Helen Anderson #10 ASOS Binge, COVID Whinge and a Festive Minge

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How can she think about going down the road to stay at hotel 30 mins+ away, just to relax when they've just announced that ANOTHER new variant of the virus have been discovered, now we are dealing with two strains of the virus and it's spreading faster than before.

• Sick
Reactions: 30
How can she think about going down the road to stay at hotel 30 mins+ away, just to relax when they've just announced that ANOTHER new variant of the virus have been discovered, now we are dealing with two strains of the virus and it's spreading faster than before.
Possibly 3 Luna, they say they’ve got the people from South Africa quarantined but it’ll will have got further than that. They’re just slipping it in now so we don’t freak out in a fortnights time when they say it’s worse than the first two or something along those lines.

Reactions: 16

Let's all give Helga a big old clap for a job well done. Absolutely stellar.

bleeping selfish head

• Haha
Reactions: 35
terrible for everyone moving into tier 4. But Helen, honestly, enjoy this fat bleeping slice of humble pie. You bought this on yourself.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I wasn't sure whether to post this, as this thread isn't about me, and I didn't want to make out I've had it any worse than anyone else this year. But, on the off chance that bleep Helen reads here, I wanted to say this.

I got made redundant from one of my jobs in January, then fell ill in March and was quarantining when the first lockdown was announced.

Since then, I have lived in a near constant state of fear and anxiety because I am a partial carer for my mum, who is incredibly high-risk and vulnerable to the point where my household has not left the house (except for one dog-walk a day) since March. In that time I have had to leave the other job I had, because it was too high-risk. Luckily I will not lose my home like some people, but I now do not have an income myself. I have been continuously turned down for many, many working from home jobs. I have had to do two stints of 2 week isolations from my entire family and dog because of a the illness in March and a trip to the doctors over a cancer scare, not wanting to put my mum at risk. My fiancé of 3 and a half years has now left me because I could not physically be with him for the entirety of this year, and he found my constant anxiety too much. I am now relatively sure, less than a month later, he has a new girlfriend he is flouting every lockdown rule with.

And do you know what? I have felt near suicidal multiple times this year and I'm still at home. I'm still shielding my mum, and every other vulnerable person I know, because ultimately, I do not want to be responsible for someone else's untimely death.
It sounds like you've been through real hell this year. I hope you can take some pride and comfort in the fact that you're doing the right thing. Though people like Helen have this dragging on longer and longer, things won't be like this forever ♥♥

Sending love to anyone that will be in tier 4 now, except Helen, who can go duck herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
As someone who’s had a job in housekeeping particularly in hotels, Helen should be more than aware of the fact that they are never cleaned to high enough standards. I did housekeeping in a travelodge when I was 20 and if you haven’t cleaned and made the bed within 11 minutes you get sanctioned. To make a queen sized bed, disinfect all surfaces, do the bathroom, hoover and in some cases tidy after lazy bleeping slobs, in 11 minutes you need to cut corners. I remember being actively encouraged to use guests used towels as a rag in the bathroom. 2 spritz of god knows what as surface cleaner, a quick wipe and your boss is satisfied. I’ve never been able to stay in a hotel without cleaning surfaces myself, since. 🤢🤢🤢🤢 she’ll be in there with her snotty, pissy fingers touching everything and even with ‘covid secure’ places, standards slip and the next person staying in that room is at risk and putting others at risk.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
I wasn't sure whether to post this, as this thread isn't about me, and I didn't want to make out I've had it any worse than anyone else this year. But, on the off chance that bleep Helen reads here, I wanted to say this.

I got made redundant from one of my jobs in January, then fell ill in March and was quarantining when the first lockdown was announced.

Since then, I have lived in a near constant state of fear and anxiety because I am a partial carer for my mum, who is incredibly high-risk and vulnerable to the point where my household has not left the house (except for one dog-walk a day) since March. In that time I have had to leave the other job I had, because it was too high-risk. Luckily I will not lose my home like some people, but I now do not have an income myself. I have been continuously turned down for many, many working from home jobs. I have had to do two stints of 2 week isolations from my entire family and dog because of a the illness in March and a trip to the doctors over a cancer scare, not wanting to put my mum at risk. My fiancé of 3 and a half years has now left me because I could not physically be with him for the entirety of this year, and he found my constant anxiety too much. I am now relatively sure, less than a month later, he has a new girlfriend he is flouting every lockdown rule with.

And do you know what? I have felt near suicidal multiple times this year and I'm still at home. I'm still shielding my mum, and every other vulnerable person I know, because ultimately, I do not want to be responsible for someone else's untimely death.
I'm so sorry you have all that to deal with, that is a lot. Sending you so much love and hope that 2021 will be better ❤❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Hey ! You had a terrible year but you're going tkw okay. That guy was an ass and you are lucky you didn't make the same Helen mistake of marrying him. You're wonderful to put that much consideration into your mom's well being.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Exactly. I know you all are better people. None of us have lives right now 😂 but we can sleep at night knowing we haven't made things worse or been reckless.

So Tier 4 means Helen trip will be cancelled, right? I mean she's that selfish that I doubt it but it should be according to rules?

Reactions: 14
This thread has really helped give me perspective, hope, laughs and a place to rage this year.
Not bad for a bunch of bullying trolls 💜

• Heart
It kind of makes me sick that some people are celebrating Norwich being Tier 4. Yes Helen IS a selfish head but for those of us with family and friends there this is a like another knife in the gut. It's a small, lovely city with a lot of down to earth people, Helen isn't a representation of everybody 😢

• Heart
Reactions: 15
It kind of makes me sick that some people are celebrating Norwich being Tier 4. Yes Helen IS a selfish head but for those of us with family and friends there this is a like another knife in the gut. It's a small, lovely city with a lot of down to earth people, Helen isn't a representation of everybody 😢
No she’s not but this is her thread and she personally needs to understand that there’s consequences for actions. Her and her friends are the people that should be making you feel sick due to their sheer lack of concern for other people’s lives and safety. She’s the exact person that needs to be made an example of. I one hundred percent empathise with you and definitely don’t believe she is a representation of Norfolk.

• Heart
I completely accept that Helen isn‘t representative of the whole of Norwich and being put into Tier 4 is horrible for everyone who lives there. I think most of us here are just celebrating Helen having to curb her behaviour, rather than the whole of Norwich being put up 2 tiers.

Having said that, most of the North and the Midlands have been stuck with pretty harsh restrictions for most of the year and it felt like most people South of the Watford Gap barely noticed, let alone cared, so some of us may have limited sympathy!

• Heart
Reactions: 41
It does infuriate me because even in tier 2 you should only be travelling for necessary things but also like the cut off day isn’t a deadline where you’re supposed to rush and do all the things you won’t be able to in tier 4 like how would that ever help anything?!! The easing into it is for people to be educated and for businesses to prepare and have time to cancel relevant things it’s genuinely disgusting how people see it as a free for all because they’re going into tier 4 in two days, it’s exactly like someone else said about the speed limit analogy it’s a LIMIT not a target. She should be supporting the rules coming into place by staying at home because it is clearly a COVID hotspot already

I completely accept that Helen isn‘t representative of the whole of Norwich and being put into Tier 4 is horrible for everyone who lives there. I think most of us here are just celebrating Helen having to curb her behaviour, rather than the whole of Norwich being put up 2 tiers.

Having said that, most of the North and the Midlands have been stuck with pretty harsh restrictions for most of the year and it felt like most people South of the Watford Gap barely noticed, let alone cared, so some of us may have limited sympathy!
Northern gal over here and all I can say is I agree, I know it sounds harsh but we are always given the worst treatment and the government took the absolute piss with us - no one in the south supported the Manchester plight (in terms of Mps) and in fact we basically got told we were rule breakers and not worthy of the adequate funding (the south was given much higher funding for the crisis in places less densely populated than the north) so it’s a bitter pill to take when people in the south complain knowing we were demonised constantly and still are given less - also not saying I agree with not having sympathy I agree with the quoted comment!

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Norfolk being in tier 4 HAS to make her change her lifestyle. I bet she has something big planned for their anniversary in Jan too. Ive always got the impression Helen likes to buy people's affections. I'm pretty sure Phil isnt bothered about going away for his birthday but because she wants to go away and also flaunt her wealth he has to go along with it. Not only does she neg everyone but shes quite manipulative with gifts, trapping people with them so the feel like they have to go along with what she wants.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Norfolk being in tier 4 HAS to make her change her lifestyle. I bet she has something big planned for their anniversary in Jan too. Ive always got the impression Helen likes to buy people's affections. I'm pretty sure Phil isnt bothered about going away for his birthday but because she wants to go away and also flaunt her wealth he has to go along with it. Not only does she neg everyone but shes quite manipulative with gifts, trapping people with them so the feel like they have to go along with what she wants.
Yeah I can imagine that Josie would have been okay without seeing helen but was guilted as she had a totally great gift for her

Agree that the north were royally fucked over and London only got left so late because of the government not wanting to put themselves or the city lot out.

It sucked being put into tier 4 less than a week before xmas but I understood it. I’m sure it’s probably the minority ruining it for everyone else but it stings extra when you see influencers flaunting their holidays, day trips and unnecessary outings to large audiences, when most of us are just trying to get by.

It sucks for everyone who is now facing tighter rules.

Reactions: 20
Oh for sure agree with buying affections. You can see that in the amount of times she's given people makeovers, she made over Josie's room for her, bought Maff a whole suitcase of clothes for their honeymoon, etc.

If you were secure about your relationships/friendships you wouldn't feel the need to do that.

Reactions: 29

That's all horrible, I hope you're doing better now. Always here to talk if you need to via private messages etc (I think you can do that on here, not sure I'm still quite new haha!). At least you know that you have done your absolutely best for both your loved ones and the rest of the country, the same cannot be said for Helen.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.