that too) and so went looking for something more 'original'. It was a see through lace thing that would have required a slip and for me to lose weight when I was a comfortable size 10 at the time.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Anyway one of my best friends at the time started harassing her with messages saying I would never have picked the location, that I would hate it, and that she would sort it and spamming her with links to very expensive venues that were all champagne and cocktails and glitz. Then the same friend bought me a wedding dress (!) In a style she thought I should wear.
Controlling or what!?

I fractured my ankle at my best friends hen night, had to go down the aisle in a cast, I was the maid of honour!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
I've been on loads and would love to give all the goss, but really can't my friends are pretty wild in one group & we've had some great times away, Marbs, Ibiza, Spain etc. We did Amsterdam with a mixture of age groups & there was something for everyone, it could have been wild but it was pretty tame. I organised the hen in marbs & amsterdam but were very different, Dam was on a budget & Marbs was no expense spared, we had people in doing food for us at the 14 bed villa, butlers, exclusive clubs etc it was great. My own was in our local town with a tropical theme grass skirts & hula bits.

Reactions: 3
For my hen do my MOH arranges for us to go on a national holiday mystery tour! Ended up in Telford but was such a good weekend!

I've declined a few hen party's because it just gets too expensive... One was for 2 nights in Bournemouth and it was £300 for accommodation and 1 activity. We also had to find money for travel, drinks, food and outfits as each night had a different fancy dress theme. So I just said it was too much (although the bride's sister said that she'd pay and I can pay her back in installments to which I declined)

Anyway I think the money aspect is the worst part and expecting to do so much. I got married a long time ago and had a night out in our local Town centre, we did some predrinking and funny games in the garden, went to a pop club and when all the oldies went home I ended up at a metal night ✌. It was amazing.

Now all my friends are starting to get married and most seem to have 3 hen partys (one abroad, one in UK trip away and one local night out) some of them have confessed to me they think it's unnecessary and really enjoyed my hen night, most of the time these trips are for the 'gram.

If you feel the need to 'have a local night so more people can come' maybe you can just do that in the first place?

I know this is not so much a horror story just general musings but the amount that is expected to be paid for is horrific. Recently my friend was organising a hen party and they require a £2000 security deposit for the house, then each person going paid £200 or something. My friend stupidly paid up front and people dropped out, things got damaged, they lost the security deposit. 😱

• Wow
Reactions: 14
I will be making a polite excuse to not go if I ever get invited to one. Thankfully most of my friends are married and it wasnt a big thing to go on a holiday and have huge expensive nights out etc. I just cba with them to be honest.

I didn't have one for my wedding.

The air bnb we booked (in Manchester, so it's not even like we were in another country) was completely different to the pictures we were shown. The door to get into the flat block was faulty and didn't work half the time so we had to prop it open, it was supposed to be an apartment for a possible 12 of us, but when we got there it was a 2 bed flat with 5 double beds shoved into the 2 rooms- no balcony that we were promised to be seen either.

We'd booked for a spa afternoon that came to us, so we somehow had to empty one of the rooms of the beds to fit one of the massage tables in. The hosts ignored all our messages while we were there, but I think we eventually got some money back- that I think went to the bride and groom as a present cause they announced they were pregnant at the wedding.

• Wow
  • Angry
What I’m really hurt about is the fact that people think it’s ok to back out despite saying they would come for ages! I’ve had 4 people back out so far which is setting me back £340.. why say yes if you’re not going to commit??!!
The one I’m going to, the MOH said if you commit then change your mind, you still have to pay as it’s not fair on everyone else to pay the difference.

The brides worrying as one of the bridesmaids doesn’t work, is trying for her 2nd baby and has said she won’t be have money until the day it’s due, which is next month!

• Wow
Reactions: 4