Health Anxiety

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Had a really horrible day with my anxiety 😪 been checking my vag area loads recently, if I’m not worried about my vag I’m worried about where wee comes out, so I looked this morning and when I looked back on the photo I took i could see a little red patch, so I looked closer and it looked like a cut? But then I’ve been checking literally all day and now it almost looks like a tiny red bump thing, literally at the top of my vag on the triangley bit around my pee hole 😪 so now I’m terrified it’s urethral cancer but I don’t understand why it looks like a cut in some pictures and a little red bump in others?? Maybe it’s started growing cancerous in the space of a few hours today 😪😪😪 oh and a few months ago I didn’t drink enough in the evening and the next morning didn’t go for a wee till 10am, when I went it was really dark but I couldn’t work out if it was bloody or not? Haven’t had it again but every time I go to the toilet I’m worried I’m going to see blood 😪 please someone talk me down from this
Tell yourself again and again these are thoughts not facts, thoughts not facts. The reason your wee was dark is because you were really dehydrated, the more dehydrated you are the darker the wee. We we always be clinging onto something and worrying about something, mines bowel cancer this week. No idea why, then I end up noticing lots of Facebook posts/leaflets/ adverts about it and I feel like it’s the universe telling me I have it. I know how you feel when you’ve fallen down the rabbit hole of finding something new to worry about, it’s exhausting. Drink lots and rest. You don’t have urethral cancer, thoughts not facts❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 1
So sorry you had a bad day ❤ you’ve probably cut yourself whilst checking, that area is extremely delicate and our nails can cause little tears! If you’ve taken multiple pictures it will be different angles/lighting/positioning of the camera making it look different! It most likely is 100% normal whatever it is, if it is anything or you’ve wiped too hard, could just be hot too! Does it sting at all? Remember your brain will try to make you think there is something there when there’s not. It’s like staring at something for too long with such concentration you will start to see it differently. Cancer will not grow in the space of hours! It’s impossible! If you wiped and there was no blood I’m pretty sure it was dehydration, as you can dehydrate so quickly, our urine changes daily! Please don’t panic or worry, I can feel that you’re absoloutely fine! Try and distract yourself from worrying, have a nice drink or snack, fuel your body because it will fuel your mind too and you will feel better. I promise ❤
Tell yourself again and again these are thoughts not facts, thoughts not facts. The reason your wee was dark is because you were really dehydrated, the more dehydrated you are the darker the wee. We we always be clinging onto something and worrying about something, mines bowel cancer this week. No idea why, then I end up noticing lots of Facebook posts/leaflets/ adverts about it and I feel like it’s the universe telling me I have it. I know how you feel when you’ve fallen down the rabbit hole of finding something new to worry about, it’s exhausting. Drink lots and rest. You don’t have urethral cancer, thoughts not facts❤❤
Thanks ladies ☹❤ no it doesn’t sting which is a bit odd 😪 but it definitely looks like a cut on some pictures, then something else on others 😪 trying to tell myself it’s not an irregular shape, I can see the borders☹

Thanks ladies ☹❤ no it doesn’t sting which is a bit odd 😪 but it definitely looks like a cut on some pictures, then something else on others 😪 trying to tell myself it’s not an irregular shape, I can see the borders☹
The cut is probably so small you wouldn’t really feel it! Do not Google because it always comes up with the worst possible outcome! I would leave it alone and by tomorrow I bet you have forgotten all about it ❤

• Heart
The cut is probably so small you wouldn’t really feel it! Do not Google because it always comes up with the worst possible outcome! I would leave it alone and by tomorrow I bet you have forgotten all about it ❤
Well it definitely wasn’t there Saturday, and I’ve looked at some old pics that I took last time I was worried and it was red then too, but I’d been touching it loads ☹

Well it definitely wasn’t there Saturday, and I’ve looked at some old pics that I took last time I was worried and it was red then too, but I’d been touching it loads ☹
I think you answered it yourself, you’ve been touching it loads! If you were to start touching/poking your arm right now it would slowly start to go red, then it would get irritated and inflamed, the same goes for down there but it’s even more sensitive! Like the other poster said, thoughts not facts ❤

• Heart
Leave the area alone for a week or so and then look again. Make sure you're in a bright area and maybe have a mirror in front of you so you can fully check it out. If you're concerned after that time period has passed then maybe book into your GP but it sounds as though you have potentially irritated / made the area sore - it's totally normal :)

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Thankyou ❤ Please tell me I’m not the only one with photos on my phone of various moles/ other dodgy looking things on my body? 😂

Thankyou ❤ Please tell me I’m not the only one with photos on my phone of various moles/ other dodgy looking things on my body? 😂
You’re definitely not! Put some sudocreme on, then leave it. I’ve done this before and the constant touching aggravated the skin, made it red and sore then started weeping like a cut. It’s the touching of it so honestly I know it’s hard, have a bath, put the cream on and then leave it. No googling, no touching and everytime you go to touch it say to yourself STOP! Cancel those thoughts if you can.

I’m good and dishing out this advice by the way but not taking it and can totally relate to the health anxiety spiral 😘

• Heart
You’re definitely not! Put some sudocreme on, then leave it. I’ve done this before and the constant touching aggravated the skin, made it red and sore then started weeping like a cut. It’s the touching of it so honestly I know it’s hard, have a bath, put the cream on and then leave it. No googling, no touching and everytime you go to touch it say to yourself STOP! Cancel those thoughts if you can.

I’m good and dishing out this advice by the way but not taking it and can totally relate to the health anxiety spiral 😘
I don’t think it is a cut, I seem to have loads of tiny bumps around there and it looks like this one is inflamed 😪 do you still think I don’t have to worry?

I don’t think it is a cut, I seem to have loads of tiny bumps around there and it looks like this one is inflamed 😪 do you still think I don’t have to worry?
No I think you’re fine, the touching and checking has probably just irritated and made it inflamed. Just honestly try and relax and don’t look at it or touch it any more. Try and take your mind off it, go for a walk, listen to a podcast, anything to block out the negative thoughts.

• Heart
There's is so much that happens around the area trust me. I had it all at the peak of my health anxiety. You can get skin tags there and also bartholins cysts. If you have been picking or touching anything it WILL grow in size, become red and sore and possibly bleed. Those bumps have probably always been there. Its only new things or changes you need to worry about. Its only changed because you have been bothering it.

The mouth and vagina heal the quickest from cuts etc as its constantly lubricated. You need to leave it alone. Do not touch it just keep it clean. If you are still worrying in 2 days then book a doctors appointment.

Whilst you are there you should talk about your health anxiety too and try to get some help. Xx

• Heart
Just need a bit of a moan as I'm sat crying into my cup of tea. For a few months now I've been having pain on one of my heels but only when I put weight on it. I finally found the courage to phone and speak to a Dr. One phoned back and said because it's not red or swollen she's not concerned. I asked what it could be as I'd read about a condition on Google. She says oh, I don't think it's that I think it's likely tendonitis or arthritis (!) I'll text you some Information. She then sends a text with the NHS factsheet for the thing I mentioned that she said it wasn't! So I'm now none the wiser, sick of it being sore and feeling miserable tonight! I'm normal circumstances I could have actually sat with a Dr and discussed it and had it examines but it seems they aren't interested now cos of Covid being the only thing that matters nowadays!
Needed to get that off my chest. My mind's racing with awful senarios.
I hope everyone is ok. HA is tit xx

• Heart
Just need a bit of a moan as I'm sat crying into my cup of tea. For a few months now I've been having pain on one of my heels but only when I put weight on it. I finally found the courage to phone and speak to a Dr. One phoned back and said because it's not red or swollen she's not concerned. I asked what it could be as I'd read about a condition on Google. She says oh, I don't think it's that I think it's likely tendonitis or arthritis (!) I'll text you some Information. She then sends a text with the NHS factsheet for the thing I mentioned that she said it wasn't! So I'm now none the wiser, sick of it being sore and feeling miserable tonight! I'm normal circumstances I could have actually sat with a Dr and discussed it and had it examines but it seems they aren't interested now cos of Covid being the only thing that matters nowadays!

It’s horrible to be fobbed off lovely❤ Could it be plantar fasciitis? My mum gets it and it can be really painful, her physio gave her some excercises to do which helps but she often gets flare ups! HA is so consuming and exhausting, if only we could switch our brains off!x

• Heart
I’ve had this on and off for years! Is it like right underneath your heel? Might be plantar fascitis! (Ooh @Fluffyducks snap 😜)Do you wear heels/high shoes or on your feet alot? I sympathise, it was really painful when I had it! I was recommended to wear completely flat shoes to stretch the heel muscle out!

• Heart
If you ever need a friend to cry into a cuppa with, let me know. Hope everything gets sorted ❤

• Heart
Plantar fascitis is what I suggested it could be but she seemed pretty sure it wasn't yet sent me the information about it anyway?! Its under and up the inner side of my heel. I got some memory foam slippers and have noticed I am wearing down only one side of the foam of my sore heel so I am walking funny but I don't know if it's because it hurts or if it's what's causing the issue in the first place. I have only worn heels a couple of times since last march and bizarrely it feels better with them on, I assume cos I'm putting more weight on the ball of my foot. Walking bare feet on hard flooring makes it worse. I told her this but got nowhere. I'm quite cross tbh. Thanks for the replies ladies xx

If you ever need a friend to cry into a cuppa with, let me know. Hope everything gets sorted ❤
Thank you that's really sweet of you ❤

Plantar fascitis is what I suggested it could be but she seemed pretty sure it wasn't yet sent me the information about it anyway?! Its under and up the inner side of my heel. I got some memory foam slippers and have noticed I am wearing down only one side of the foam of my sore heel so I am walking funny but I don't know if it's because it hurts or if it's what's causing the issue in the first place. I have only worn heels a couple of times since last march and bizarrely it feels better with them on, I assume cos I'm putting more weight on the ball of my foot. Walking bare feet on hard flooring makes it worse. I told her this but got nowhere. I'm quite cross tbh. Thanks for the replies ladies xx

Thank you that's really sweet of you ❤

I think it definitelty sounds a lot like plantar fasciitis rather than something sinister. Although I totally realise how rationally I can’t think about other people’s ailments but when it’s me I go into a blind panic and immediately assume thae worst case scenario, so I’d hate for you to feel like I’m dismissing your worries as I totally understand❤ My mum was given some exercises to do and definitely found what shoes she was wearing made a difference, so she now wears shoes with a high arch to support the foot, one of the exercises was rolling a tennis ball round the ball of her foot which helped. Don’t be afraid to go back though if you’re not happy (again I hypocritically say this as someone who puts off calling then GP as long as possible!)xx

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.