Helen Anderson #26 I never set out to be an inlfuencer

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Think she’s been reading tattle in the airport? Every story in Magaluf she looked bored and almost kind of disgusted by the whole thing. 2 stories saying the best bits were an ice cream and a toblerone. Now she’s saying how BRILLIANT it was... I’m not buying it.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Maybe she met someone on her tit holiday friends hen do that wanted to be her friend.

Reactions: 6
Thoughts?
It’s just her usual whiny, navel gazing nonsense 🙄. And it is a moan and a dig because that‘s what she always does when something triggers her.

Like all influencers she choses how much of her life she reveals online - she could choose to keep certain things to herself but she doesn’t. She can’t be bothered to make decent content and she doesn’t have a speciality to focus on (such as makeup/style/books/commentary) so she’s reliant on clickbait titles and talking about her life. She’s the one who constantly brings up babies and marriage, she’s the one who shows her partner on videos and frequently digs him out online, she’s the one who talks about her various health issues. There plenty of YouTubers I watch who I have very little idea of their personal lives because it’s not the focus of their content. Helen is a bit like a reality TV star in that she has no discernible talent and make a living by selling her life.

And she’s got some nerve whining about people invading her privacy when she constantly films people and puts them online - there’s no way she always checks that it’s ok with people before she whacks up a video with them in it.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Then don’t share all of your bleeping life online Helen? You’ve manipulated young people into thinking it’s normal that they are having tea and biccies on your sofa with you and the dogs.
without them, you wouldn’t have that #gifted sofa would you? No.

Reactions: 24
Thoughts?
She's right in theory but fails to consider the fact that she constantly overshares and clickbaits her viewers. I came across the other site and ultimately this one when she was seperated from Maff and kept hinting at it but got rude with anyone who asked where he was or other questions related to her relationship after she had just very publicly shared her wedding and life. I was genuinely just a fan who wanted to know what was happening with my fav creator and if she was okay. A simple 'please stop asking about x, will explain in future' would have been fine.

If you have issues with people feeling like they know too much or are entitled to your life, create content that isn't personal and sort out your boundaries. All Helen makes are vlogs about her personal life then gets upset if people ask questions about stuff they see or wonder where certain friends they enjoyed watching are? Same with the ADHD, don't do a vlog all about it then get mad when people share stories or advice on what they did to try and help you. The lines are so blurred that knowing about her pube length is fine but it's overstepping to ask where a friend is who used to feature in vlogs a lot? Like what?

Sammi Jefcoate does a great job at creating content that people love yet still reinforcing boundaries that she feels ok about so people respect that! She has vlogs but edits out the bits that are personal. There's no confusion and she's assertive but kind when establishing herself.

Rant over but god.

(tldr: Right in theory, unfair in practice when Helen blurs the boundaries and it's hard to know what's ok vs what isn't)

• Heart
Reactions: 35
She's right in theory but fails to consider the fact that she constantly overshares and clickbaits her viewers. I came across the other site and ultimately this one when she was seperated from Maff and kept hinting at it but got rude with anyone who asked where he was or other questions related to her relationship after she had just very publicly shared her wedding and life. I was genuinely just a fan who wanted to know what was happening with my fav creator and if she was okay. A simple 'please stop asking about x, will explain in future' would have been fine.

If you have issues with people feeling like they know too much or are entitled to your life, create content that isn't personal and sort out your boundaries. All Helen makes are vlogs about her personal life then gets upset if people ask questions about stuff they see or wonder where certain friends they enjoyed watching are? Same with the ADHD, don't do a vlog all about it then get mad when people share stories or advice on what they did to try and help you. The lines are so blurred that knowing about her pube length is fine but it's overstepping to ask where a friend is who used to feature in vlogs a lot? Like what?

Sammi Jefcoate does a great job at creating content that people love yet still reinforcing boundaries that she feels ok about so people respect that! She has vlogs but edits out the bits that are personal. There's no confusion and she's assertive but kind when establishing herself.

Rant over but god.

(tldr: Right in theory, unfair in practice when Helen blurs the boundaries and it's hard to know what's ok vs what isn't)
You’ve just articulated exactly my thoughts! Fine if it gets her clicks, not if it doesn’t!

• Heart
I can totally appreciate that being asked unwelcome personal questions by strangers would be alarming. But then I don’t generally tell most people about personal things like my sex toys, sex life, smear tests, mental health issues, relationship status, divorce, views on abortion, views on marriage and kids, my periods, my size/weight, whenever I get the shits etc. If I did, I guess I would expect those topics could crop up in conversation with people who have heard me talk about that

Reactions: 28
Is she high?

She literally tells the world every time she has a bowel movement 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Thoughts?
I mean. The woman tells us when she's had a bowel movement, how is anyone supposed to know which question or topic is crossing a line?

Also noticed she's really upped the over exaggerated gesturing and mannerisms in her latest videos. Really going hard for that definite ADHD diagnosis isn't she.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Is this somehow something she's not considered before....? She's been doing this for years and seemingly hasn't considered her boundaries and doesn't know what they are. As people have pointed out, she's happy enough using her personal life for clickbait, but doesn't want viewers want to have a conversation about it. If that's her stance then that's fine but I'm not sure how sustainable or healthy that approach is. If she doesn't want to talk about topics like marriage and pregnancy then that's totally OK but maybe don't keep mentioning it in videos because that gives your audience the impression that you're comfortable to discuss the topics. Especially if they're included in a Q&A!

It feels like a lot of influencers mainly focus on weekly vlog style videos now. I'm assuming it's easier to film a 'follow me around getting my nails done and unboxing PR stuff' than to make an old school sit down and talk about a topic style of video. Mainly because a lot of these people don't have anything useful or original to say, but that's another story. It would be easy for someone with good boundaries to include some very personal stuff if your approach is just to chatter away to the camera with every thought that pops into your head throughout the day. Having said that, the screenshot above shows she's including these topics in pre planned videos too!

Don't want to talk about it? Then don't talk about it.

Reactions: 19
There are so many YouTubers who maintain boundaries with their audiences by simply not discussing certain topics or at least not in depth. I can’t imagine that stops people asking personal questions, cause “fans” are nosy as hell and will chance their luck, but it makes it clear that some things are off limits and the relationship between viewer and “creator” (🤢) is a semi-professional one.
Someone has clearly asked a question that caught her off guard and that made her uncomfortable, and that’s perfectly okay to feel like that…but it sounds like she is shifting the blame on to the audience as if they are somehow in the wrong for asking. I can’t think of many personal topics she hasn’t spoken about not just publicly but literally TO US in sit-down chatty YouTube videos. The world is a ruthless place and women get a lot of questions about a lot of things that we shouldn’t, but if you actively discuss things like abortion, having children etc not just as concepts but in specific reference to your own life in a public forum, it’s not unreasonable to assume you are going to be asked about it.

Reactions: 19
Then don’t share all of your bleeping life online Helen? You’ve manipulated young people into thinking it’s normal that they are having tea and biccies on your sofa with you and the dogs.
without them, you wouldn’t have that #gifted sofa would you? No.
She bought the sofa herself - it wasn't gifted. She used the money out of her business account and said something like "oh well I would have spent the money going to Florida anyway".

Reactions: 4
I wouldn’t put it past her that she’s just saying this for engagement and there was no person. however, as you’ve all said, she’s an oversharer, so she can’t be annoyed if these things do happen.

Reactions: 8
It did cross my mind that she’s a bit cross that her Tattle threads have slowed down considerably so she’s given us something to talk about!

She bought the sofa herself - it wasn't gifted. She used the money out of her business account and said something like "oh well I would have spent the money going to Florida anyway".
She’d love it if she to had the influencer status to get herself a gifted Loaf sofa, but she just ain’t all that 😆.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I wouldn’t put it past her that she’s just saying this for engagement and there was no person. however, as you’ve all said, she’s an oversharer, so she can’t be annoyed if these things do happen.
Wouldn’t surprise me either. After hiding Phil from her content for no apparent reason, this is just her latest attempt at engagement over her « content ».

Reactions: 10
I cannot believe how dry and unhealthy her hair looks?!? I’m sorry but a box dye won’t fix that damage 😳
1F040C18-8950-409A-BD4E-C47B05876E74.jpeg

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.