Health Anxiety

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes I have these! Do you eat a lot of salt and vinegar crisps/acidic foods? I get that feeling if I eat a lot of vinegary stuff!
Not really, apart from fruits.
The one thing I’d say that I probably have too much of is Diet Coke/Pepsi Max etc. I’ve not spotted a link to anything specific yet though. So glad it isn’t just me!

Not really, apart from fruits.
The one thing I’d say that I probably have too much of is Diet Coke/Pepsi Max etc. I’ve not spotted a link to anything specific yet though. So glad it isn’t just me!
Could it be the fruits? But yeah the whole front tip of my tongue is bright red, in acupuncture it means I have a lot of excess heat 😅

Could it be the fruits? But yeah the whole front tip of my tongue is bright red, in acupuncture it means I have a lot of excess heat 😅
Lol! Possibly. I do eat quite a bit of fruit. I get the sensation at the back of my tongue too. Horrible feeling.

Reactions: 1
Had a headache a few days ago that was really intense and lead me.to feel confused.
I ended up going to hospital and had a urine test done - I'm pregnant and they worried it would be pre eclampsia. It wasn't.

Days later and my I got a headache today as well, not as intense, and good old Google has me panicking about brain tumours, cancer etc.

I'm desperate to ask my gp for some kind of test but don't want to be made to feel crazy.

Had a headache a few days ago that was really intense and lead me.to feel confused.
I ended up going to hospital and had a urine test done - I'm pregnant and they worried it would be pre eclampsia. It wasn't.

Days later and my I got a headache today as well, not as intense, and good old Google has me panicking about brain tumours, cancer etc.

I'm desperate to ask my gp for some kind of test but don't want to be made to feel crazy.
Headaches are quite common in pregnancy so try not to worry. I get hormonal headaches so yours are probably related to your pregnancy hormones. Did they take your blood pressure in hospital as if it’s a bit high that might also give you headaches?

Same had one on and off for a week or so. The feeling of pressure in my head too. At this point I’m keen to go to the GP and like you have made the mistake of googling and found tumours, cancer etc. I never get headaches really. I’m not pregnant. The only thing that I’ve done out of the ordinary is gone swimming. I wore earplugs, but they didn’t work properly and got water in my ears and was wondering if that can cause headaches or problems. I will go when I eventually get a day off. If you do get a test let me know what you ask for. I don’t want to straight out start asking for a scan. I’ve been feeling nauseous too. Probably making myself ill. I hope you start to feel better lovely xx

Guysss I need your opinions 😅 As you know I had my contraceptive implant removed at the end of November 2020 and I STILL haven’t got my period back yet, is that normal? Should I be worried?

Guysss I need your opinions 😅 As you know I had my contraceptive implant removed at the end of November 2020 and I STILL haven’t got my period back yet, is that normal? Should I be worried?
I’d probs wait till 6 months then maybe mention it to the dr! Not bc there’s anything wrong but just because they may need to reset your hormone levels or something! I have to be honest I had mine out in august last year and my periods came back straight away! But everyone’s different ☺ How long were you on it for? Have you lost loads of weight? And Could you be pregnant?

I’d probs wait till 6 months then maybe mention it to the dr! Not bc there’s anything wrong but just because they may need to reset your hormone levels or something! I have to be honest I had mine out in august last year and my periods came back straight away! But everyone’s different ☺ How long were you on it for? Have you lost loads of weight? And Could you be pregnant?
Good idea! I’m glad everything went back to normal for you! It was over three years (I think three and a half). I was meant to have it out at three years but then we were in a lockdown and I just left it! I’ve lost a lot of weight since having it out and definitely not because I did a test!

Good idea! I’m glad everything went back to normal for you! It was over three years (I think three and a half). I was meant to have it out at three years but then we were in a lockdown and I just left it! I’ve lost a lot of weight since having it out and definitely not because I did a test!
I’m sure it’s nothing to worry about though lovely! X

Feeling generally unwell and rum down. Don't feel like it's worth calling doctors because I feel like I Know there's something wrong with me but nothing is ever picked up.

sometimes I wish there was something seriously wrong with me so that I get taken seriously rather than brushed off with "bloods look normal so no follow up needed"

• Sad
Feeling generally unwell and rum down. Don't feel like it's worth calling doctors because I feel like I Know there's something wrong with me but nothing is ever picked up.

sometimes I wish there was something seriously wrong with me so that I get taken seriously rather than brushed off with "bloods look normal so no follow up needed"
Honestly hun I feel like that sometimes too! You’re not alone ❤ Are you getting out in the daylight enough? I know i haven’t been and it affects how I feel, another thing I’ve been doing is opening the windows to the bedroom to let in fresh air, I barely leave the house in the week these days, and it really does help me sleep better!

• Heart
Reactions: 2

Your "Controversial statement" is nothing to be ashamed of, it's the nature of OCD/health anxiety.
At it's worst it will leave you doubting everything and any medical practitioner.

I hope l don't sound patronising but when you are in the grip of it, you are sure there's something seriously wrong.
This impacts everything from your mind to your body and how you feel. Including physical symptoms that are real.

Sending all the best x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’ve been off line for a few weeks due to my anxiety. I ended up being referred to the breast clinic about my lump. After examinations and an ultrasound its nothing serious. Fatty tissue or a cyst. So relieved!! Can stop worrying myself silly!!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’ve been off line for a few weeks due to my anxiety. I ended up being referred to the breast clinic about my lump. After examinations and an ultrasound its nothing serious. Fatty tissue or a cyst. So relieved!! Can stop worrying myself silly!!
Glad it wasn’t anything to worry about in the end! ❤

• Heart
Health anxiety ruined my life.
I’ve had it for 17 years (I’m 30 now).
It’s miserable and debilitating, I’ve personally never met any one with it to the extent I do.
I’ve tried everything from therapy, psychiatrist, tablets - dozens of things and I cannot be fixed.
It can get so intense that I think about it every minute of the day - it’s also made me suicidal.
I had a fear of rectal cancer that got so bad, I had a flexible sigmoidoscopy which came back fine (a month ago) so I’m currently in a honeymoon period but know the next thing is just waiting for it’s turn 💔
I was on strong ADs but I really want a baby so I have come off of them. The desire for a baby (number 2) came after my flex sigmoidscopy. Because I know when I’m in the HA loop I won’t be capable of ttc.

don’t know why I put all this here. I usually post on nomorepanic but fancied a change lol

Health anxiety ruined my life.
I’ve had it for 17 years (I’m 30 now).
It’s miserable and debilitating, I’ve personally never met any one with it to the extent I do.
I’ve tried everything from therapy, psychiatrist, tablets - dozens of things and I cannot be fixed.
It can get so intense that I think about it every minute of the day - it’s also made me suicidal.
I had a fear of rectal cancer that got so bad, I had a flexible sigmoidoscopy which came back fine (a month ago) so I’m currently in a honeymoon period but know the next thing is just waiting for it’s turn 💔
I was on strong ADs but I really want a baby so I have come off of them. The desire for a baby (number 2) came after my flex sigmoidscopy. Because I know when I’m in the HA loop I won’t be capable of ttc.

don’t know why I put all this here. I usually post on nomorepanic but fancied a change lol
Omg are you me?! I also got so worried about bowel cancer I had a flexi sig and colonoscopy, all was fine, and I knew once that fine result was back I knew, I thought to myself, what’s going to be next?
I also used no more panic, I didn’t find anyone there very caring! If you had a positive experience there, great, but personally I wouldn’t recommend that website at all!

Omg are you me?! I also got so worried about bowel cancer I had a flexi sig and colonoscopy, all was fine, and I knew once that fine result was back I knew, I thought to myself, what’s going to be next?
I also used no more panic, I didn’t find anyone there very caring! If you had a positive experience there, great, but personally I wouldn’t recommend that website at all!
I usually just go on it to vent my current worry and people come and tell me I’m over thinking etc. Not really useful but it’s nice to vent somewhere when your family don’t get it one bit and just think you’re crazy lol.
Strange you had a bad experience? On the HA forum it’s just people like you and I, and a few mods who respond to every post with “what are you doing to help your health anxiety?”

I’m worried now posting has triggered my HA again. Well not even posting just coming across this thread. This is the trouble with it, a simple IG post or comment from someone can set me off again.

I’m still not 100% over my rectal cancer fear. I don’t look in the loo after using anymore :) (well done me lol) but it’s still on my mind.

the longest worry I’ve had is MS (from about 2010-2017). Since then it’s just cancer 💔 or if I really want to torture myself it’s worrying something is up with my son, that usually fills the gaps.
It’s tit 💔

I usually just go on it to vent my current worry and people come and tell me I’m over thinking etc. Not really useful but it’s nice to vent somewhere when your family don’t get it one bit and just think you’re crazy lol.
Strange you had a bad experience? On the HA forum it’s just people like you and I, and a few mods who respond to every post with “what are you doing to help your health anxiety?”

I’m worried now posting has triggered my HA again. Well not even posting just coming across this thread. This is the trouble with it, a simple IG post or comment from someone can set me off again.

I’m still not 100% over my rectal cancer fear. I don’t look in the loo after using anymore :) (well done me lol) but it’s still on my mind.

the longest worry I’ve had is MS (from about 2010-2017). Since then it’s just cancer 💔 or if I really want to torture myself it’s worrying something is up with my son, that usually fills the gaps.
It’s tit 💔
you’ve probably seen my threads on there lol
I know how you feel, the cervical cancer and women’s health threads set me off on here 😓
I’m so sorry you’re struggling! hugs to you ❤

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.