Heartbreak.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Been with ny partner 8 years he is muslim im not, i said i would try. About to sign tenancy agreement and hes left me. Absolutely heartbroken šŸ’”
I genuinely think this lockdown has messed with menā€™s heads a lot more than womenā€™s . Women handle emotion so much better . Men just shut off & keep it in . Thatā€™s why unfortunately suicide is so much more common in men . If only they opened up more .
Hoping all the ladies on here are doing well . I think back to how I was when I started this thread that constant knot in my stomach & anxiety , no appetite . Keep strong it really does get better . And Iā€™m looking forward to lockdown restrictions being lifted by summer & by then Iā€™ll be ready to go out with friends & hopefully meet my mr right when the times right . Lots of love to anyone not feeling better yet . Every day is a step closer .

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Does anyone recently going through heartbreak feel anxious over summer or is it just me. Like the thought of not being with the person you love when everything opens up hurts so much

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Does anyone recently going through heartbreak feel anxious over summer or is it just me. Like the thought of not being with the person you love when everything opens up hurts so much
I understand that. My ex used to walk out on me every few months. For 5 years of our 6 year relationship, I was single through the summer. It's crushing to go to bars and restaurants and see everyone coupled up and you're just alone.

Looking back though, I realise how much time and how many opportunities I wasted over him when I could have been living for me. I literally wasted some of the hottest summers we've had crying over a man that didn't even have the decency to be honest with me. I was wasting my summer thinking about him while he was getting on with his life and doing what he wanted with absolutely no regard for my feelings.

I know it hurts now, but don't waste your summer over a guy. Live your life for you and find your true happiness and when you're ready, you'll meet a man who's worthy of your attention and your heart ā¤

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I think this would be an easier breakup if I could just hate him but I canā€™t. At the end of the day he treated me so well the whole time we were together. We never lost the chemistry. Itā€™s just making it so much harder to accept

Summer definitely makes it harder too. The warm sun reminds me of my home with him in Florida. I am not ready for that

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I think this would be an easier breakup if I could just hate him but I canā€™t. At the end of the day he treated me so well the whole time we were together. We never lost the chemistry. Itā€™s just making it so much harder to accept

Summer definitely makes it harder too. The warm sun reminds me of my home with him in Florida. I am not ready for that
I feel this so deep in my bones. I used to say I wish I could hate him but I can't. It took probably 10 months for me to hate him. I always thought he treated me so well too. Then one day just bits started sliding in that I realised I didn't like and I wouldn't take anymore....... I promise it gets easier, not quickly or suddenly but it does xx

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Why did you guys break up?

My loves I feel for you all, heartbreak is a killer.
My ex dumped me out of the blue when he got another job, then I stupidly waited for him and gave in a months later. Months down the line he did it again, I tried to force closure and honestly it wasnā€˜t worth it because all he did was lie! Harsh as it sounds, even if they do respond, sometimes that in itself doesnā€™t help. He blocked me after, then unblocked a few months later.

Best thing I did was finding someone else and blocking him. Itā€™s years ago now and heā€™s still blocked, and I donā€™t ever think about unblocking cause simply, I donā€™t give a tit what heā€™s doing, bleeping abusive piece šŸ¤

If you had told me when I was heartbroken that I wouldā€™ve had the strength to block him and never think of him again I wouldnā€™t have believed you, but hard as this sounds it does get better - I canā€™t even imagine how lonely it must feel with the state of the world at the moment too. Lotsa love to all ā¤

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Why did you guys break up?
Weā€™ve been kept apart by the pandemic border closures. After my latest flight got cancelled I think he just snapped

My loves I feel for you all, heartbreak is a killer.
My ex dumped me out of the blue when he got another job, then I stupidly waited for him and gave in a months later. Months down the line he did it again, I tried to force closure and honestly it wasnā€˜t worth it because all he did was lie! Harsh as it sounds, even if they do respond, sometimes that in itself doesnā€™t help. He blocked me after, then unblocked a few months later.

Best thing I did was finding someone else and blocking him. Itā€™s years ago now and heā€™s still blocked, and I donā€™t ever think about unblocking cause simply, I donā€™t give a tit what heā€™s doing, bleeping abusive piece šŸ¤

If you had told me when I was heartbroken that I wouldā€™ve had the strength to block him and never think of him again I wouldnā€™t have believed you, but hard as this sounds it does get better - I canā€™t even imagine how lonely it must feel with the state of the world at the moment too. Lotsa love to all ā¤
Thank you ā¤ Iā€™m glad you had the strength to block and keep him blocked

I feel this so deep in my bones. I used to say I wish I could hate him but I can't. It took probably 10 months for me to hate him. I always thought he treated me so well too. Then one day just bits started sliding in that I realised I didn't like and I wouldn't take anymore....... I promise it gets easier, not quickly or suddenly but it does xx
Thank you. Since we were used to spending up to 3 months apart at a time anyway, I think that kept the relationship fresh and never gave us a chance to mistreat each other. I really am resenting how well he treated me right now which feels so weird to say

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Iā€™m sending love to all of you on this thread. Breaking up is soul destroying At the minute youā€™ll see no light but there is ā¤ā¤
I was married for 18yrs. I was just under my 17th bday (Scotland. Legal). He was 24 and in the RAF. 18 months later first kid, then another and another. I had 3 kids under 5, I was 22. And we were so blissfully happy. Then things started changing. He cheated. I forgave him. He cheated again. And like a mug I forgave him again. Things started to change for me when I got a good job with responsibility. He cheated again. By this point I was ā€˜mehā€™ whatever. The girls adored him though so I tried. He was nasty towards me all the time. Then he took another woman to a restaurant on Valentineā€™s Day in 2006. For me that was the final straw. I threw him out. Obv I had to keep seeing him as we had teenage kids, and yes we slept together a few times after. Stupid stupid me. We divorced in 08 and he remarried quite soon after. That hurt me. But I stayed single. I had to spend time as ME. To know ME again. I did a degree. Had a fling with a toy boy. Had fun as myself. And in 2012 I met my now fiancĆ©. Heā€™s my absolute world. My grown up daughters love him, but they still love their dad too. He has alienated them to a degree sadly tho
Those couple of years after the split were awful. I cried. A lot. I panicked. I was sick. I drank a lot. But after I learned to love myself it was ok. Sounds cliched as hell but true
Denial. Anger. Bargaining. Depression. Acceptance. I hope youā€™re all ok. And donā€™t drink and text lol

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Iā€™m sending love to all of you on this thread. Breaking up is soul destroying At the minute youā€™ll see no light but there is ā¤ā¤
I was married for 18yrs. I was just under my 17th bday (Scotland. Legal). He was 24 and in the RAF. 18 months later first kid, then another and another. I had 3 kids under 5, I was 22. And we were so blissfully happy. Then things started changing. He cheated. I forgave him. He cheated again. And like a mug I forgave him again. Things started to change for me when I got a good job with responsibility. He cheated again. By this point I was ā€˜mehā€™ whatever. The girls adored him though so I tried. He was nasty towards me all the time. Then he took another woman to a restaurant on Valentineā€™s Day in 2006. For me that was the final straw. I threw him out. Obv I had to keep seeing him as we had teenage kids, and yes we slept together a few times after. Stupid stupid me. We divorced in 08 and he remarried quite soon after. That hurt me. But I stayed single. I had to spend time as ME. To know ME again. I did a degree. Had a fling with a toy boy. Had fun as myself. And in 2012 I met my now fiancĆ©. Heā€™s my absolute world. My grown up daughters love him, but they still love their dad too. He has alienated them to a degree sadly tho
Those couple of years after the split were awful. I cried. A lot. I panicked. I was sick. I drank a lot. But after I learned to love myself it was ok. Sounds cliched as hell but true
Denial. Anger. Bargaining. Depression. Acceptance. I hope youā€™re all ok. And donā€™t drink and text lol
3 under 5 at 22, you must be made of absolute nails! Thanks for sharing. Iā€™m very much still in the denial phase, hoping he will come back to me but mostly knowing he wonā€™t. Everyone elseā€™s ex comes crawling back, why wonā€™t mine?! (Stupid way of thinking I know) Iā€™m glad you came out the other side of all that tit youā€™ve dealt with ā¤

Reactions: 4
Yes my partner of 8 yesrs went batshit at me on the phone, i drove 30 miles to see him and he didnt come out his house. He lives with his mum and she was going crazy calling me pyscho - i waited in the car didnt even go to the front door. I know its silly behaviour i jist felt comfort being outside his house. Hes told me theres no going back. I hope he comes back soo badly

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Yes my partner of 8 yesrs went batshit at me on the phone, i drove 30 miles to see him and he didnt come out his house. He lives with his mum and she was going crazy calling me pyscho - i waited in the car didnt even go to the front door. I know its silly behaviour i jist felt comfort being outside his house. Hes told me theres no going back. I hope he comes back soo badly
That sounds awful, Iā€™m sorry. I hate the feeling of hoping they will come back, itā€™s like you know itā€™s pathetic (for me anyway, not saying you are!) but you canā€™t help it at all. šŸ˜ž

• Heart
Reactions: 1
That sounds awful, Iā€™m sorry. I hate the feeling of hoping they will come back, itā€™s like you know itā€™s pathetic (for me anyway, not saying you are!) but you canā€™t help it at all. šŸ˜ž
Gigi - I know we weren't able to send private messages but I've seen from another thread that we may be in the same town if you ever wanted to go for a walk or something (hope it's OK to say that on here).

Gigi - I know we weren't able to send private messages but I've seen from another thread that we may be in the same town if you ever wanted to go for a walk or something (hope it's OK to say that on here).
Thats so nice of you, thank you ā¤ I donā€™t think Iā€™m quite at that stage yet šŸ˜ž still in the ā€œsweatpants phaseā€ Iā€™m just outside of Liverpool at the moment

Reactions: 3
Thats so nice of you, thank you ā¤ I donā€™t think Iā€™m quite at that stage yet šŸ˜ž still in the ā€œsweatpants phaseā€ Iā€™m just outside of Liverpool at the moment
I'm dragging myself into work just so I'm not home alone. Still can't get through the day without crying though and still not really sleeping. Let me know if you do ever fancy it.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I'm dragging myself into work just so I'm not home alone. Still can't get through the day without crying though and still not really sleeping. Let me know if you do ever fancy it.
Same, if I donā€™t ā€œbreak the rulesā€ and go to my friendā€™s house I just spend the day crying and overthinking. Also not sleeping or eating. Itā€™s absolutely tit isnā€™t it?? Iā€™m sorry youā€™re feeling so awful. It really is all new to me, Iā€™ve never felt this kind of pain and hurt before :/

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Same, if I donā€™t ā€œbreak the rulesā€ and go to my friendā€™s house I just spend the day crying and overthinking. Also not sleeping or eating. Itā€™s absolutely tit isnā€™t it?? Iā€™m sorry youā€™re feeling so awful. It really is all new to me, Iā€™ve never felt this kind of pain and hurt before :/
Me too, it's almost unbearable. I feel no better each day. Last night was one of the worst in fact. I'm so sorry that you're still feeling that way as well.

• Sad
Has there been any communication with him at all?
Yes but only for some essential home related stuff, he's made it quite clear that he doesn't want to communicate otherwise and that he's adamant about moving on. I'm still in complete shock to be honest.

• Sad
Yes but only for some essential home related stuff, he's made it quite clear that he doesn't want to communicate otherwise and that he's adamant about moving on. I'm still in complete shock to be honest.
Sending you massive hugs. I know our situations arenā€™t exactly the same but I empathise completely. I feel so pathetic because Iā€™m still hoping he will text me, but itā€™s been two weeks already. I find myself asking him questions in my head constantly. Driving myself to insanity

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.