Health Anxiety

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I dont know if this is thing to worry about abit embarrassing. I have anxiety and depression have the numerous pills to cope. But I've noticed changes in the bowel department not going into too much detail. I cant go when I'm at work my hours are stupid etc. Don't have time in the morning need at work but put it off etc. Get home cant go and go bed tired and bloated. But my day off today I've not been off it. Have I made myself a nervous pooh or is this normal.

I dont know if this is thing to worry about abit embarrassing. I have anxiety and depression have the numerous pills to cope. But I've noticed changes in the bowel department not going into too much detail. I cant go when I'm at work my hours are stupid etc. Don't have time in the morning need at work but put it off etc. Get home cant go and go bed tired and bloated. But my day off today I've not been off it. Have I made myself a nervous pooh or is this normal.
If you’re worried I’d check in with a doctor but it may just be now you’re off and not as stressed your body has just thought oh I can relax now. The brain and the gut are so intertwined! I’d perhaps make a note of bowel movements and see if this becomes a pattern, eg struggling till you have a day off

Reactions: 1
If you’re worried I’d check in with a doctor but it may just be now you’re off and not as stressed your body has just thought oh I can relax now. The brain and the gut are so intertwined! I’d perhaps make a note of bowel movements and see if this becomes a pattern, eg struggling till you have a day off
Will have to keeps note thankyou x

I have massive anxiety at the moment that led to me going to A&E Sunday night because I thought I was having a slow heart attack. Its worse at night, I'm having pain in my chest and in my left arm. The docs assured me I am fine but right now my arm is killing and I'm sure its all in my head. I am really panicky and can't lay down because it makes it worse. I am sleeping only a couple of hours a night at the moment and I really don't know what to do
I am going through the same thing I think. I have anxiety but never health anxiety. Ive had pain in my left arm since I had a blood test and im
Convinced it’s now heart related. I get really stressed an anxious about it I feel my heart beating faster and I get blurred vision. Then I start googling. I am seeing my doctor Wednesday but this week has just been awful. I’m checking my heart rate every 5 mins on my fit bit. I feel so out of control and stressed for something if I sit rationally it a trapped nerve or tendinitis in my arm ☹ I don’t know how to calm down and clear my thoughts

I am going through the same thing I think. I have anxiety but never health anxiety. Ive had pain in my left arm since I had a blood test and im
Convinced it’s now heart related. I get really stressed an anxious about it I feel my heart beating faster and I get blurred vision. Then I start googling. I am seeing my doctor Wednesday but this week has just been awful. I’m checking my heart rate every 5 mins on my fit bit. I feel so out of control and stressed for something if I sit rationally it a trapped nerve or tendinitis in my arm ☹ I don’t know how to calm down and clear my thoughts
Most of the symptoms you have sounds like a direct link to anxiety. I've had them all. Pain in your left arm is from the blood test. If it was related to your heart you would know by now trust me. I know this won't convince you but when to speak to a doctor you need to talk about your anxiety too and try to get help for it. Anxiety 100% makes any pain worse and increases 'symptoms'

In the meantime look up some cbt therapy you can do at home online. There is an exercise you can do at home where you name 5 things you can see, 4 things you can touch etc that will calm you down from a panic attack. Another thing that helped me was finding meditation videos on youtube. You can even type in 'how to calm down after anxiety attacks etc and there are helpful videos.

I hope this helps. Also try to distract yourself by listening to music to go to sleep or an audio book to fall asleep too. The worst time to think bout this is late at night when your in bed trying to fall asleep. You will catastrophise any situation.

Most of the symptoms you have sounds like a direct link to anxiety. I've had them all. Pain in your left arm is from the blood test. If it was related to your heart you would know by now trust me. I know this won't convince you but when to speak to a doctor you need to talk about your anxiety too and try to get help for it. Anxiety 100% makes any pain worse and increases 'symptoms'

In the meantime look up some cbt therapy you can do at home online. There is an exercise you can do at home where you name 5 things you can see, 4 things you can touch etc that will calm you down from a panic attack. Another thing that helped me was finding meditation videos on youtube. You can even type in 'how to calm down after anxiety attacks etc and there are helpful videos.

I hope this helps. Also try to distract yourself by listening to music to go to sleep or an audio book to fall asleep too. The worst time to think bout this is late at night when your in bed trying to fall asleep. You will catastrophise any situation.
Thank you I will look that up xx

Soo an update..I rang the dr again just now after the COVID press conference got me a bit worried again..a letter was sent yesterday so should e coming tomorrow..my polyp was benign but they want to do a full colonoscopy 😪😪😪 now I’m worried they’ll find cancer further up..I can only get lucky so many times before something is found 😪😪
Got a date for my colonoscopy, 7th dec...now I’m worried again 😪😪

Got a letter saying they need me to do another blood test before my colonoscopy...I only had the last one before my flexible sigmoidoscopy in august, what if something shows up this time? 🥺😪 my anxiety is really bad again

I suffer with health anxiety a lot and I know how it feels, others don’t take what you’re saying seriously and it only makes it worse! I first started suffering the WORST health anxiety at the start of the year when my nan got cancer. It shook me to the core and made me think so many things like “will I get it too?” “Does this run in our family?” “Is it me next?” And I would stay awake till the early hours just trying to distract myself. I’d feel a pain and right away my mind would run to the worst scenario. It was making me ill and right now it’s gotten way less. I think it doesn’t affect me as much anymore because I’m focusing on other things more

Reactions: 2
I've been dealing with this for nearly two years now since my mom died.
My final thoughts before sleeping are always that I wont wake up in the morning. Constantly convinced that there is something wrong and it's never something small. I'm always imagining the worst possible outcome. I hate it. I self referred to Healthy Minds and they told me to get symptoms checked first just to be sure and I never have because I don't want to feel like I'm wasting the GP's time. Or I worry that the GP will tell me to stop being stupid and that there isn't anything wrong.

Sucks.

I have recently developed this, I had an allergic reaction which resulted in anaphylaxis and haven't actually discovered what triggered it. Since then I have had a handful of minor reactions to various things and now I'm SO anxious. (Referred to the allergy and immunology service but waiting) I can't eat properly, I'm anxious to bathe etc due to using shampoo/bodywash and not knowing the underlying cause.
I have an epi-pen should anything happen however it hasn't made me feel any more assured..I just feel like I can't breathe due to the anxiety.

I feel myself going down a downward spiral with my health anxiety. I've must of checked my breasts about 10 times today for lumps. The past few days i've been obsessively checking my groin for lumps and before that it was a mole on my scalp I was obsessing over. When I'm off work my health anxiety is 100 times worse because it leaves me more time to think these horrible thoughts.

Feel like I've found this thread at the right time! I've suffered from health anxiety for years (it seemed to be triggered from being unwell as a child), but recently it has been terrible. My current worry is breast/skin cancer because of a sore spot type thing near my underarm. I have been consumed by panic all day and keep crying out of fear that I have something wrong. I know to other people who don't experience health anxiety it seems ridiculous, but they don't understand how real these thoughts feel.

Feel like I've found this thread at the right time! I've suffered from health anxiety for years (it seemed to be triggered from being unwell as a child), but recently it has been terrible. My current worry is breast/skin cancer because of a sore spot type thing near my underarm. I have been consumed by panic all day and keep crying out of fear that I have something wrong. I know to other people who don't experience health anxiety it seems ridiculous, but they don't understand how real these thoughts feel.
I’m so sorry you feel this way! I can’t offer you any words of advice because I feel exactly the same! Breast and skin cancer are what I also fixate on! Ive promised myself that if the feelings don’t subside in the new year I’ll go to the GP to discuss. Have you ever seen anyone about your health anxiety?
It’s horrible to know that other people feel this way but at the same time I find it a little calming knowing it’s not just me.

I feel myself going down a downward spiral with my health anxiety. I've must of checked my breasts about 10 times today for lumps. The past few days i've been obsessively checking my groin for lumps and before that it was a mole on my scalp I was obsessing over. When I'm off work my health anxiety is 100 times worse because it leaves me more time to think these horrible thoughts.
I can relate to you both 🥺 in between worrying about the swollen glands I’ve got from COVID, I’m constantly checking my boobs for lumps, I’m almost too scared to soap them up in the shower ☹ I felt a lump a few weeks ago but I don’t know if I’ve always had it and it’s just a normal lump

• Sad
I feel for you all, my sister suffers with this quite intensely and is always convinced she's dying. She's in her 50's so it could be menopause related but it really is distressing for her and the family. I imagine it's very exhausting because when I thought I had something wrong with me, it consumed my life for a short time but I can't imagine what it's like to feel that continually . I just wanted to send love to you all.

I suffer so badly with HA, have done for years but even worse when I got diagnosed with something.

There’s not a day that goes by that I don’t worry about it returning, or another issue (the other day I was panicking about 4/5 different things) and now Covid.

My husbands mum is positive and we saw her outside on Xmas day for 10 mins so now convinced we have it despite chances being so low, I can’t shake it. Of course now I have a sore throat (usual anxiety symptom) so even more worried

Husband gone for a test just to be sure but I know that won’t calm me so will need to do another in a few days. (Edited to add ive paid for two home tests rather than use up gov tests)

Hes usually quite patient with my health anxiety but feels like he’s losing that recently. I wouldn’t blame him tbh, it’s exhausting

I have therapy once a month but don’t feel it helps with HA much really :(

I suffer so badly with HA, have done for years but even worse when I got diagnosed with something.

There’s not a day that goes by that I don’t worry about it returning, or another issue (the other day I was panicking about 4/5 different things) and now Covid.

My husbands mum is positive and we saw her outside on Xmas day for 10 mins so now convinced we have it despite chances being so low, I can’t shake it. Of course now I have a sore throat (usual anxiety symptom) so even more worried

Husband gone for a test just to be sure but I know that won’t calm me so will need to do another in a few days. (Edited to add ive paid for two home tests rather than use up gov tests)

Hes usually quite patient with my health anxiety but feels like he’s losing that recently. I wouldn’t blame him tbh, it’s exhausting

I have therapy once a month but don’t feel it helps with HA much really :(
It’s so scary isn’t it. 😔. I’ve got walking pneumonia right now and I’ve had to have two covid tests. Both neg. (would still think they are false even if I had a 10000000 negatives). My brother who throughout this entire pandemic has done whatever he likes has walked into our house three days in a row now he went to about 5 houses on Christmas Day travelled to tier 2 twice with his mates for Christmas drinks was in two of his friends’ new cars and had Christmas lunch with my very frail 80 year old nan!! They think he’s being safe though so let him go 😔 it’s really really scaring me now I sit with a mask on when he comes absolutely sweating and when he goes I have to disinfect the whole house and even then I’m still scared incase it’s floating or is on my dogs! I am petrified to
My core. I told him the first time he came I have pneumonia and he’s continued to come which proves he doesn’t give a tit

Wow, this thread has been seriously eye opening for me. I've always known that I could have some form of health anxiety, since a child I have always checked my body most evenings for new lumps, bumps etc. A major part of my routine has been meticulously googling different web pages seeking guidance on many different illnesses. I never realised the link between this and OCD:cry: although it is horrible and controls a massive part of my life, I feel so much better knowing others go through this and I'm not so alone with it😟

I'm an alcoholic, and here is South Africa, the president announced an outright ban of the sale, distribution and drinking (in public places) of booze for the next 2 or 3 weeks. Which means I can't get my "fix" even though I am trying very hard to give it up.

I usually drink at least 1 bottle of white every day, sometimes 2 with ease. But now that shops are no longer allowed to sell any alcohol I am going into another slow meltdown. And I know I won't be able to hang on until the ban is lifted mid-January.

I don't know which is worse: the threat of testing positive for Covid; or not being able to drink for 16 more days. :mad:

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.