Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

rosejaxon19

Azelaic acid is brilliant for reducing redness, and specifically targets rosacea. Facetheory, who I believe are vegan and cruelty free, do a combination niacinamide and azelaic acid serum, and whilst they are mid-range, they often have discount codes available
I did use the ordinary’s azelaic acid but felt like it wasn’t doing anything for me, but maybe I didn’t give it long enough to work! I’ll deffo retry it and look into Facetheory thank you!

How often do you use it? I was so excited to get niacinamide after hearing such rave reviews (I have rosacea and combination skin) and it made me break out in lots of very very small spots, I read this can happen if the concentrate is too high and that it's not a product that can cause purging, I now only use it very occasionally if I want to avoid oiliness for a day but don't really know how to build it up to benefit from more long term effects.
When I first got it I was using it morning and night after cleansing, but it always seems to sell out and I was going through it too quickly so now I only use it once a day (usually at night) and always buy 2 bottles if the big one isn’t available 😂

I’m not sure why it would cause spots (I’m no expert when it comes to skincare unlike our Helen...🥴) but maybe try it every other night and see how you get on with it??

Reactions: 5

insectoverlords

I use the niacinimide, the only product from them I regularly repurchase. I think I have rosacea on my cheeks (yet to get it diagnosed properly) and it’s really reduced the redness!!
How often do you use it? I was so excited to get niacinamide after hearing such rave reviews (I have rosacea and combination skin) and it made me break out in lots of very very small spots, I read this can happen if the concentrate is too high and that it's not a product that can cause purging, I now only use it very occasionally if I want to avoid oiliness for a day but don't really know how to build it up to benefit from more long term effects.

Reactions: 3