Helen Anderson #28 Engagement hasn’t been this bad since Maff

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
what’s the big life news? Announcing her love of clickbait?
The big news is that she is getting her ADHD medication.... I thought she said she decided she didn't need it despite having 'severe' ADHD?

She also said that someone commented saying they wish she'd show what she was doing in her vlogs rather than just talking about it. And she went on to say how she didn't want to be disrespectful and vlog her friends when she hadn't seen them in a long time. Not sure why she vlogs then because she really doesn't show anything exciting in them 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 11
It's nice to see that Helga's channelling Rita Fairclough's love of glitzy long
Isn't that her surname or have I made that up?
Looked it uo. Her surname is Howard, is her husbands name the same?
Baby is called sylvie
Ah, thank you. Just as well it's not Danni Baker.
---

The big news is that she is getting her ADHD medication.... I thought she said she decided she didn't need it despite having 'severe' ADHD?

She also said that someone commented saying they wish she'd show what she was doing in her vlogs rather than just talking about it. And she went on to say how she didn't want to be disrespectful and vlog her friends when she hadn't seen them in a long time. Not sure why she vlogs then because she really doesn't show anything exciting in them 😅
With the ADHD meds I can only surmise that the prescription is a private one but yes, she has said in many a blog that she doesn't want to be medicated. My son has been taking meds for years now but only on school days. It's a version of speed which has the opposite affect on a brain with ADHD.

I agree that it was a clickbait title, I'd have preferred it if she had announced her pregnancy with a half Helga/half sausage dog baby.

Her blogs *are* getting samey though.

Reactions: 5
Nice to see the return of the 'played' shirt.

Edit: re the ADHD medication I'm pretty sure you can only get an NHS prescrition if you have an NHS diagnosis so it must be a very expensive private one.

Reactions: 4
Nice to see the return of the 'played' shirt.

Edit: re the ADHD medication I'm pretty sure you can only get an NHS prescrition if you have an NHS diagnosis so it must be a very expensive private one.
You're correct.

Waiting 5 years to be seen through the NHS for a confirmed diagnosis after seeking support through an educational psychologist at my university. It's been a really hard road to manage without support or medication but theres coping strategies I've hard to learn (and unlearn) in that time.

Being treated privately isn't an option for me. So I'm very interested to see her journey. Hope it's straight forward for her as its been an utter hell scape for me so far.

(Edited because I didn't make sense!)

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m sorry but that All Saints bag is awful. It looks so cheap. I had one identical from Primark about 10 years ago 🤣
Can someone explain why a bag that costs that much comes in a gross plastic bag inside a box? Wouldn’t that make the leather sweat or is that the idea? Makes it look ever cheaper imo. Plus, plastic. Ew.

Reactions: 13
Isn't that her surname or have I made that up?
Looked it uo. Her surname is Howard, is her husbands name the same?
Baby is called sylvie
Her husband's first name is Baker I think, that's what Helen always refers to him as anyway!

Reactions: 3
The bag doesn't look like something intended to hold the weight of a laptop, judging by the thin straps. I've said it before but the Matt & Nat bag she bought years ago was really practical for the purposes she described, wonder what happened to it?

Reactions: 9
I thought she got them taken out awhile ago? Or at least most of them? She did have extensions for years, probably kindly gifted.
She said a few videos back that it's all her hair now. You can really tell because it's not as thick.

She said a few videos back that it's all her hair now. You can really tell because it's not as thick.
Oh yes I remember in a Q&A on Instagram someone asked her plans for house extension and she answered that no, she doesn’t have hair extensions anymore 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Her husband's first name is Baker I think, that's what Helen always refers to him as anyway!
Ah ... thank you. I wondered whether he was actually a purveyor of baked goods and maybe worked at Helga's fave emporium of carbs, Breadsource?
---

Oh yes I remember in a Q&A on Instagram someone asked her plans for house extension and she answered that no, she doesn’t have hair extensions anymore 😆
Just imaging applying for planning permission to the local council to extend her own locks to Rapunzel lengths?

• Haha
£250 is insane for that all saints bag but tbh, I liked it. Gave me old Helen vibes from when she was actually cool in 2013.

£250 is insane for that all saints bag but tbh, I liked it. Gave me old Helen vibes from when she was actually cool in 2013.
I also really liked the bag. But I cannot justify spending that amount of money on a tote bag from all sainta

She probably got it cos her all saints jacket won't get past her wrists now.

• Haha
iirc ADHD meds and alcohol don’t mix well. I wonder if Helen didn’t want to go on meds because of this when she was first diagnosed. Personally I think she was overdoing it on the drinking because she was in a shite relationship, I’ve been there and it was awful.

Reactions: 9
She probably got it cos her all saints jacket won't get past her wrists now.
I guess she's never got rid of it like Mollie Campsie did when she went fully vegan? Mumsnet love an All Saints Leather jacket but I cannot fit into the largest size. Boo! I do recall our Helga saying that she used to nick Mark's one before she bought her own.
---

iirc ADHD meds and alcohol don’t mix well. I wonder if Helen didn’t want to go on meds because of this when she was first diagnosed. Personally I think she was overdoing it on the drinking because she was in a shite relationship, I’ve been there and it was awful.
They almost certainly don't because it'd be like mixing speed and booze.

Reactions: 2
I've just come in here to scream STOP SAYING PLAYED SHIRT FFS!!!

it's even worse when it's literally just a shirt and there's nothing plaid about it. >_<

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.