Health Anxiety

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
you’ve probably seen my threads on there lol
I know how you feel, the cervical cancer and women’s health threads set me off on here 😓
I’m so sorry you’re struggling! hugs to you ❤
Hugs back to you ❤
The thought of someone else going through this is horrible 💔

The doctor said to me what is worse, dying young or living to be 90 and looking back at how much I worried unnecessarily/made myself miserable. I really don’t know which is worse tbh 🤷‍♀️

thanks for the nice chat ❤ I’m now going to go back to my usual threads on here (Chatting about IGers lol)

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Omg are you me?! I also got so worried about bowel cancer I had a flexi sig and colonoscopy, all was fine, and I knew once that fine result was back I knew, I thought to myself, what’s going to be next?
I also used no more panic, I didn’t find anyone there very caring! If you had a positive experience there, great, but personally I wouldn’t recommend that website at all!
I too had awful experiences on NMP, loads of condescending people who don’t even have HA lurking on a HA forum belittling the people who are struggling, make it make sense!?

I too had awful experiences on NMP, loads of condescending people who don’t even have HA lurking on a HA forum belittling the people who are struggling, make it make sense!?
Someone even said to me ‘people have it worse, they actually have cancer why are you worrying when you know nothings wrong with you?’ Like wow

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
Oh wow those people sound horrible 🙃 Don’t you worry Karen I’ll just stop thinking then if it’s that easy... see you next Tuesday

how’s everyone doing?
I’m spiralling tonight. I’ve had some bloating for about three weeks now and never really suffered with bloating before, so I’m convinced it’s ovarian cancer. as I also have an urgency to go for a wee when i need it.
I am going to ring the doctor in the morning but I just hope I don’t feel silly or get fobbed off. I’m also panicking because my doctors are still not doing face to face appointments so how the hell are they going to asses it? It’s stressing me out so much 😣

• Sad
As soon as I feel okay everything goes to tit 😪😪
Got my period, thought yesterday (day 4) it was ending as only minimal flow, thought I’d only get spotting today (sorry tmi😓) and all today up until like half an hour ago I had nothing, then suddenly I’ve had a bit of reddy brown bleeding 😪 I don’t know why it’s worrying me so much, I know realistically it’s just my period but now I’m so scared it’s cervical cancer 😪 when I had my implant I wasn’t worried about bleeding bc I could blame it on the implant, now every month I’m terrified bc I haven’t got anything to blame it on 😪 is this normal? I did virtually nothing all day yesterday so maybe that’s why I had hardly any flow, and my periods are normally 5ish days long so it’s not like I’m bleeding out of cycle
I was alone from yesterday lunchtime till next Wednesday, this is going to be torture already, I hate it 😪 I knew something would happen

edited to add had a smear last jan, no problems, not had sex for nearly that long too

how’s everyone doing?
I’m spiralling tonight. I’ve had some bloating for about three weeks now and never really suffered with bloating before, so I’m convinced it’s ovarian cancer. as I also have an urgency to go for a wee when i need it.
I am going to ring the doctor in the morning but I just hope I don’t feel silly or get fobbed off. I’m also panicking because my doctors are still not doing face to face appointments so how the hell are they going to asses it? It’s stressing me out so much 😣
Omg I’m so sorry I’ve only just seen this! How are you today? Had any changes to diet etc? Have you spoken to a dr today?

• Sad
Got my period, thought yesterday (day 4) it was ending as only minimal flow, thought I’d only get spotting today (sorry tmi😓) and all today up until like half an hour ago I had nothing, then suddenly I’ve had a bit of reddy brown bleeding 😪 I don’t know why it’s worrying me so much, I know realistically it’s just my period but now I’m so scared it’s cervical cancer 😪 when I had my implant I wasn’t worried about bleeding bc I could blame it on the implant, now every month I’m terrified bc I haven’t got anything to blame it on 😪 is this normal? I did virtually nothing all day yesterday so maybe that’s why I had hardly any flow, and my periods are normally 5ish days long so it’s not like I’m bleeding out of cycle
I was alone from yesterday lunchtime till next Wednesday, this is going to be torture already, I hate it 😪 I knew something would happen

edited to add had a smear last jan, no problems, not had sex for nearly that long too
I'd say that's fine, all perfectly normal - I dont have a normal cycle anymore due to the coil but I used to get that quite often - the whole stop start thing plays havoc with HA but nothing to be worried about - especially if reddy/brown as its older blood

Stress also affects cycle quite a lot and lockdown.

Nature of HA as well - as soon as we stop worrying about one thing, there's another thing popping up. I'm having that at the moment and it's been horrible 😔 but I really dont think this is anything to worry about at all xx

Omg I’m so sorry I’ve only just seen this! How are you today? Had any changes to diet etc? Have you spoken to a dr today?
How long have you been off the implant? Could it be due to just coming off that? My periods range from 4-5 days too but I just assume this is normal?
And thanks for the message, had a telephone appointment today and the doctor said it sounds like IBS but I’m not satisfied or convinced at all as no issues with bowl movements or any pain but he said he’ll give me a prescription for buscapan for four weeks and if still bloated then he will book me in for a scan. He said if it was something sinister there would be pain during/after sex, spotting etc which I don’t have but I’m not satisfied.

• Sad
How long have you been off the implant? Could it be due to just coming off that? My periods range from 4-5 days too but I just assume this is normal?
And thanks for the message, had a telephone appointment today and the doctor said it sounds like IBS but I’m not satisfied or convinced at all as no issues with bowl movements or any pain but he said he’ll give me a prescription for buscapan for four weeks and if still bloated then he will book me in for a scan. He said if it was something sinister there would be pain during/after sex, spotting etc which I don’t have but I’m not satisfied.
Since august so quite a while! Before I went on it my periods would be like 6/7 days and HEAVY, although thankfully they’re not as bad since coming off the implant, so maybe it is normal ☹ Im sorry to hear you feel like that! Definitely keep on at them if it’s not normal! X

Since august so quite a while! Before I went on it my periods would be like 6/7 days and HEAVY, although thankfully they’re not as bad since coming off the implant, so maybe it is normal ☹ Im sorry to hear you feel like that! Definitely keep on at them if it’s not normal! X
Ahhh right maybe this is now your normal flow then, now things are back to normal?
It’s funny, trying to reassure someone on here cos things seem ‘normal’ but when it’s yourself, you feel like it must be something sinister like cancer. 😫🙄

Ahhh right maybe this is now your normal flow then, now things are back to normal?
It’s funny, trying to reassure someone on here cos things seem ‘normal’ but when it’s yourself, you feel like it must be something sinister like cancer. 😫🙄
Therin lies the irony 😅 if anything, it’s yesterday not bleeding much at all which is the weird day, not today, and it’s not bright red or anything it is heading towards spotting so maybe it’s okay 🥺
Do you like ginger or mint? Either of those steeped in hot water can help with bloating!

To me both your problems don’t sound worrying but I know we are never settled with reassurance for long :( I’m so done with it all tbh. It’s relentless and like you say, if it’s not one thing, it’s just another, or another ten. I feel like that these days, I’m at the point where I genuinely am worried about atleast 5-6 types of cancer a day and its like, how can I ever do anything about this because I can’t just live at the doctors and even if I did, I’d constantly find new things/not believe them anyway.

Its just so bleeping terrible beyond belief.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Now I’ve got pain in my lower stomach like period pains but maybe it’s just because I’m anxious 😪 I can’t do this for another week and a bit 😓

• Sad
To me both your problems don’t sound worrying but I know we are never settled with reassurance for long :( I’m so done with it all tbh. It’s relentless and like you say, if it’s not one thing, it’s just another, or another ten. I feel like that these days, I’m at the point where I genuinely am worried about atleast 5-6 types of cancer a day and its like, how can I ever do anything about this because I can’t just live at the doctors and even if I did, I’d constantly find new things/not believe them anyway.

Its just so bleeping terrible beyond belief.
This is exactly how I feel. I constantly worry about different cancers, or imminent heart attack. I don’t think anything would reassure me unless I have constant tests but it’s just not feasible. I’ve thought about private healthcare as I worry about the nhs waiting times 😣😞

Now I’ve got pain in my lower stomach like period pains but maybe it’s just because I’m anxious 😪 I can’t do this for another week and a bit 😓
It might be that you are still on your period if it’s only been four days?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
This is exactly how I feel. I constantly worry about different cancers, or imminent heart attack. I don’t think anything would reassure me unless I have constant tests but it’s just not feasible. I’ve thought about private healthcare as I worry about the nhs waiting times 😣😞

It might be that you are still on your period if it’s only been four days?
I think it is still my period, the pains gone off now, I think it’s anxiety, I just have visions of loads of bleeding tomorrow and having to go to the Drs where they tell me it’s serious 😪😪

also I know everyone’s entitled to discuss whatever here on tattle but I find the women’s health and cervical cancer threads really triggering 😪 I’ve ignored them but I can’t stop reading 😪

Last edited:
i wish more things came with trigger warnings to be honest. saw someone share about cancer and it makes me go all crazy on the brain because fatigue constantly comes up and i am constantly fatigued (i actually think i have chronic fatigue but just need to go about trying to get it diagnosed as i know it’s quite difficult) and then i go into overdrive. or the other day i was reading a book and one of the characters got diagnosed with ovarian cancer and there i am subconsciously with a stomach ache whilst reading it.

i wish more things came with trigger warnings to be honest. saw someone share about cancer and it makes me go all crazy on the brain because fatigue constantly comes up and i am constantly fatigued (i actually think i have chronic fatigue but just need to go about trying to get it diagnosed as i know it’s quite difficult) and then i go into overdrive. or the other day i was reading a book and one of the characters got diagnosed with ovarian cancer and there i am subconsciously with a stomach ache whilst reading it.
I started watching a tv show that looked really good but had a cancer storyline, now I won’t watch it 😓

Does anyone find that physical symptoms are worsened as soon as you start Googling things? Which makes the anxiety worse, and makes your curiosity and need to google things greater? It's like a vicious circle. I worry that I'm imagining things are wrong, but then also worry that they are actually there? It's such a strange feeling.

Reactions: 6
Does anyone find that physical symptoms are worsened as soon as you start Googling things? Which makes the anxiety worse, and makes your curiosity and need to google things greater? It's like a vicious circle. I worry that I'm imagining things are wrong, but then also worry that they are actually there? It's such a strange feeling.
Yes all the time 😓I’m convinced I keep having period like pains since my post above, but I know they’re not really there😓 sending you love! ❤

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.