Health Anxiety

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Its in almost like a complete line on my scalp from left to right.
Googling and it says from stress etc but I keep worrying its something sinister
If it’s all the way across I’d say it was something like the other posters say, hair too tight or something else, could even be tension in the muscles?

So just as I let myself get excited about my holiday in a few weeks I wiped and I dont know if my cervical discharge is brown or not 😪 TMI but I’ve put a cotton bud up there to check afterwards and I don’t think it is brown, but what if it is and I just can’t see it?? 😪😪 don’t know if it’s brown or just like quite a dark yellow

So just as I let myself get excited about my holiday in a few weeks I wiped and I dont know if my cervical discharge is brown or not 😪 TMI but I’ve put a cotton bud up there to check afterwards and I don’t think it is brown, but what if it is and I just can’t see it?? 😪😪 don’t know if it’s brown or just like quite a dark yellow
I used to spot for ages after a period sometimes and it was fine. The old blood can stay up there for quite a while xx

Reactions: 2
I used to spot for ages after a period sometimes and it was fine. The old blood can stay up there for quite a while xx
It’s not brown on my pants and not brown after the cotton bud, do you think if it was really brown I’d see it on the cotton bud immediately after?

Yes I'm sure you would.
Yes i would say so too.
Thanks ladies, I’m spiralling again 😓 only 48 more hours on my own ☹ does anyone else constantly check for bleeding from anywhere? Last year it was my poo, then it was my wee, now it’s my vag 😓 and on a slight side note, sometimes I struggle to get even a cotton bud up there (I know I shouldn’t exactly be putting cotton buds up there in the first place)...is that a sign of vaginismus?

Reactions: 1
Thanks ladies, I’m spiralling again 😓 only 48 more hours on my own ☹ does anyone else constantly check for bleeding from anywhere? Last year it was my poo, then it was my wee, now it’s my vag 😓 and on a slight side note, sometimes I struggle to get even a cotton bud up there (I know I shouldn’t exactly be putting cotton buds up there in the first place)...is that a sign of vaginismus?
I think it is, I have very similar problems and the more I think or stress over it, the more it clamps up lmao.

You're probably just tensing up x

• Heart
You're probably just tensing up x
It is a problem I have in general, sex I can’t stand and once I tried to have sex with someone and it didn’t even go in but I forced myself to persist 😓 and my smear test last year was horrible. My problems are deeper than health anxiety, I know that, but it’s so so hard to constantly self soothe and comfort myself 😓 sorry to go off topic just struggling atm x

• Sad
It is a problem I have in general, sex I can’t stand and once I tried to have sex with someone and it didn’t even go in but I forced myself to persist 😓 and my smear test last year was horrible. My problems are deeper than health anxiety, I know that, but it’s so so hard to constantly self soothe and comfort myself 😓 sorry to go off topic just struggling atm x
Have you spoken to the doctor about it? I know there are things they can do to try and help with vaginismus, you shouldn't have to live like that :( It's a really difficult condition because the more it happens, the more you stress about it and it just perpetuates the cycle :( sometimes it's literally like I don't even have a hole because it's a brick wall lol.

• Sad
Have you spoken to the doctor about it? I know there are things they can do to try and help with vaginismus, you shouldn't have to live like that :( It's a really difficult condition because the more it happens, the more you stress about it and it just perpetuates the cycle :( sometimes it's literally like I don't even have a hole because it's a brick wall lol.
Sorry you’re going through it too! It’s horrible isn’t it ☹ No I haven’t spoken to the dr about it but I’m trying to tackle the emotional side of it with my counsellor. Have you spoken to a dr about it?

Sorry you’re going through it too! It’s horrible isn’t it ☹ No I haven’t spoken to the dr about it but I’m trying to tackle the emotional side of it with my counsellor. Have you spoken to a dr about it?
I hope you get some help from your counsellor :( No I haven't, I tend to avoid the doctor like the plague unless I really have to lol. Tbh I'm so burned out these days with my health, because I'm at the point where I'm always worried about around 10 different cancers at the time, I can't tell what is real anymore and what I *should* go about if that makes sense? It's kinda like, well I can't go about 10 things, so what is important and what isn't. I just literally have no idea so I avoid it until the panic gets too intense. I don't know how 'normal' people do it. I can see things that aren't even there now. It's horrendous not being able to trust your own mind.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I hope you get some help from your counsellor :( No I haven't, I tend to avoid the doctor like the plague unless I really have to lol. Tbh I'm so burned out these days with my health, because I'm at the point where I'm always worried about around 10 different cancers at the time, I can't tell what is real anymore and what I *should* go about if that makes sense? It's kinda like, well I can't go about 10 things, so what is important and what isn't. I just literally have no idea so I avoid it until the panic gets too intense. I don't know how 'normal' people do it. I can see things that aren't even there now. It's horrendous not being able to trust your own mind.
Totally sympathise! I just keep flitting from one thing on my vag to the next, thinking to myself well it can’t ALL be cancer, but then the next thought is well what if one of them is?? Which one do I pick as the one with the problem you know?
as soon as I do trust myself, like today, as soon as I try and feel okay, something else happens 😪😪😪💔

Reactions: 2
Totally sympathise! I just keep flitting from one thing on my vag to the next, thinking to myself well it can’t ALL be cancer, but then the next thought is well what if one of them is?? Which one do I pick as the one with the problem you know?
as soon as I do trust myself, like today, as soon as I try and feel okay, something else happens 😪😪😪💔
Exactly that :( and you know that even if you did go and get all your worries tested (which they'd never do anyway) you'd just find something new! I just don't know how you are supposed to get better from this. It just gets worse and worse, I started with episodes of worry over one thing, that would last a few months then I'd get a break. Then no breaks and now up to 10 things at the same time with no breaks. It's just relentless :(

• Sad
Exactly that :( and you know that even if you did go and get all your worries tested (which they'd never do anyway) you'd just find something new! I just don't know how you are supposed to get better from this. It just gets worse and worse, I started with episodes of worry over one thing, that would last a few months then I'd get a break. Then no breaks and now up to 10 things at the same time with no breaks. It's just relentless :(
I told myself enough was enough when I got the all clear results from my colonoscopy in December and what happened in jan? I started worrying about my vag 😪😪😪 I wish I could give you a hug and a way to make it go away for you 😪

I told myself enough was enough when I got the all clear results from my colonoscopy in December and what happened in jan? I started worrying about my vag 😪😪😪 I wish I could give you a hug and a way to make it go away for you 😪
It's always the way :( Our brains are basically permanently in hazard perception mode like in your driving test lmao. It's like one thing is fine and it's like "right buddy, so what else could get us!?" and if you do have a moment of calm you start panicking that you are too calm lmfao. You too :(

I can see things that aren't even there now.
this is like me with my discharge today, is it brown or just normal yellow? I think I’m just seeing things but how do I know if I am or not?? 😪

It's always the way :( Our brains are basically permanently in hazard perception mode like in your driving test lmao. It's like one thing is fine and it's like "right buddy, so what else could get us!?" and if you do have a moment of calm you start panicking that you are too calm lmfao. You too :(
That was me at the weekend, I was so on edge with nothing to worry about! So probably a good thing I’ve totally spiralled today 😪

this is like me with my discharge today, is it brown or just normal yellow? I think I’m just seeing things but how do I know if I am or not?? 😪

That was me at the weekend, I was so on edge with nothing to worry about! So probably a good thing I’ve totally spiralled today 😪
Do you ever notice something and then start the spiral of - omg has this always been like this!? and if someone tells you it has/probably has, you're like, well how would I have not noticed? Surely I would have! (especially as we notice everything lmao) but my boyfriend always says, everything was new at some point and the chances of all these things you've noticed appearing the day you notice them, are slim to none. So I guess even if it appeared a week ago, that's a whole week of not noticing - so if it could be a week, it could have been your whole life. If that makes sense lol. It is reassuring but I'm so bad for it. I'm like you with my vag at the minute lol. First there was the fleshy sort of curved wall on the upper canal wall and now I'm worrying that my outer bits and urethra look like an alien lifeform ahahahahahahaha. I've genuinely never looked at it before and looked a few weeks ago and saw loads of fleshy lumpy bits outside the entrance and was like - WTF IS THAT!? It's so embarassing how little I know about our anatomy looool

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.