Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Marito11

I personally really enjoyed my hen do however I have been on a crappy one.

We all paid the same but somehow I managed to be forgotten about meaning I didn’t have an actual bed. So I spent the 2 nights sleeping on the floor with my coat. The MOH was a royal bitch and basically told us to do exactly as she said.
Bore fest

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 16

Pinkblush

VIP Member
My sister in law asked me to be chief bridesmaid and the kids to be flower girls/pageboys

That was fine

What wasn’t fine is the fact she turned into bloody bridezilla

Her mindset seemed to be ‘I want this that and the other but I don’t want to pay for it-it’s my day and everyone else should pay for it’

She forced/guilt tripped me into buying outfits in one colour-then changed her mind (I almost got into debt)

Had me running round town for her-at my own cost-for whatever it was she wanted that day

I could fill the thread with everything but you get the idea-this went on for 9 months-every bloody day brought new demands at a cost to either me or someone else as she wanted it all for free

So anyway-I had to sort the hen do

At the time I was a single mum to 6 so not had loads of spare cash-I was also bringing up kids/school/nursery runs/collage/working part time

I organised a lovely day at a spa (her idea)

I got (forced) all her mates to cough up as I didn’t have the money to pay upfront and some of em thought I’d sub them-I’m talking about 12 hens and over two grand (I paid almost £300 out of my own money on top of everything else I was forced to pay for)

Went to a lot of trouble to sort all this out and make her day special-in fact I made myself ill over the stress of it all

She then uninvited me on the day-an hour before we where due to set off for this spa day cos ‘you’ll find it hard to get childcare’ (I had in fact sorted childcare) and invited a mate of hers to take my place at my expense-she hadn’t lifted a finger to sort any of this apart from to ring me all the sodding time with more demands

so on the day itself I stood on her dress (accidentally) and tore it a tiny bit-I’m talking a few stitches

She screamed at me for being ‘an idiot’ and how ‘she could just punch me’

I made it to the wedding breakfast without punching her-(tempted tho) then I saw red-and I stole their wedding cake-snuck it out the building and gave it to my kids for breakfast the following morning

We don’t speak anymore...
Reminds me of an episode of judge judy that I watched about a woman being out of pocket on hen night costs and then also being uninvited . The bride was fuming when judy awarded costs to the organiser and tried to plead but judy basically called her a satan bride and told her to shut up 😃

• Haha

Laur91

VIP Member
What is it about hen dos and weddings that turn women into bloody knot heads?!

Why are people so greedy, what more did she want?!

If I get married (currently been with my partner 15 years and still have t got round to getting married 😂😂) I won’t even bother having a hen do and i couldn’t give a toss what the wedding is like either tbh as long as I’m married at the end of it, who cares?!
that’s what it is I think, like she had this attitude of ‘this is my day and you need to make it special for ME’ and all other airs and graces go out the window! Women just seem to forget that it’s a bloody privelidge to have other people spend their hard earned money on you and pay for you to do something that we didn’t even ask you to do!!

We didn’t ask you to get engaged or married but here we are paying for it! 😂

you’ve got the right idea and I feel the same, its scarred me for life and I’ll never go on a hen do again let alone want one myself!

aimee2401

I'm a proper bridesmaid for the first time next year... the bride has chosen 3 people who all live in different countries! However the hen is expected to be in Ibiza... I really would love to go and if I save can afford it but damn... I'd kill for a night out with blow up dicks tbh!

• Haha

Belleboo

VIP Member
I can’t believe some brides expect to be paid for that’s ridiculous! I had my own hen do and I’ve been on many both home and abroad and never have I been asked to pay for the bride. Yes obviously you buy her a cocktail or two but the entitlement of expecting other people to pay for you is disgraceful. The worst I’ve had is sheer bad planning, it took us 12 hours to get from the UK (Leeds) to a hotel in Majorca. I’m not even sure how it was possible 🤔

BetsyGreen

I got invited to a work colleagues hen do about 5 years ago and it was obviously to make up numbers but I knew a couple of the other girls who would be there so I thought I’d do the decent thing and go. The theme was to wear something pink 🤢. We got the train to the city centre. Upon arrival we discovered the only things that were organised was the hotel and dinner that night! We ended up having lunch in McDonalds then everyone debated what they would do for the afternoon. Myself and one of the other girls decided we would go shopping, get our makeup done and have a few cocktails and we were all to meet back at the hotel at 5.30pm. We got to the hotel and discovered there were 3 of us sharing a room in a shitty budget ibis hotel and you couldn’t swing a cat in the room. The bathroom door was see through so no privacy whatsoever. The bunk beds were kids IKEA bunk beds. We met in the bride’s room then went downstairs to go for dinner. No one had organised transport to the restaurant or knew where it was. I had to organise several taxis to get us there as her sisters and bridesmaids were complete hillbillies and hadn’t a clue.
We got to the restaurant and we were the only ones in the place on a Saturday night. The food was rank, everyone complained about it. The cocktails were like ice cream sundaes and 4 of us were sitting at one end of the table thinking wtf!
The bride wanted to go out for proper cocktails after dinner but nobody knew where to go. I suggested a few places and the majority of them hmmed and haad. The bride then decided we should go back to hotel - this was at 8pm. They drank blue WKD in the room then decided they would go out but nobody could decide where to go. The bride asked me where we could go. I listed a number of places and they all stood round and debated what to do. There was a great bar right beside the hotel but the brides sisters all said they didn’t want to go there. The bride eventually decided we would go to a nightclub. By this stage the hotel manager had taken pity on us and was also recommending places to go. He told the bride it was too early to go to the nightclub as it was around 9 by this time and there were some lovely bars in the cathedral quarter that would be perfect. He organised taxis for us and we headed there. Once we got there the bride decided we would go straight to the nightclub. The place was dead!! By this stage nobody could be arsed and everyone was sitting around and her sisters were moaning that we should have stayed in the room drinking!! 20 of us crammed into a room. The hotel didn’t have an alcohol licence so no bar. We stayed in the nightclub until it closed then went back to the hotel. A couple of us got chatting to some of the residents and finally had a bit of craic and entertainment. The next morning myself and the two girls I was sharing with got up for breakfast only to be told there was no breakfast and we we’re getting the next train home! No thought, no planning and no communication! Worst hen do I’ve ever been on. Best of it was that only 7 people who attended her hen do were invited to the wedding. I could have had a nice relaxing weekend at home rather than being bored out of my skull

• Wow
Reactions: 15

Auntsally

I don't have a massive group of friends, but i put a list together of "friends" i would have like to invite, and my then friend and MOH organised it. (Had specified literally just a meal out, nothing embarrassing or expensive). To start with, people who said they would come, then started to drop out, landing the MOH in more and more debt. She'd organised and paid for a limo. But, she expected people to get themselves to the town i lived in, and basically pay alot of money for a limo ride, back to the town they'd just left and lived in (because that's where the pub was she'd picked). I got suspicious that there was drama happening, and made a friend tell me what was going on.

In the middle of the meal, in a small quiet pub, she stood up and did a "this is your life" - big red book filled with old embarrassing photos. She stood there, making a show of herself to gain as much attention as possible because the whole pub was staring.

It was the worst night of my life, i hated everything and no longer speak to 90% of the people that came. Still happily married after 20 years though.

I'd never go on a hen night again.

• Wow

Feeiona

Hen parties are a joke now. I know some people that have had 3 of them, one for family, one for pals at home then one abroad. I organised my own hen night
Expense was low and everyone had a fab night. My bridesmaids has wee surprises for me which was lovely.

Herefortheteeeee

I have had friends cut me out of their lives for not being able to afford to attend their hen or their wedding on the other side of the country. This was 5 or 6 years ago and it still bothers me how nasty people can be. Thank god I didn’t waste the money!

Youtubegossip

VIP Member
I love hen do’s but I’ve never had to plan one. I just pay my money. Go where and when I’m told and get drunk 😂

• Haha
My friends hen do was turn up a pub that did food at 1 a clock in a saturday afternoon have lunch and stay out as long as wanted pub crawl. She picked a pub that had light bites or meals everyone ordered and paid for what they had. All us guest did was bring some embarrassing things to make the bride wear or have photos with to make it abit different to a saturday drink.
She didnt let us pay for her meal or pudding but we kept making sure her glass was always full when she wasnt looking and slipping money back in her bag when she gave for her round.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
The hen I went to tonight was ok actually, I had a good time. Felt nice to be around people. No cringe games. Kept my resting bitch face in check.

What was funny was hearing people bitch about someone and then 15minutes later they’re taking selfie’s together and uploading them to Facebook acting like best mates. It really hit me how fake social media is. Like when you see those pictures where women are all stood side by side, the reality is they probably don’t all get along as well as they make out on SM🤣 it’s the real life interactions that count.

Coconutbug

I've declined a few hen party's because it just gets too expensive... One was for 2 nights in Bournemouth and it was £300 for accommodation and 1 activity. We also had to find money for travel, drinks, food and outfits as each night had a different fancy dress theme. So I just said it was too much (although the bride's sister said that she'd pay and I can pay her back in installments to which I declined)

Anyway I think the money aspect is the worst part and expecting to do so much. I got married a long time ago and had a night out in our local Town centre, we did some predrinking and funny games in the garden, went to a pop club and when all the oldies went home I ended up at a metal night ✌. It was amazing.

Now all my friends are starting to get married and most seem to have 3 hen partys (one abroad, one in UK trip away and one local night out) some of them have confessed to me they think it's unnecessary and really enjoyed my hen night, most of the time these trips are for the 'gram.

If you feel the need to 'have a local night so more people can come' maybe you can just do that in the first place?

I know this is not so much a horror story just general musings but the amount that is expected to be paid for is horrific. Recently my friend was organising a hen party and they require a £2000 security deposit for the house, then each person going paid £200 or something. My friend stupidly paid up front and people dropped out, things got damaged, they lost the security deposit. 😱

• Wow

a.pain

VIP Member
I ended up at an Anne Summers party with my MIL, not once but TWICE 😬
I was at one where during a game, the bride and her mother were asked to act out the brides favourite sex position. The worst part was they both seemed more comfortable doing it than everyone else watching it

• Sick
  • Haha
  • Wow

MISSMURDER

My friend couldnt get anyone to agree on things to do so me her and our other mate buggered off to dublin for the weekend and saved her the stress

• Heart

slugella

VIP Member
I have a hen coming up and it is honestly just the disorganisation of it all!
The cost was originally going to be something like £60 and then without warning jumped up to £115 with a sorry we miscalculated if you could pay that ASAP that would be great as if we all have £55 sitting about in JANUARY. (How do you miscalculate £55????)
A similar thing has just happened to me! We are going abroad for the weekend and the flights were miscalculated and we ended up oweing an extra £90! And the original price she quoted us was way more than I ever would have paid for the destination. Even the flight times are badly organised.

We also got no say in the accommodation and it's pretty expensive. She just booked it and was like "so you owe me £x by the end of the month".

If I had a hen party I would be happy just having a night out. It's so much money now. Is it the instagram effect where everyone wants this OTT hen? And then what about the people close to you that would love to celebrate with you but can't afford it.

This is my first hen party and I am looking forward to it just a shame about the organisation. I will definitely be more vocal in future 😂

Lynseyp

VIP Member
I can't be done with hen holidays, when i got married many years ago we all met up in a pub then headed on down to a nice restaurant had plenty to eat and was drinking from willy straws, then onto a pub after then met up with the stags and got the bus home. Perfect night.

• Heart

TheDuchess

Chatty Member
Omg this thread is giving me the fear!😬

I am dreading being asked by my best friend of 30 years to help plan her hen party if she gets engaged to her boyfriend. It’s her first serious relationship and she acts like she is a relationship guru now 🙄

I just KNOW she will be a bridezilla. She’ll want to go away somewhere.

I didn’t have a hen party as I simply didn’t want one but she kept sending me spa day ideas etc. She just wouldn’t accept that I didn’t want to have one.

She can be a right bossy mare sometimes, I told my husband I would even dread being in her bridal party if I was asked. I’d much rather just be a guest and not be bossed about thank you very much!

• Haha
  • Heart

Babyyoda88

VIP Member
I really think Hen dos really show people’s true colours!
I agree. I had a small hen do. It was a spa stay and really good value. I invited some close friends and cousins. I told them I really understood if they didn’t want to go but just to let me know so I know how many to book for. I understood a spa wouldn’t have been everyone’s cup of tea so wouldn’t hold it against them.
However I literally had one cousin read the messages and never responded once. No acknowledgement, not even an excuse nothing. Just blanked the whole event. It was awkward when I had to see her again at a family party and I don’t think I’ll ever look at her in the same light.
Another friend who I thought I was really close to, used the hen and the wedding as a whole to just completely ignore me. Never responded to the hen, never responded to the wedding invitation and we just didn’t speak again which I found really weird because we were close.
I hate fuss and making people feel uncomfortable about attending something they would rather not. But most of all I can’t stand ignorant people.

• Sad