Helen Anderson #19 overfed, her subscribers are dead

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As someone with a Mc surname and Irish ancestry, I can vouch that pronouncing McDonalds ‘Muck’ is correct. Mick is ….acceptable ish (but very clunky sounding to British/Irish ears) but definitely not Mack as it’s McDonalds not MacDonalds.

Mac is (more often) the Scots way. Both mean ‘son of’ Mc is more likely Irish, Mac is more likely Scottish. So someone with the surname MacGuire would be ‘Mack Guire’ and someone with the surname McLean would be pronounced ‘Muck-lean’ or ‘Muh-Clean’ (just like the F1 team McLaren is pronounced ‘Muh-Claren’ not ‘Mick-Laren’ or ‘Mack-Laren’

and that’s the end of the lesson today folks 🤣 I’m a bit of an etymology geek if you hadn’t worked that out 😆😊
I loved this lesson and did wonder about the Muck/Mac thing!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Price of an all expenses covered trip!
I would much rather pay for my own day out than put up with Helga constantly babbling on for 16 hours and filming me for her content. I would have ended up screaming ‘shut up, shut up, shut up’ after about 15 minutes in that minibus 😆.

She couldn’t get tickets for Download, that’s why she’s not going. She’s probably confused as to why her ‘famous influencer’ status didn’t mean she‘s top of the list.

Looking at this I’m wondering if it’s all too much effort for her as well - shes not keen on following and procedures or putting herself out in even the slightest way, is she?

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 23
As someone with a Mc surname and Irish ancestry, I can vouch that pronouncing McDonalds ‘Muck’ is correct. Mick is ….acceptable ish (but very clunky sounding to British/Irish ears) but definitely not Mack as it’s McDonalds not MacDonalds.

Mac is (more often) the Scots way. Both mean ‘son of’ Mc is more likely Irish, Mac is more likely Scottish. So someone with the surname MacGuire would be ‘Mack Guire’ and someone with the surname McLean would be pronounced ‘Muck-lean’ or ‘Muh-Clean’ (just like the F1 team McLaren is pronounced ‘Muh-Claren’ not ‘Mick-Laren’ or ‘Mack-Laren’

and that’s the end of the lesson today folks 🤣 I’m a bit of an etymology geek if you hadn’t worked that out 😆😊
McLean is pronounced McLane!

McLeod is McLoud

Scotland is a funny place.

• Wow
Reactions: 11

As a actual Irish person with a Mc surname, it's pronounced mick lmao I cant stand when people say my name like muck or mack

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Most people in Scotland call it mick-Donald’s, only time I hear it shortened is to mick-dees. “maccys” makes me cringe I’m sorry

Reactions: 8
well my household calls it smaccy dee dees so I hope that's not traumatised you all too much

Her latest insta post.. 'I 'ave the teeniest tiniest 'ands cos I need somefink I like about myself to cling on to even though i'm a size 14 you sllaaagggs'

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
How dense to think that there would be ANY availability. It’s less than two months away, to an already popular destination, during the busiest summer month REGARDLESS of the circumstances and the fact that everyone’s doing a staycation this year?!
What an flaming idiot.
.... even pre covid this seems ambitious. They could just go in September when it's still Summer but kids are back at school so it's probably cheaper and quieter. She can take her annual leave whenever she wants, why book a UK holiday slap bang in the middle of the school hols if you don't have to!? It's like when retired people take the caravan to the seaside on a bank holiday weekend.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
She’s probably desperate to make a video about camping outfits and preparation ideas for camping or some sorta video about how to put Leon sauces into camping friendly bottles! Helen if you are watching this thread you can find other camping spots you don’t have to jump on the band wagon for popular spots in order to fit in…find a random camping spot and live dangerously! 😂😂😂

• Haha
How dense to think that there would be ANY availability. It’s less than two months away, to an already popular destination, during the busiest summer month REGARDLESS of the circumstances and the fact that everyone’s doing a staycation this year?!
What an flaming idiot.
This has got to be a beg for a free trip right? Or is she that stupid that she honestly thought she’d be able to get something booked.

Sorry for the double post but lol, no Helga, you have great big ham slabs for hands.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 30
This has got to be a beg for a free trip right? Or is she that stupid that she honestly thought she’d be able to get something booked.
I was thinking the same, like with her NC500 trip which ended up being mostly sponsored/ads. She'll be hoping some holiday park takes pity on her and finds her something now.

Maybe I'm expecting too much common sense but surely you first have a look to see what/if any accommodation is available before you ask thousands of people for suggestions for things to do?

I booked my June holiday to Cornwall back in February and even then there were only 12 available Airbnbs for the whole of Cornwall available for the week I went which wasn't even during school hols.

Reactions: 20

As a linguist and a 'forinner' living in the UK I'm loving this, thanks for the details 😊
I ended up going to the McDonald's UK YouTube channel too checkout how they pronounce it in their own ads and yup, "Muck Donald's". You live and learn 😆

Yeah I'm not buying that Helen is waiting on next year's Download, I reckon she couldn't get tickets or company to go with

Reactions: 16
I reckon the thing with her not going to the mini Download this year is that she knows none of the bands as they’re not ones you can buy tshirts of from asos and missguided and look like a kewl rawk chick \m/
That and no freebie ticket…

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I’d be amazed if it works given the astronomical demand and prices for UK holidays this year - why would you bother giving some influencer a free week in a spot you’ve got 50 paying customers queuing up for? Helga might have to just stay at home 😆.

Download tickets were actually really easy to get. They were still in stock for like a week or so after release which is odd considering the small amount of tickets. I can imagine she just doesnt want to do the tests/ couldn't find people to go with her. They announced it really short notice and if I friends have normal jobs it would be difficult to suddenly get time off during summer.

Download tickets were actually really easy to get. They were still in stock for like a week or so after release which is odd considering the small amount of tickets. I can imagine she just doesnt want to do the tests/ couldn't find people to go with her. They announced it really short notice and if I friends have normal jobs it would be difficult to suddenly get time off during summer.
Interesting that the tickets didn’t sell out super quickly. I think the assessment that she can’t be arsed with the testing and probably can’t rope people into going with her at such short notice is spot on though.

I also think @codeine has it too - she doesn’t know who any of the bands are 😆. You can just imagine her blabbing on to Phil and Dani about how “all the bands are tit anyway“ because she’s not got a clue who most of them are.

Reactions: 20
To be honest, I love Download festival, but I am also skipping this year, as there is not a single band I would want to see. I listen to a lot of rock & metal bands, but none of them are on this year. :oops:

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.