Heartbreak.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Catching up on stories, sometimes I have to take a break because reading it triggers me but also helps?! It’s weird. Thank you to all who’ve shared their trauma ❤

Sounds silly but I wish I had bad times to focus on, but there honestly wasn’t any bad times for us. As I’ve said, the distance kept everything fresh and new. It’s making everything so much harder. I miss him so much I feel like heavily self medicating

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Catching up on stories, sometimes I have to take a break because reading it triggers me but also helps?! It’s weird. Thank you to all who’ve shared their trauma ❤

Sounds silly but I wish I had bad times to focus on, but there honestly wasn’t any bad times for us. As I’ve said, the distance kept everything fresh and new. It’s making everything so much harder. I miss him so much I feel like heavily self medicating
I feel the same. If he'd cheated and I'd kicked him out or something I think I'd be coping better but the fact that I thought everything was perfect is making it even harder. I'm still in shock. The last couple of days have been some of the worst, I have cried so much and I feel horrendous. I'm absolutely exhausted.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I feel the same. If he'd cheated and I'd kicked him out or something I think I'd be coping better but the fact that I thought everything was perfect is making it even harder. I'm still in shock. The last couple of days have been some of the worst, I have cried so much and I feel horrendous. I'm absolutely exhausted.
I’m sorry ❤ I ended up texting him last night just to see if he’d blocked me on iMessage after last time. The message delivered :/ no reply though which is making me feel even worse. Strange that he hasn’t blocked me there.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
I’m sorry ❤ I ended up texting him last night just to see if he’d blocked me on iMessage after last time. The message delivered :/ no reply though which is making me feel even worse. Strange that he hasn’t blocked me there.
Delete his number.

Reactions: 4
Isn't there a time difference? Give him time, maybe he is just processing what you have said x

I hadn’t even thought of doing that, thankyou! X
I think if you've decided to stay together and try to move past it, it's the only way of making sure everything gets out in the open in a way that won't cause arguments or lots more upset. Having someone to mediate while you both talk about it should really help. Good luck, I hope you can make it work of that's what you really want. Feel free to check in on here whenever, lots of lovely, supportive people x

That's horrible knowing he has seen the message but is choosing not to reply, you must be overthinking things even more now. I really feel for you. Try and do anything that you can to distract yourself (easier said than done, I know!)

I'm still having a terrible time. I haven't been able to face seeing anyone or even leaving the house at all this weekend. I know that can make things worse but I just felt like I needed to shut myself away. I think I've cried more in the last couple of weeks than I have my whole life! The pain isn't getting any better. I feel so alone. I'm emotionally and physically drained. I don't know how much more of this I can take.

Reactions: 1
I think if you've decided to stay together and try to move past it, it's the only way of making sure everything gets out in the open in a way that won't cause arguments or lots more upset. Having someone to mediate while you both talk about it should really help. Good luck, I hope you can make it work of that's what you really want. Feel free to check in on here whenever, lots of lovely, supportive people x
Thank you! I’ve just asked him about giving it a try and he’s said yeah x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
you are so brave, i'm sure you can get through it! ❤
Ahh thank you! Not brave maybe foolish 😂 it’s horrible when the one person you turn to form comfort is suddenly the cause of your pain. There has been many tears and arguments over it but we both think our marriage is worth saving 💕

• Heart
I just recently got dumped by my partner who I’ve been with for 4 years. Somebody on another thread gave me the idea of starting this one to vent and let it all out, and also invite anyone else to do the same if they’re going through a breakup, or just to share stories of older breakups and heartbreak.

My story: long distance relationship, him in Florida and me here in the UK. I’ve been flying over regularly for the past 4 years, I’m close with his family and practically a step mum to his 3 children. Love of my life etc...then the pandemic hit and borders closed. I haven’t been allowed into the US since March 2020, last time I saw him was just before that. I fully believe partner exemptions should have been allowed with testing and quarantine and I wouldn’t be in this mess but that’s another rant.

We held on and held on with FaceTime etc, then we decided I’d go via a third country (Mexico) and he would pay, but my flight was cancelled, and when I went to rebook it he completely unexpectedly told me not to bother and that he was done with our relationship. It hit me like a freight train, there’d been no signs this was coming at all. In fact he told me he loved me and missed me just hours before. I tried to reason with him and then he decided to block me on everything which was another huge blow. I feel like my world has ended, I haven’t eaten or slept since. My life was there with him and he’s taken it away and I don’t know what to do.

Sorry that was so long. Please feel free to share your stories and any advice for this absolute hell I feel right now
I just came across this thread and wanted to say I hope you are ok. I’m also in a LDR and it’s actual torture during the pandemic. My bf’s countries borders are closed and he can’t travel because of his job. It puts such a strain on a relationship and there’s no end in sight 😔 I hope you are doing a bit better now, it’s a horrible thing to happen. I always felt a break up was like having a best friend and then it’s like they die because you never can speak to them again.

• Heart
I just came across this thread and wanted to say I hope you are ok. I’m also in a LDR and it’s actual torture during the pandemic. My bf’s countries borders are closed and he can’t travel because of his job. It puts such a strain on a relationship and there’s no end in sight 😔 I hope you are doing a bit better now, it’s a horrible thing to happen. I always felt a break up was like having a best friend and then it’s like they die because you never can speak to them again.
I’m so sorry. It’s a horrible situation to be forced into and the border closures should never have applied to partners. It’s truly ruined my life, and I just keep thinking...for what reason? Who gained anything from shutting me away from my boyfriend’s country when I could have tested and quarantined. I hope you can be reunited soon

Thank you! I’ve just asked him about giving it a try and he’s said yeah x
I hope everything works out for the very best for you ❤

That's horrible knowing he has seen the message but is choosing not to reply, you must be overthinking things even more now. I really feel for you. Try and do anything that you can to distract yourself (easier said than done, I know!)

I'm still having a terrible time. I haven't been able to face seeing anyone or even leaving the house at all this weekend. I know that can make things worse but I just felt like I needed to shut myself away. I think I've cried more in the last couple of weeks than I have my whole life! The pain isn't getting any better. I feel so alone. I'm emotionally and physically drained. I don't know how much more of this I can take.
He still hasn’t replied so I’m guessing he isn’t going to. Which begs the question why not just block me there too??

Do you have anyone you can spend some time with? I know we’re in lockdown but honestly mental health is more important

I’m so sorry. It’s a horrible situation to be forced into and the border closures should never have applied to partners. It’s truly ruined my life, and I just keep thinking...for what reason? Who gained anything from shutting me away from my boyfriend’s country when I could have tested and quarantined. I hope you can be reunited soon

I hope everything works out for the very best for you ❤

He still hasn’t replied so I’m guessing he isn’t going to. Which begs the question why not just block me there too??

Do you have anyone you can spend some time with? I know we’re in lockdown but honestly mental health is more important
If he hasn't blocked you he may reply in time. Men are certainly very strange, you just don't know what he's going to do.

My sister was coming on Saturday but I ended up asking her not to, I just didn't want to talk about it anymore or cry in front of anyone. I did manage a little bit of sleep last night. I still feel horrendous but I'm sure it's done me some good. Dreading work today.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.