Heartstopper - Netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I like Kit Connor but I often find watching him makes me cringe a bit as he's just so awkward, even in character, and this video was no different 😅
I think he’s an amazing actor, but he seems so child-like (not childish!) and - as you say, still awkward in real life.
He and Rachel have such different energies which has been apparent in every promo so far. Will be interesting what people will say about their on-stage chemistry.

Reactions: 2
I think he’s an amazing actor, but he seems so child-like (not childish!) and - as you say, still awkward in real life.
He and Rachel have such different energies which has been apparent in every promo so far. Will be interesting what people will say about their on-stage chemistry.
Yes! It's hard to think of him as a "leading man" because he just doesn't have the right energy or presence, he just seems shy and awkward and young! Plus in that trailer he was definitely channeling Nick Nelson 😅

Reactions: 3
I think the trailer doesn't help as it's so cringe and twee.

Kits problem is he has this alpha male look, but still seems to be in the awkward teenage phase

R&J is all about forbidden love, secrecy and yearning - I know it's only a trailer but how they hanging out at home and in thr bath tub when their families are sworn enemies? It doesn't have the vibe that R&J is supposed to.

I love Kit but he does seem self conscious even when acting, give him a few years and a proper grown up role and think he'll be amazing.

I think this production of R&J wants to show that they have absolutely nothing in common with the current West End version starring Tom Holland 😁 (who btw I think is an example of a young performer who never outgrew his awkwardness and self-consciousness).

I wonder how much Kit's awful experience on social media has made him even more self-conscious and awkward, must be hard knowing that even the smallest thing will bring scrutiny

Reactions: 4
I saw Tom Hollands R&J at wknd....it was very good..Tom was quite cool and self assured in it. I guess that's the point of any art...including theatre....that it can be interpreted differently but I def didn't engage as much with this new trailer for all the reasons on here

Reactions: 2